[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on these games /vp/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 10

Thoughts on these games /vp/?
>>
>>27373257
I liked them
>>
They're only good as a first experience, everything else has more features.

Give it to a nostalgiafan if you want to introduce him to the franchise.

It fulfills it's purpose though, it remakes the originals, and that's it.
>>
File: 1460956648192.png (98KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
1460956648192.png
98KB, 557x605px
Was super into R/S/E at the time when they came out.

Still wasn't an internet surfer yet so I didn't know they were coming out. Dad came home from a business trip to Japan with official Japanese copies of the game for my brother and I. It blew my mind and is a good memory.
>>
the extra islands were pretty nice to explore the first time around
>>
Extremely boring.
>>
Remakes when!?
>>
They're ok but nothing special

Way too early in my opinion, it was just a quick attempt at solving the issue of trading mons from Gen 1-2 to 3, without really solving the problem. These games should've been on the DS cause the GBA was a lost cause.
>>
>>27373257

They're great. They made Kanto bearable.
>>
Fantastic. I only wish that they had come out post-Physical/Special split... Or perhaps post infinite TM usage...
>>
i like them

they're comfy as fuck
>>
>>27373257
It felt like the developers really rushed the sevii islands, but other than this I really enjoyed leafgreen.
>>
>>27373257
As someone who is currently going through the series for the first time past R/B/Y, I am enjoying it. There is like a 20 year gap in my handheld pokemon resume but it added things like Mankey to have an easy time with Brock(if charmander), made bug pokemon useful kinda, cleaner inventory, new attack types and movesets to make old mons more useful - a fucking Gravler is on my team and hes just a beast

And running shoes. This was the most mindblowing part.
>>
>>27373442
>it was just a quick attempt at solving the issue of trading mons from Gen 1-2 to 3, without really solving the problem.
How did it not solve the problem if you had the ability to get those Pokemon?
>>
>>27373257
They're too easy, especially when compared with b/w
>>
>>27373627
They would only be easy if you'd played pokemon games before, how can a remake be harder than the original without losing a great deal of the original story?
>>
>>27373542
Mankey was in at least Yellow in gen 1. The rest is spot on, so much better. Not on a clunky gameboy.
>>
>>27373659
>how can a remake be harder than the original without losing a great deal of the original story?
Because AI and Teams have nothing to do with the story.
They could have easily pulled an ORAS and made it harder that way but they did the exact opposite.
>>
>>27373659
>how can a remake be harder than the original without losing a great deal of the original story?
What does story have to do with difficulty?
Im just saying i recently played Firered and White both for the first time and in my opinion, Firered way easier
>>
>>27373693
>Oras
>Harder
Opinion discarded.
>>
>>27373702
That's because Kanto mons>Unova shits.
Specially since gen V has ungodly high evolution levels.
>>
Excellent remixes throughout, the music is some of the best in the franchise.
Graphics look very nice, Sevii Islands were very comfy and a nice addition.
Very good remakes altogether.
>>
>>27373711
>everything after the half way point is buffed from their originals
>E4 use new teams that are better than their RSE counterparts
At least play ORAS instead of shitposting.
>>
>>27373733
>Y-you haven't played it.
I have and it's way easier, not everything is about the enemy teams but your options as well. In RSE you didn't have a mega evolution to fuck everything, or a pseudo handed to you, that's why Kanto is easier than Unova, because Unova mons stay shitmons the longest with having ahit evolving at lv 50 or afterwards, when Kanto mons get good at lv 36-38.
>>
>>27373257
Fucking great. Second best games in the franchise.
>>
>>27373722
Are you saying my team of
Venosaur
Raichu
Fearow
Nidoking
A lv.12 rattata HM slave
And vaporeon is that great?
But honestly Vaporeons Sp.atk is OP as fuck
>>
>>27373257
>Thoughts on these games /vp/?

They're loved remakes that modernized and made the originals bearable- I'd recommend them to anyone looking to get into the "original games" over the actual originals.

Though, with all of that said I feel as though they were a little underappreciated and underdeveloped. I'm not 100% sure they added as much as they could have to the game when considering even the contemporary mechanics 'n so forth that were available to them.

Like, if I remember correctly you have to beat the elite four before you're even allowed to breed pokemon.

The game however did introduce pokemon by ENVIRONMENT and those aesthetic as fuck little area title-cards.
>>
It had better Johto remixes than the Johto remake.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm7HjS747mM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkzTjGf4n8E
>>
>>27373796
Yes, for in-game it's godly specially Vaporeon with access to Surf which wrecks the last two gyms easy as fuck even when 10 lvs underleveled.
Venusaur kills with leech seed/sleep powder/growth/razor leaf
Raichu has enough power to OHKO things with thunderbolt.
Fearow has decent offensive prowess and access to Fly which is great in-game.
Nidoking has GOAT movepool with TMs.

