[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is their fucking problem?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 16

File: smogon.png (41KB, 150x159px) Image search: [Google]
smogon.png
41KB, 150x159px
What is their fucking problem?
>>
They play pokemon.
>>
>>27365467
Go away Verlisify.
>>
>>27365467

Trying too hard to control a format that official venues don't give a fuck about.
>>
fuck those people for actually trying to have fun with pokemon instead of sticking with vgc's flawed ass ruleset!
>>
File: 1467344434721.png (148KB, 2500x1645px) Image search: [Google]
1467344434721.png
148KB, 2500x1645px
>>27365467
Autists on /vp/ who insist in beating the dead horse that is this discussion, despite it always being:

>Genies REEEEEEEE
>muh teirs
>muh evasion
>why can't i use X when smogon says it bad ;~;
>"smogon's precious stall"
>sub 1000 shitters speaking like they are gospel
>official tourament top 16 team rosters are fucking identical as shit
>why isn't Z banned?
>Why is Y banned?
>shitposting
>samefagging
>pedophiles
>well formulated and articulate posts that get no replies
>(you)

I think I covered all the bases, feel free to add more if I forgot any.
>>
I'm not too fond of their users that are 100% obsessed with competitive to the point of not caring about anything else Pokémon related, but I think what they're doing is a good thing.
>>
>>27365515

>VGC's falwed ass ruleset

Because Smogon has always solved their issues with their precious rules

>The ENTIRETY of gen 5
>>
They don't have a problem, kiddies like you do.

It's just a group of people that like competitive pokemon battling, but seeing that this game is very unbalanced they try to balance the game so more pokemon can be usable. The reason they are popular is because a lot of people agree with their philosophy and there aren't many other groups that balance the game as well as smogon does.

No one is forcing you to play by their rules, but a lot of the people that play online want to play by their rules because they're one fairest we have.
>>
>>27365558
No one's saying that. They're saying they'd prefer to shosh through a dirty river of questionable chemical content than wade through the endless fields of lava that is VGC. Neither is pleasant, though only one is going to cause your death with certainty.
>>
>>27365497
This

Its not like you're obligated to play it
>>
>>27365594
Hell, their sim has the ability to play with current VGC rules.
>>
Problem is they try to balance 6v6, which is inherently not balanced. Pokemon are made/balanced for 3v3 or doubles, so 6v6 is bullshit without massive banlists, which smogon tries. This in turn pisses people off.

They do seem to hate the randomness of pokemon more then they need to, but its hardly a big deal. Being the only decent 6v6 meta will bring hate no matter what.
>>
>>27365472

Tripfag, the beauty of anonymous Taiwanese cartoon bulletin boards is that content and ideas are emphasised over the cult of personality. Why do you feel the need to trip?
>>
>>27365801
That's Brett. He's an underage faggot. Just filter the tripcode. He never changes that and never contributes anything at all.
>>
>>27365801
He's a shitposter. Ignore and he will go away. You replying to him is just as bad as him actually posting
>>
>>27365783
Pokemon is not balanced at all and they only really hate the unnecessary randomness like evasion.
>>
Smogon keeps to themselves. They coded their own sim, stick to their own servers, and their own forums. The better question is, why do non-smogonfags give a shit what smogon does?
>>
File: 194u1q1coaj8apng.png (36KB, 800x450px)
194u1q1coaj8apng.png
36KB, 800x450px
>>27365801
If there's anything beautiful about nondescript Laos puppetry manufacturing stations then it wore out its welcome years ago.
>>
>>27365783
>Pokemon are made/balanced for 3v3 or doubles
bullshit, there's nothing balanced about VGC ruleset, every team has the same overpowered shits. How is it balance when there's a handful of pokemon that make everything else irrelevant?
>>
>>27365544
I forgot that the moderators are literal and actual pedophiles that protect themselves like Bulbapedia does. What happened to that one guy from Smogon that got exposed as one a year ago?
>>
>>27365846
They blame smogon for tiering their favourite shitmon in PU.
>>
>>27365864
HAUNTER

