[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

10 reasons why Pokémon GO sucks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_2016-07-26-20-53-24.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-26-20-53-24.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
https://youtu.be/8d2ZCt5MfYc
>>
>linking to poketubers
Fuck off.
>>
Then why is Pokemon GO the most fun I've had with the franchise since RSE?
>>
>>27371537
This dude isn't even a Pokétuber.
>>
>>27371568
Because you're an autist. No offense.
>>
>>27371597
I dunno, not liking Pokemon GO is much more in line with autism to be honest.
>>
>>27371609
Well, I'm sorry that I'm not the kind of person who laughs and claps when keys are shaken in front of my face.
>>
>>27371568
Because you never actually liked the gameplay, moreso liking it as a fad. GO allows you to get that feeling without having to mess with decent gameplay
Congratulations, you're a normie.
>>
>>27371568
Because you feel like you're part of something.

Go is objectively shit. It's barely even a game.
>>
>>27371639
I'm sorry that I'm not an autistic shut-in that's too fat to manage some exercise, too poor to afford a good data plan and scared of human interaction.

>>27371646
If I never liked the gameplay then it's pretty confusing that I've been playing it since 1998.

>>27371673
>Says that his opinions about media are objective facts
Ah, you're a total moron I see. Alright. Also I play it because I enjoy it, not for some sense of community as funny as that notion is.
>>
>>27371833
How do you enjoy tapping a screen over and over as "combat"?

The only thing you actually enjoy is walking around, because your autistic ass needed a "game" to motivate him to do that.
>>
>wearing a mask to be SO MYSTERIOUS AND ANONYMOUS ON YOUTUBE

fuck off
>>
so he doesn't like people enjoying pokemon in a way he can't relate to because he's scared of the outside. okay
>>
Another reason it sucks is because women like to act all high and mighty and don't wanna date you when you use the app.
>>
>>27371876
I do enjoy going for walks and do so nearly every day, a habit that predates Pokemon GO by years. It's nice that the app fits in to my existing lifestyle so well and it's neat that it encourages me to take alternative routes which has lead to some fun discoveries.

With Pokemon at the moment I'm just waiting on Sun and Moon to come out since aside from Volcanion my living Pokedex is complete and I have nothing to collect. Pokemon GO has given me a new Pokedex to complete and doing it is a new experience compared to doing it in the games which is refreshing.

The combat is simplistic but factors into the structure of the game pretty well. Traditional Pokemon battling has never been the draw to the series either due to how simple it is. In the games you barely have to employ a strategy beyond the rock/paper/scissors of the types. Sure there's competitive play but if you're going to take the time to learn a competitive game at a high level there are more complex and interesting games out there than Pokemon battling whose best competitive scenes rely on fan rules to fudge things.
>>
>>27371597
>going outside and socializing
>autism

pick one
>>
>>27371978
It's still a shit game and a huge disappointment.

It could've had trading, PVP, and the actual combat system but instead we got a glorified pokedex app.

Don't defend this shit.
>>
>>27371998
Socialization is not inherently a part of Pokemon Go.
>>
>>27372016

It's one of the first games of its kind, so it has little competition.

You're right that it's basically just a Pokedex, but apparently that's what people want. Keep in mind the original goal of Pokemon was to "catch 'em all". Pokemon GO is by definition a collector's game. Everything else is just tacked on to add some minor depth, even if it's entirely pointless and doesn't really serve a goal other than to brag to a friend that you have a top percentage Rattata or whatever.

Pokemon GO has a laundry list of issues, but really we've witnessed the birth of a new genre, and I'd bet money that serious mobile game developers are already working on clones and ripoffs as we speak.

>>27372109

The game is developed in such a way that it encourages socializing. Things like pokestops, lures, gyms and the different teams all facilitate that. You aren't forced to deal with other people, but if you walk through a big city playing Pokemon GO and never talk to anyone or no one talks to you, you either have bad hygiene, are a huge autist/fedoralord or you're intentionally avoiding social contact.
>>
>>27371958
If you mention that you frequent /vp/ I'm sure they'll change their minds
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.