And you can have this team with everything leveled up to 40 or below, compare it to univa if you want usabird, volcarona or every other lv 50 evolution.
>>
>>27373778
>because Unova mons stay shitmons the longest
Despite the fact that many of them are incredibly strong upon evolving at a relatively low level.
There are very little shitmon in Gen 5 while the opposite is true for gen 1 where upon evolution many of the the Pokemon are still shitmon or the good pokemon are locked behind say, trading and other methods.
>>
>>27373257
my personal favorites. would love them to remake for 3ds, but that's asking too much
>>
Genwunner here, giving FireRed another playthrough. I've been warming up to the newer designs so I look forward to the Sevii islands this time. Definitely adding Donphan to my team, and went with Bulbasaur so I'd have access to Entei.
>>
>>27373257
brilliant games. gen 3 aurora beam has to be the coolest looking move ever. same with thunderpunch. sprites looked the best ever here (or maybe in crystal). music was okay. sevii islands were GOAT. i remember the ups man coming with it to my door and i was blown away by the graphics
>>
>>27373804
Yeah saving the good shit until you've beaten the game was lame, as was the lack of a day/night cycle.
>>
>>27373257
Absolutely loved them
I was pretty little when gen 1 came out so it was a total blast to be able to play them with a little more vidya experience
>>
>>27373958
I mean for in-game, kadabra is readily available and can solo the game, nidoking is available as soon as mt moon and has godly tm movepool, eevee can be evolved upon acquiring it since they sell evolution stones so you can have a vaporeon with stab surf as soon as you get surf, which is as early as getting pokéflute. Your starter can easily solo, dodrio is godly in RBY thanks to low level drill peck and either way, fly is enough for in-game. The only pokémon who evolves as late as unovamons in kanto is Dragonite.
>>
>>27374053
>as was the lack of a day/night cycle.
stop fucking whining about this. it makes no difference besides being a pain to get certain pokemon.
>>
>>27374073
literally the first time I've posted about these games, stop fucking whining about people having opinions you don't like.
>>
>>27373257
i'd like to see a GSC reverse, go kanto first then johto
>>
>>27373983
>remake of gen 1
>pander to gen one nostalgia following Pokemon go

Now would be as good a time as any desu
>>
>>27373958
But Unova has the shittiest starters, Emboar is slow and fragile and thus not as good and Serperior is useless without contrary. In comparison to Charizard which is respectable for in-game as long as rocks aren't near it, blastoise which can tank a lot of hits and gets a strong stab in surf, and venusaur which has godly support moves like sleep powder, growth, toxic, leech seed...
>>
File: firered.png (145KB, 300x278px) Image search: [Google]
firered.png
145KB, 300x278px
>>27373257
charming and completely inoffensive. i dont see how anyone could dislike them
>>
File: Pokemon_FRLG_PalletTown.png (6KB, 384x320px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon_FRLG_PalletTown.png
6KB, 384x320px
>>27374145
nigga that ain't firered
>>
>>27373257
Prettiest trees in the series.
>>
>>27373958
>relatively low level
Golurk
Mienshao
Haxorus
Braviary
Hydreigon
Mandibuzz
Klinklang
Bisharp
Gothitelle
Chandelure

All evolve post lv 40
>>
>>27374242
Gen 5 was so poorly thought out.
I can't believe anyone on this board can say they were the best games in the series.
>>
>>27374242
Almost half of that list are found late game, so unless you're doing a Nuzlock it's unlikely anyone would use them.
Besides, there's great Pokemon that evolve at decent level like Tynamo, Drilbur, Sandile and decent ones that don't evolve like Sigilyph, Sawk and Druddigon
>>
>>27374068
You haven't actually played a Unova game have you.
For in game you're given absolutely godly Pokemon before the half way point even Zebstrika and Stoutland can demolish the majority of Gyms without effort especially with Zebstrika's speed.
Then there's Drilbur which can be found before the second gym, Sawk, Petilil after the second, Darumaka, Sandile, Scraggy, Sigilyph all Pokemon found before the fourth gym that can evolve into powerful Pokemon relatively early with a wide array of types to take advantage of.
Not to mention you can grind Audino for quick levels.

>>27374124
>But Unova has the shittiest starters
And the others are some of the best in the game bar mega pokemon in recent games and for in game runs are extremely useful.

>>27374242
Congrats you picked out less than a quarter that appear in the late game.

Thinking about it, it's pretty amazing how they made Unova difficult while giving you some of these great Pokemon.
>>
>>27374357
My nigga, tynamo evolves at lvl 39 and that nigga barely has moves to learn until then
>>
>>27374409
>Y-you haven't played them
Why do you always scurry back to this when you have no argument? I played Black and BW2.