DID

NOTHING

WRONG

FREE MY NIGGA HAUNTER HE WAS A GOOD BOY
>>
>>27365544
>>27365864
>>27365869
So they're confirmed pedophiles. kek
>>
>>27365704
It's a token gesture at best- Smogon's """""atempt"""""" at promoting VGC is laughable. Tournament directors make no effort to to increase prize support for the meager VGC tournies they do hold, despite VGC being literally and objectively the premier way to play pokemon cmopetitively. But who can blame them? Smogonites are indoctrinated since birth to hate VGC. Several staff members openly shit on it while favoring smogon's tiers, and liking it gets you labeled a "nigger bridger" in their skype calls. Arceus only knows why they stick to their fundamentalist singles-only mentality, but it's cearly holding the competive community back from embracing gamefreak's vision. Thankfully at least nugget bridge has realized thie way forward, but until smogon follows suit (and I mean actually follows suit, not their current half-assed attempt) they deserve all the shit they get.
>>
>>27365467
>>
>>27365900
Double Battles suck
>>
>>27365900
>Arceus only knows
>>
>>27365467
You know what's sad? The most outspoken anit-smogon representative is an autistic furry. That's pretty much the reason why nobody thinks anti-smogs have any valid arguments.
>>
File: 1468310159019.png (66KB, 233x232px)
1468310159019.png
66KB, 233x232px
>>27365900
>Arceus only knows
>>
>>27365846
I can answer this. There is (or at least was) a vocal minority that tried to force smogon rules on others. These tend to be the shitters with copy pasted ou teams. Point being, there are two vocal minorities fighting each other and making everyone marginally involved look like asshats.
>>
>>27365900
>Arceus only knows
>>
File: 1397001011634.png (34KB, 444x424px) Image search: [Google]
1397001011634.png
34KB, 444x424px
>>27365900
>Arceus only knows
>>
>>27365472
Fuck off tripfag
>>
>>27365920
>>27365939
>>27365946
>>27365962
>>27365969
>>27365976
Yeah that's about the level of discourse I've grown to expect from smogonites
>>
>>27365965
This desu. People forcing smog-rules in friendlies and non-smog represented competitions.

I don't even mind, but let me know in advanced before you get butt-hurt about me bringing greninja to a battle. I'm sorry. I'll box it in the next battle if that makes you feel better.
>>
>>27365986
Bitch, fuck off. I'm on your side of the argument. But the autism was too grand to ignore.
>>
>>27365986
>Posts autistic shit
>gets called on autism
>Aha, I have trapped you!
>>
>>27365900
>being literally and objectively the premier way to play pokemon cmopetitively.
Except it isn't. Nintendo sponsored doesn't mean shit. The way to play Pokemon competitively correctly in an objective sense is the way that you want to.
>>
whats Smogon and why do people hate it?
>>
>>27365986
I'm just here to remind all the people from reddit/gamefaqs/tumblr to stop using their autismic lingo here and shit up the board even more.
>>
>>27366008
I laid it out >>27365900 here.
>>
>>27365914
This meme will never not annoy me.
Are they busting down your doors and forcing you at gunpoint to play their tiers?
>>
>>27366102
Well, considering everytime I bring "Banned" strategies to friendlies, I get my shit verbally kicked in....
>>
>>27365556
Yep competitive needs SOME kind of front
>>
>>27366116
Maybe you should try discussing which ruleset you are using before hand.
>>
>>27365900
But VGC is garbage compared to any smogon tier and Gamefreak promoting a way of battling has nothing to do with if it is objectively better or not.

