[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Behold, the best mainline soundtrack.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

Behold, the best mainline soundtrack.
>>
>>27365365
No. Looking back, it had some 10/10 route themes, but besides that it was average at best.
>>
>>27365365
....said no one ever

It's not bad....? But it's so mediocre
>>
I can't wait for August 1st for a break from these types of shitty threads.
>>
File: 1platinum.jpg (987KB, 1540x1382px) Image search: [Google]
1platinum.jpg
987KB, 1540x1382px
sorry, wrong picture

>>27365431
why? what's happening august 1st?
>>
>>27365440
New S/M info.
>>
That's not bw2.

The only songs I like from XY was that snow town, the legend theme, E4/Champ, Flare/boss, and the power plant theme.
>>
>>27365516
>That's not bw2.
Well, that's because that would be the worst. Disgusting synth-pop garbage.
>>
I acutally was amazed at how good the route themes were in XY.
>>
>>27365402
The new soundfont really hurts the soundtrack. Pokemon has a distinct sound, and thnkfully ORAS/SM brought it back. Even in the old style a lot of the tracks' dynamics would be completely lost. For any other rpg it would be acceptable, even great in some portions, but for Pokemon it is totally subpar. Hest soundtrack is definitely B2W2. It adds like 10 or so new tracks that already elevate the greatness, and the pure hype out of the new battle themes is insane.
That rival battle theme.
That insane remix to the already insane plasma theme.
THAT MOTHERFUCKING I'M CUTE BUT WILL TRY TO KICK THE EVER LIVING SHIT OUT OF YOU CHAMPION IRIS THEME.
>>
>>27365576
Don't forget remixes of every previous gym leader/champion theme.
>>
>>27365615
Not gonna lie, Chqmpion Steven PWT>Champion Steven ORAS. Kept the trumpets mostly intact.
>>
>>27365693
ORAS 4/10 Not enough trumpets.
>>
Am I the only one who really liked Champion Iris's theme? Shit was dank.
>>
>>27365804
More like not the right sounding trumpets. At the very least Go was working on B2W2's soundtrack, so he must have had some access or whatwver to the RSE midi's that let the Champion theme in the PWT sound so close to the original. Meanwhile ORAS went back to Go's style, but it was still the XY sound team and whatever the fuck samples they were using which gave it such a weird sound. Which is also why when the original Ichinose arragbgements intercede the newer ones like in the primal battle theme, there is some dissonance between the two. In turn its why SM has me pumped for the music, its like they raided Ichinose's computers and found his Midis, or they actually got him back for the soundtrack.
>>
>>27366330
Well the only reason Go wasn't on Gen VI was he was masterminding Pocket Card Jockey which was a 2013~14 thing
>>
>>27365693
This is a joke, right? The PWT butchered every theme it incorporated. This being aside from the fact that the PWT was a lazy excuse for a postgame.
>>
The Gym Leader theme is amazing and several route themes and event themes are good too but there's a lot of utterly unremarkable music too

GS has the best music to me
>>
>>27366357
PWT is overrated but BW2 has a lot more than just the PWT
>>
>>27366346
Huh, didn't know that. SM with Ichinose will be glorious if that's the case, Gen 6 stays losing.
>>
>>27366357
Agree 2bh. Only remix I liked was the Sinnoh Gym Leader.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br6M_ebVw_g
>>
>>27366394
Well that is if he returned for Gen VII, it's why he wasn't on VI, but VII seems to have a lot of passing of the torch anyways in staff.

I hope he is back though.
>>
>>27365365
I love this bait. :P
>>
>>27365365
>Dubsted Gym Leader battle
no
>>
>>27368122
*Dubstep
Fix'd

I like Diantha's battle theme, tho
>>
>Mainline

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>27365365
Oops, excuse me.
>>
>>27365365
X/Y has the WORST music in the entire series.
>>
>>27365392
Champion and flare themes where the only good ones
>>
File: doo.jpg (52KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
doo.jpg
52KB, 540x405px
>>27365365
>Dat awful, awful gym battle theme

Best trainer battle theme since gen 2 though.
>>
>>27368253
That's R/B/Y, but that's only because of the hardware limitation and general musical sloppiness fucking wild battle mess of a "scale-climb" and decend. FR/LG was amazing because it utilized the power of the Roland SC-88 and the powerful melodic tunes found in Kanto.
>>
>>27365693
Colosseum > both

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIJECUio5cg
>>
>>27368409
How the hell is Colosseum's main soundtrack so devoid of life (bar Mirror B's theme obviously) but it's remixes are actually good?
>>
>>27368145
b/c Mystery Dungeon blows them all out of the water

>>27368445
Same thing comparing HG/SS to B/W. Building on an already strong melody should technically yield better results, but then we get crap like ORAS.
>>
>>27365365
It was remarkably average. I didn't hate it but it sounded very generic.

Like, Lumiose City, the bike theme, the Battle theme. All had a very "this is a standard RPG track" feel to them. I can't explain it but I certainly feel it.

>>27366330
This too. Something about the trumpets in ORAS felt very subdued
>>
>>27368358
I agree with both of these. Though SM's trainer theme already kicks both their asses
>>
>>27365576
>oras/sumo vrought it back
No, they use the XY instruments too
>>
>>27368631
well yes, but the SC-88 being so powerful that it is, kinda sets your expectations too high for actual instruments.
puu
.sh/ qf4YB/2b ff12ce6d. mp3
anyway. ignore the missing high notes as some VSTs don't have the capacity to reach that high
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.