And the point stands, Kadabra at lv 18 can destroy everything in Kanto, compare itt to your mons that need to lv to 35 or so, tynamo evolves like at 39 and elektross is still slow as fuck.

>10% of the dex evolves at lv 40+
T-those don't count.

Most trope-mons in Unova evolve later, hell even the pseudo evolves like 10 lvs later, at lv 64.
>>
>>27374424
Fuck, I thought it was 29 then a stone
Anyways, Zebstrika is fine for most of the game when it comes to electric types
>>
>>27374530
>compare itt to your mons that need to lv to 35 or so
That can still demolish without being fully evolved, can be found fully evolved or level up quickly. What's your point exactly?
Because you aren't showing it very well here. I mean by Elesa you should have Pokemon in the 20s to 30s and that gives you a hell of a lot to work with.

>T-those don't count.
You're purposely picking out pokemon that appear in the late game instead of looking at the early game ones that evolve at low levels. That's like if I said
>kanto only had good mon that evolved at late levels because dragonite is the only good Pokemon!

What are you even whining about here?
>>
>>27374660
I'm just saying Unova has an unproportionate number of pokémon species which evolve a lot later. Which it does. Go look a list of evolutions per level, Unova mons are the latest not counting pseudos.
>>
File: image.jpg (246KB, 1536x1613px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
246KB, 1536x1613px
>>27374660
>>
>>27374701
>I'm just saying Unova has an unproportionate number of pokémon species which evolve a lot later.
Not really, most evolve fully in the 30 range while there are a handful of 40+ but I'll give you that the range is different from other games. Mostly because of the new level scaling in the game and power creep. In all honesty it seems like Gen 5 was one of the few gens GF tried to balance as far as in game went.

In any case the original point was that they remain shitmon the longest when they're powerful from the moment you get it.
>>
File: image.jpg (244KB, 1507x1618px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
244KB, 1507x1618px
>>
File: image.jpg (243KB, 1536x1565px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
243KB, 1536x1565px
>>
>>27374752
>>27374795
What exactly are you trying to prove here?
>>
>>27374819
See the list, count how many pokémon are shitmons up to a high level. Or are you going to try and tell me joltik is useful at lv 35, axew at lv 38, mienfoo at 49...
Just in general unova mons evolve late as fuck.
>>
>>27374851
see >>27374777

Also are you just labeling Pokemon shitmon because they aren't fully evolved?
Axew on it's own is a force simply because Dragon ran nigh unopposed in every gen prior to 6.
>>
>>27374895
40/87/60/30/40/57 aren't great base stats, at those levels you have dragonair at
61/84/65/70/70/70
>>
>>27374952
Which is where the level scaling and power creep comes into play as well as the type. Also it's considerably less rare than Dragonair is.
>>
>>27374952
Not him but the problem there is the lack of grinding points in Kanto where you can easily make up the levels in Unova so you're given better Pokemon quickly because of the way EXP works.
Also you find Dratini and Axew at the same point in each game which is around the 4/5th gym point but Axew can be found a minimum of 30 and max of 31 while Dratini is about 15 to 25.

Of course you could try your luck at that 1% chance of a dragonair in the Safari Zone where it's a minimum of 25 to a max of 35.

And to fully evolve Axew you need a level of 48 while it's 55 on Dragonair.
Basically Axew isn't a shitmon for as long as Dragonair is.
>>
>>27374042
Yeah. Specially in Col/GoD.
>>
>>27373257
Post-gen1 evolutions were locked to pander genwunners.
>>
>>27374073
So what you are saying is that the day/night cycle DOES make a difference?
>>
>>27374424
>my nigga
>nigga
Get the fuck out of here, nigger.
>>
>>27375333
Anon, an arbitrary wait time isn't making a difference. It's just making you wait on an inevitability.
>>
>>27373257
Like the originals better. they gave off a serious, adventury vibe, maybe it was the ost?
>>
>>27375459
That's what we call, nostalgia.
>>
>>27373378
I hated the islands in the post game. It would've been so much better if it had something like an Orange Island league or something else for you to do besides a treasure hunt.
>>
>>27375533
God no, the Orange League was cancer.
>>
>>27375393
It makes a difference. Whether you want to accept it or not, is a whole different concept.
>>
>>27375571
You do realise you're getting the same thing right whether it was available during the day or night right?