VGC is just the same 10, maybe 12 if I am generous, pokemon smashed into a team with very similar sets, in most serious VGC tourns. On Smogon, there is a LOT more variety present on the ladder. They clearly improve it.
>>
>>27366082
A bunch of people who set up a rule system seperate from VGC. Basically, pokemon are proken up into "tiers" which basically just says you can't use pokemon above a certain tier in a match. Your shitmons are in PU, your near shitmons are in NU, ect.
On top of that, they ban a number of "randomizing" factors, mostly evasion, but also a few things like Swagger, and Baton Passing more than a certain number of stat buffs, depending on tier.

They get hate for allegedly favoring stall, for banning a few pokemon out of OU, the main tier, for sorting your bro into NU/PU, and for not sucking Nintendo's dick quite hard enough. They also get a bad rap for the occasional fedora-tipper who disconnects the second the word "Double Team" appears on-screen.
>>
>>27366093
Not that guy, most people who use smogon enjoy 6v6 more. It's not weird that it gets more support. I'll give you that scrubs and some of their leaders are pricks, but crying about them not supporting it as much as the competitive mode that is pretty much their staple is retarded.

Just because you like it much, doesn't mean everyone needs to have the same viewpoint.
>>
>>27365865
>They blame smogon for tiering their favourite shitmon in PU.
No one gets mad at smogon for that, they can only blame whatever pokemon they like for its lack of usefulness in competitive play.
They hate when they want to use their favorite Pokémon, but some autist from smogon scolds them for being out of the tier
>>
>>27366149
I guess I would feel pretty insulted if someone challenged me to a battle and then brought Farfetch'd and Dunsparce.
>>
>>27366167
What if they won the battle? Would you still feel insulted?

>NB4 I'm too good to let that happen.
>>
>>27366074
>Except it isn't.

I forgot how much prize money you get for playing a simulator instead of the actual game.
>>
>>27366175
I'm too good to let that happen
>>
>>27366175
Yeah, probably would still feel insulted that they thought so little of me that they could have brought them in the first place.
>>
>>27366184
>Because money is what defines a good competitive meta-game.

Well...it does if it's a pay-to-win game...but I digress.
>>
>>27366195
Maybe you shouldn't feel salty about them bringing shit-mons to a friendlies. Maybe it wasn't to belittle you, but rather to see if THEY could pull it off.

I personally don't bring shit-mons to belittle anyone. I do it to see how well I can preform with them. It's a self imposed challenge.
>>
>>27366227
I bring Shedinja everywhere, myself. I think Sheddy might be a special case, though.
>>
>>27366102
I don't get it either.

I do rating battles on my 3DS where you're meant to play pokemon all the time.
>>
>>27365998
>>27365965
Agreed on both, however I think the "minority" thing is a bit of a joke. Most of the online fanbase know about smogon etc, and most of them tend to look up where their favourites sit competitively. Even if most of these people aren't 100% with the smogon dictatorship/rules etc, there is definitely more than just a marginal impact overall on the players. My friends often refer to things as "OU" and "Uber" even though they just check smogon, they use their rules, their justification for using/not using things - sometimes in an extremely hypocritical fashion too.

Smogon does in fact ruin friendlies, not only does it tell people exactly how to structure an entire team, it also tells them which individuals are more suited to each job. Essentially it causes a lot of people to just use things to win rather than having a team of 6 genuinely liked pokemon. Now I know that's autistic, like yeah you shouldn't be a karenfag in competitive battling but like... What's the point? We just end up seeing the same shit over and over, remember the tyranny of ferrothorn and rotom? I mean fucking seriously, every single team. Who was to blame for THAT? You guessed it, Smogon.
>>
>>27365467
They're pretty much the same as the smash community. They remove and ban certain things to try and promote a more balanced and "fun" metagame. Even if i disagree with alot of Smogon's policies, placements, and rulings, it is opt-in after all. No one is forcing anyone to play by their rules.

It would be interesting if someone, even the pokemon company itself, came up with a single 's league that competed with Smogon so we could have some ruleset variety.
>>
File: sparce.gif (32KB, 266x200px) Image search: [Google]
sparce.gif
32KB, 266x200px
Ok guys, riddle me this.
Was Smogon founded by Germans?
Why aren't they called Koffing University?

