[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm fond of both these sets of games, but which one is better?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1

File: ORASB2W2.png (239KB, 332x300px) Image search: [Google]
ORASB2W2.png
239KB, 332x300px
I'm fond of both these sets of games, but which one is better? I'm asking people who are NOT horrendously biased against ORAS and in favor of B2W2 because "muh no Frontier" and "muh PWT".

Dex-wise, I prefer ORAS since they embrace starters and legendaries from other gens rather than locking them out, but that's only one aspect (and I can always hack/trade to use my bros in either).
>>
>>27369501
B2W2.

Actually challenging, has a post game, good route distribution, gorgeous environments, and an evil team that isn't retarded.
>>
>>27369501
BW2 hands down
More challenging
Original story
Great postgame
Loved the music
But ORAS was still fun
>>
>>27369560
>BW2 hands down
>More challenging
>Original story
>Great postgame
>Loved the music
>But ORAS was still fun

This is the correct answer

I like ORAS for the record, part from nostalgia and part because I think they do hold up well enough as stand alone games. BW2 are just better.
>>
>>27369501
B2W2 all the way. ORAS has annoying amounts of handholding, and is too easy in general. It is also a bad remake (After HGSS, Gamefreak has no excuse to leave out stuff that was in the 3rd version of said gen, really.).
>>
>>27369560
I think BW1's story was better. What BW2 does right is that it shows how far things have come since BW1, so it feels like an evolving, dynamic world, kinda like Kanto in GS/HGSS but handled better since it's still the main region.
>>
>>27369501

BW2 because it has better features, better selection of Regonal Pokemon, better music, better characters, better post game, and didn't completely fuck the alredy fucked metagame even more.
>>
>>27369843
>better selection of regional Pokémon
But if you count ORAS' postgame (lol), you get pretty much everything you had in B2W2 minus a few minor ones like Auradoge.
>>
>>27369501
>no BF
>not a legitimate reason to dislike ORAS
kys

B2W2 is better hands down, and I'm speaking as someone who started with Ruby and loves Hoenn the most.
>>
>>27370100
>thinking emerald content is a legitmate reason to not like ORAS
I thinky you should kys
>>
>>27370175
After HGSS, yes, emeral content not being in ORAS is a legitimate reason, like it or not.
>>
>>27370273
You realize BF made it into hgss because it was already in platinum right? Same way maison is in oras because its in xy
>>
>>27369560
haven't played both (only gen 1-4), but how should a remake even have an original story?
>>
>>27370304
Plus, Crystal didn't have a Battle Frontier. You're basically complaining that ORAS didn't get an Emerald feature even though HGSS got a Platinum feature.
>>
>>27370304
>>27370352
I'm talking about how HGSS included Crystal stuff, while ORAS failed to do the same with Emeral stuff.
I'm not much of a Battle Frontier person myself, but I still think it should have been included.
>>
>>27370375
IIRC none of the additions from GS to Crystal were as substantial as the BF. I agree that it should have been included, but it doesn't invalidate the game just for not being there.
>>
>>27369501
I loved the PGL in gen 5 a lot more than in gen 6. It was slow on my computer, but I still liked those games a lot better, and the cool moves that the mons could learn. I wonder how impossible it would be for someone to make a gen 5 PGL server where you can at least send mons to your games, since Nintendo no longer supports it and wouldn't be interfering.

As far as overworld graphics, I prefer ORAS, if only because BW2 were limited to the original DS's graphics, so you got pixels presented in a vaguely 3D environment, but they were still pixels, and it just looked too awkward.
>>
>>27370701
Agreed. I used the PGL a lot for Gen 5, but not at all for Gen 6. It would be great if there's some sort of online server to help people get unobtainable mons in Gen 5 just like they could when WFC was up.
>>
>>27370427
Sure, it doesn't necessarily invalidate the whole game, but it still gives it a minus.
>>
>>27370375

The only Crystal stuff in HGSS are Eusine and the Ruins of Alph puzzles, wich are worthless features
>>
>>27370375
>how HGSS included Crystal stuff,
kek
>>
>>27370375
That's because the Crystal elements were fucking nothing while Emerald elements are an entirely different game.

It's like you people never played the original games.

Also HG/SS didn't even include all of the Gold and Silver features let alone the crystal ones.
>>
>>27370923
Bullshit. The plot was different, but that had no affect on actual gameplay elements. Battle Frontier can MAYBE be excused as just an example of laziness and incompetance, but everything else that Emerald added could easily have been implemented. Hell, some things like Gym rematches have been consistently in the series since.
>>
ORAS is trash.
>>
>>27370923
Everyone's favorite feature of HGSS was a feature from Yellow and one part of D/P/Pl.
>>
>>27371002
>some things like Gym rematches have been consistently in the series since.
You're kidding right?
Rematches are the most inconsistent thing in this series especially when it comes to Gym Leaders.
>>
>>27371079
>Emerald, HGSS, Platinum, BW2, XY
A remake like ORAS, a third version, and a sequel all had them, there was literally no reason not to have them in ORAS when Emerald even had teams for the leaders.
>>
>>27371079
Games with any form of gym rematches:
Emerald
Platinum
HGSS
BW2
XY

Half of them I didn't know about until I looked up 'rematch' on bulbapedia.
>>
>>27371235
>>27371160
>XY
>Black and White 2
>rematches
>teams are either worse than their originals or have less pokemon

Also
>bulbapedia
And notice how there's no consistency there and there's always a gap between games?
>>
>>27371160
Agreed, all the 'special' ones had them, basically. XY was the first non-special one to have it, and then the remakes that came after it didn't have it. Maybe GF is trying to b ~unpredictable~ just like how there was no Z.
The rematches happened in different ways in every game, too. Only in Emerald were they rematched in their actual gym.
>>
>>27371002
>The plot was different, but that had no affect on actual gameplay elements.
Trainers have different teams. The story plays differently. You fight 2 teams instead of one. A fuckton of new places to explore. And more.

Crystal?
Reskinned a few places and added a character with a pathetic team that you fight once and that leads to a casualized legendary capture, and he has like 15 lines total and if you removed him from the story nothing would change, and added shit like Buena's password. That's it.
>>
>>27370344
It isn't a remake, it's a direct sequel to BW1. You get Reshiram or Zekrom in BW1, then get the opposite one along with Kyurem in BW2. I recommend giving them a try, as they are definitely some of the best games.
>>
>>27369501
BW2 hands down.
>>
>>27372058
You battle more trainers, but that has nothing to do with what's being complained about. The new places to explore were just two one room caves to grab Groudon and Kyogre in, a new part of the Safari Zone, and the Battle Frontier. Of those, the Frontier is the only notable one.
>>
>>27369501
BW2 will always be better.
ORAS is an absolute failure, you can cry about how Battle Frontier is insignificant to you all you like, but it won't make ORAS any better of a game.
>>
>>27373915
>I'm asking people who are NOT horrendously biased against ORAS and in favor of B2W2
Should have specified "in general" and not just because of "muh battle facilities".
>>
The ease of trade and battling are Gen 6's strong points so far that blow every other Gen out of the water. Unfortunately, the in-game content for single player is terribly lacking in comparison to the older games.

I prefer the new ones...cause I don't have as much time to play Pokemon as before, but I'd still like it if they actually fleshed out the damn Single Player like they used to. Feels lazy.
>>
>>27373955
This post accurately fits my thoughts on the current vs old games. I would add that the older games (particularly RSE, FRLG, and BW2) are more fun for replayability.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.