It made no difference to the end result at all. You're still getting the exact same thing.
>>
Good

....but then emerald and HGSS happened
>>
Rate my FireRed team:
Butterfree
Golem
Wigglytuff(strength)
Farfetched(cut, fly)
Arcanine
Vaporeon(surf)
>>
>>27374851
>>27374952
Axew was only found in Mistralton Cave, and I doubt a lot of players went there before gym 8 since its forgettable. Then after gym 8 you can get Fraxure, who is common on Victory Road
>>
>>27374952
They have similar attack as-is, and axew evolves into a much more powerful mon twice before dragonair evolves to dnite. What's your point?
>>
>>27375886
>Axew was only found in Mistralton Cave, and I doubt a lot of players went there before gym 8 since its forgettable
You'd be surprised how many players explore the area before they move on.
>>
>>27373627
b/w was piss easy too.
The only challenging battle was the one with Ghetsis at the end, and even then it wasn't all that.
>>
I wish the extra islands had some more non Kanto Pokemon
>>
>>27376023
Pokemon as a rule is piss easy but BW and BW2 are the hardest games.
>>
>>27376042
BW2 Challenge mode is the hardest game.
BW and regular BW2 aren't even as hard as Platinum.
>>
>>27376100
>Platinum
>hard
You're kidding right?
Or are you mixing tedium with difficulty like so many people do?
>>
>>27376042
Are you serious.
BW and BW2 are the hardest?

Because they had their difficulty nerfed in the "remastered edition" of that gen.

Oh wait. That was Diamond and Pearl.
>>
File: candice.png (202KB, 1450x666px) Image search: [Google]
candice.png
202KB, 1450x666px
>>27376129
Platinum's Elite 4 is much better than BW and BW2's

Compare Platinum's 7th gym with Black and White's. They're both ice gyms too, so it's not apples to oranges.

Or are better teams just tedium and not difficulty?
>>
>>27376223
>Worse moveset in Plat
>No Weavile
>only thing that makes it "hard" is the level
That's pretty much the definition of tedium right there.

Also having one more Pokemon means nothing when they're essentially fodder.
>>
>>27376261
Remove Sneasel and Candice still has the better team.
Abomasnow has good coverage, Snow Warning + Snow Cloak + Blizzard is better than whatever they were trying to do with Brine Beartic.
None of Brycen's pokemon have good movesets.
Froslass even has a Sitrus berry.
>>
>>27376261
>Giving the Team leaders signature Pokemon to a trainer before you fight it
Wew lad, also you finish BW at least 10 levels lower than you do in Platinum so take that into account with levels retard
>>
File: 358235213128.png (177KB, 613x591px) Image search: [Google]
358235213128.png
177KB, 613x591px
>>27374242
You're forgetting Volcarona, my man.
>>
>>27376294
>Remove Sneasel and Candice still has the better team.
Not really, Piloswine and Abomasnow aren't doing any favours to anyone and Piloswine should have had Ice Shard instead of Avalanche which like that is entirely useless because it depends on it going second and lets be honest Stone miss isn't hitting anything.

>Abomasnow has good coverage
Abomasnow is going to get taken out in a single turn especially since they give you more fire options in Platinum.

Also Brine's power doubles when the opponent is at 50% or lower which is where you combine it with Swagger.

Except for Froslass all of Candice's pokemon are absolute trash.

>>27376340
>also you finish BW at least 10 levels lower than you do in Platinum
>thinking tedium is difficulty
You're not too smart are you.
>>
Why do they give you the Super Rod before the Good Rod?
>>
>>27376462
Candice's team isn't perfect but it's much better than Bryce with Vanillish and Cryogonal. Brine getting stronger with swagger is situational, you're reaching with that being better than Abomasnow. Beartic would get taken down in one turn as well, it's not fast either and has terrible defenses.
Even if Candice does only have 1 good pokemon, that's more than Brycen's 0.
>>
>>27373257
Thanks for the daily FRLG thread OP. They are my favorites and play them all the time. Right now I'm farming held wild items in emerald to transfer to FRLG. My current FRLG team is as follows:
>Scizor
>Ponyta
>Jumpluff
>Pupitar
>Elekid
>Poliwhirl

They are all at least level 40 but I'm holding off on evolving some to get some moves at a lower level. It's pretty tedious to level up but hopefully it will pay off. I plan on taking on the trainer tower to farm more items.
>>
>>27375589
Your initial opinion was that it just doesn't make a difference, not whether it affects the wild percetanges appearances or not. It doesn't affect wild percetanges appearances. It does make a difference, however.
>>
>see thread
>fire up leafgreen
>max atk ev beedrill on my team
what the fuck happened
>>
The champion theme remix is the most epic shit ever, not even memeing.
>>
>>27373257
Well players seemed to choose them
>>
File: cockhat.jpg (3KB, 123x125px) Image search: [Google]
cockhat.jpg
3KB, 123x125px
>>27375533
Y-you don't like treasure hunts, anon?
Thread posts: 99
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.