Always been wondering about that.
>>
>>27365472
a l o m o m o l a
>>
Can we all agree that evasion is bullshit though?
>>
File: more of brett.png (12KB, 612x172px) Image search: [Google]
more of brett.png
12KB, 612x172px
>>27365858
>>
>>27365467
What makes you think they have a problem, OP?
>>
>>27366806
As of right now, people are calculating which Pokemon are the best to use in Pokemon Go based on their max CP, HP, moves, and so forth. The game will always have mons that are slightly superior than most mons and thus most people will go after them, and this is applied to practiclaly every Pokemon game.

While Smogon is a place where such discussion takes place and whose userbase are what determines the usage of each mon, the fact that certain mons would be favored above others would always happen, with Smogon or not.
>>
>>27365914
I never understood it.

1. the rules are optional and you can play all kinds of rules on showdown

2. the rules of the game are less restrictive than Nintendo standards because BIG SURPRISE the game is imbalanced, without all of those clauses and restrictions, in VGC doubles, there are less than 15 viable pokemon. Look at the last tournament, it was a fucking mess, top 10 used what, like 10 different pokemon in total between their teams? Even Smogon OU has more diversity than that shit.
>>
>>27365467
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmni1JsYvTw

reminder this guy mods smogon and is looked up to
>>
>>27366806
Smogon is not telling people what is best, the game is telling people what is best and smogon is responding to it.
>>
>>27367475
I'll try playing devil advocate here: it isn't.
when it works, it nullifies damage, when it doesn't work, it was a waste of turn. there are ways to negate evasion (like oddor sleuth or haze) and it has other weak points (sure hit moves, ohko moves aren't affected by evasion) its defesive tech thats quite the gamble, and less viable than actually raising def and spdef.
>>
>>27365467

They have a massive boner for gen 3 strategies (spikes) and love OP mons from that gen.

They ban 90% of mega evolutions, but worship all other held items like hypocrits.
>>
serious question, why dont they remove critical hits on the same basis as evasion?
>>
>>27367562

Because they're autistic and want the game played their way.
>>
File: 1467634252484.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1467634252484.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>27367536
>>27365858
>>
>>27367562
because crits are part of base game mechanics. if you want to avoid crits you need to alter the game mechanics themselves.
evasion is possible, but only after the player actively does something to increase it (else, the miss is from lack of accuracy rather than evasion)

>>27367576
http://dagobah.net/flash/Hot_Loli_riding_a_huge_cock.swf
>>
>>27367595
oh, so they should just remove moves and items that abuse critical hit use?
evasion clauses are bullshit
>>
>>27367595
So what part of that astute analysis required a tripcode and username? No, really. Why do I need to know which person said it? It's correct but it doesn't give it more weight. It makes it look like you want to be internet famous on 4chan, of all places. In a quest, or a thread in which posters need to be identified for the thread to be efficient (wifi gen, a giveaway thread), it's acceptable. Here, bitching about autists on a simulator, it's not relevant in the least.
>>
>>27367595
Ignore the shitposters

>>27367623
Get lost
>>
>>27367622
no retard

evasion turns into a luck based strategy. using items and strategies that abuse crit use does the opposite - sets like critdra guarantee critical hits. luck is removed from the equation.
>>
>>27367645
Fucking this.

Crits have a specific increase which can be boosted to 100% crits, that's not RNG
>>
>>27367552
>90% of mega evolution
Wow it's like 5 out of 44 not already uber
>>
>>27367552
Most mega evo's they banned deserved the ban,retard.
>>
>>27365467
(You) are
>>
>>27367562
Crits bypass stat changes so removing crits would make Stall even more fucking bullshit and entirely broken. Plus, crit chances can only be increased with a move that has a high crit chance (most of which are shit) or items like Scope Lens (which are shit competitively).

Evasion on the other hand has moves that can directly boost it like Double Team and Minimize. Just imagine playing against a Chansey that has 6 evasion boosts while you're trying and failing to Knock Off its Eviolite while it whittles away your health with Toxic and Seismic Toss

Tl:dr- Crits aren't centralizing, evasion is
>>
>>27367552

I'm just act as if I didn't see your last point because that isn't even mildly accurate. Also, if spikes are still good why wouldn't people still be using it?
>>
>>27367530
>looked up to
>mods a pokemon battle sim

Is that really how it works? I can't see that position earning anyone respect whether they act like children or not.
>>
>bans anything to do with Accuracy altering
>"because matches just come down to luck!"
>doesn't ban critical hits

I'm not the only one who sees this retardation am I?
>>
>>27370254
Nothing that alters accuracy is banned, it's boosting evasion that's banned. You can use Sand-Attack and Sweet Scent all you want.
>>
>>27370296
What about items that lower enemy accuracy, like lax incense?
>>
>>27370556
You can hold brightpowder if you so wish.
>>
>>27365783
How is 3v3 more balanced than 6v6?
>>
>>27365467
Their bans are retarded. I can agree with the divisions by usage statistics but prohibiting usage of certain abilities and moves is bullshit.
Also Verlisify is right.
>>
File: 1458187479335.png (14KB, 519x185px) Image search: [Google]
1458187479335.png
14KB, 519x185px
>>27365467
REMINDER - Zarel hates blacks!
>>
>>27370580
It's not. 6v6 is more balanced.

VGC is trash and Singles is a better format.
>>
>>27370668
But doubles require much more strategy.
>>
I'm a VGC/doubles guy, but I don't have a problem with Smogon for the most part, the community can be cunts, but that goes for basically anyone. I hate their mods though, the vocal minority that blindly shits on doubles, and the type who insist on ONLY playing 6v6 smogon singles rules all the time.
>>
>>27366195
>>27366167
kys and get off your high horse, if you seriously think I'm purposely bringing shitmons for the pure purpose of insulting you, you have issues.
>>
>>27367475
I personally don't mind the evasion clause, but the sleep and OHKO clauses are retarded.
>>
>people citing VGC 2016 as an example of how every single year is bad when it's one of the worst seasons easily and not even most VGC players like it
>>
>>27370697
This
>>
>>27370764
OHKO is to remove unnecessary luck based strategies and Sleep is a necessary thing to prevent sleep spamming and allowing non-grass types to be viable.
>>
They're still good for movesets though right?

Also is baton pass banned in proper tournaments (Nintendo ones)
>>
>>27370975
Probably not, it's just completely unviable in a doubles setting.
>>
>>27371025
Do people actually take doubles seriously? Ive honestly never cared for any of the modes besides singles, or found them very fun
>>
>>27365864
(citation needed)
also isnt it funny that the shitters on this board call others pedophiles and then jack it to bonnie :^)[/spoilers]
>>
>>27371055
The games and anime don't, but for some reason Game Freak does.
>>
>>27366084
you do realize that the word "discourse" has a meaning outside of tumlr, right?that its proper definition is how that guy is using it, right?
or did you drop out of eight grade because you were getting bullied for being a proto wizard? :^)
>>
>>27371072
t. haunter

>>27371055
I find it a lot more fun than the other formats personally, it just doesn't have as big a following since the games are mostly singles.
>>
>>27371178
i wish you could change default battle format in the options menu to 'doubles if possible'
>>
File: GetALoadOfThis.jpg (74KB, 511x428px) Image search: [Google]
GetALoadOfThis.jpg
74KB, 511x428px
>>27365900
>>
>>27365858
Shut the fuck up, loser
>>
File: 1370875334568.jpg (135KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1370875334568.jpg
135KB, 1280x1024px
>>27367623
>>27367633
>>27371397
>>
>>27371475
he's literally said that he'll stop posting when people stop responding
>>
File: vgc.png (450KB, 795x903px) Image search: [Google]
vgc.png
450KB, 795x903px
What is YOUR fucking problem, OP? Smogon isn't forcing its rules anywhere other than among its community. Meanwhile anti-Smogonfags go out of their way to shittalk Smogonfags.

Don't like it? Don't play it. Have fun battling the NPCs for all I care but Pokemon was designed for PvP from day one.

>>27371133
Game Freak cares more about Doubles because it's inherently more balanced, and with 3v3 it's much faster. 6v6 single battles take much longer than 4v4 Double Battles, especially with no restrictions in place.
>>
>>27365818
If they only hate the randomness of evasion, why did they ban swagger, Kings shield and maw
>>
>>27371475
You're as fucking stupid as tripfags, it doesn't matter if you respond to them or not they're going to continue to spread their cancerous shitposting all over the board
>>
>>27371502

and the usa winner had creselia, groudon, xerneias and something else
>>
>>27365846
Because most players of smog on try to force those rules outside their lane
>>
>>27371590
not most, but those who do do stand out.
>>
>>27371529
Swagger is luck based just like evasion.
Mega Mawile and Aegislash were banned from OU because they are too strong for that tier.
>>
>>27365467
Nothing. They just play by their own set of rules that they believe balances a game Nintendo has no interest balancing. It's not perfect but it's how they choose to play and you don't have to care
>>
>>27365467
Smogon is a necessary evil like an evil corparation secretly fighting the eldtrich abomination that is the VGC
Sure their rules are harsh and can even be unreasonable but if they ever disappeared the metagame would just be the big 6 every match
>>
>>27371536 (You)
>>
>>27366195
Work in your insecurities
>>
>>27367530
If Smogon players are so good why'd he lose to Corsola and Quilladin

Checkmate
>>
>>27365467
I don't think they have a problem, except maybe the game is moving in a direction that they were not prepared for?

I think they should throw a wrench in the system and structure things a little bit differently
>>
why the fuck did they ban salamence from UU? smogon are a bunch of niggers
>>
>>27365467
They like to play pokémon differently from you, which is apparently a problem.
>>
File: 1466874335532.jpg (208KB, 533x539px) Image search: [Google]
1466874335532.jpg
208KB, 533x539px
>>27366133
>Discuss ruleset and come to an agreement
>People will continuously subvert the rules until it degrades to Smogonfaggotry
>>
>>27372352
Then find better friends.
>>
the people on smogon are excessively unpleasant for no reason, the moderators think far too highly of themselves, and you cant really balance pokemon on a truly competitive level in a way that casual players will enjoy especially with the ladder system
>>
>>27371072
fapping to loli is completely different from being an actual pedo.
>>
>>27372242
There's actually a discussion going on right now about tiers suspecting stuff to quickly/randomly now.

Don't forget Smogon isn't one entity.
>>
I play both Smogon and VGC, and go to VGC events but I'll easily admit that Smogon has more enjoyable metagames available, or atleast it had basically since the introduction of the '16 VGC meta.

VGC will likely be more fun with the introduction of S/M though, because the Pokemon available will be more limited, which hilariously means the metagame will be more diverse.

It will then go to shit again when they eventually open up the busted legendaries for use.

People who claim VGC is straight up better than anything Smogon has to offer are being stupid because VGC goes through cycles of being really good to complete garbage.
>>
>ban things
>now you have to ban other things that were the best next thing
>it never ends

Fuck smogon
>>
>ban evasion
>dont ban critical hits

They are a bunch of retards. the whole thing is a fucking joke
>>
>>27373900
Good post
>>
>>27371502

Why don't people make anti-meta teams for VGC?
>>
File: vgc reorder.png (374KB, 616x2040px) Image search: [Google]
vgc reorder.png
374KB, 616x2040px
>>27374874
Sejun did.
There's not much you can do to counter P-Don And Friends.
Thread posts: 140
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.