[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Story time, /vp/.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 17

File: 1465410908223.jpg (202KB, 1024x1325px) Image search: [Google]
1465410908223.jpg
202KB, 1024x1325px
Post stories relating to Pokemon. Real, fake, sad, happy, doesn't matter. Reminisce.
>>
I-I can't remember any...
>>
>>27362103
>Just finished a run of Anything Goes at my local community theater
>Start up Fallout 3
>Barely know anything about the game, I just got it
>I thought that all I needed to explore was an assault rifle
>Just wandering around
>Hear gunshots
>Go into sneak mode and look around
>There's two raiders fighting each other, one is holed up in a shack of some sort
>Wait until one dies
>The survivor goes back into the shack
>Sneak up on her and kill her
>There's a radio in the shack
>It starts playing Anything Goes
>Look outside
>See the sun setting over the Capital Wasteland
>It looks amazing
>Just sit there, watching the sunset over a beautiful landscape, listening to Anything Goes

Feels good man
>>
>Playing Red version on a rainy day
>Battling Brock for the first time
>Charmander is out, so is Pidgey
>Didn't really understand the mechanics just yet
>Concentrate hard while listening to the rain
>"You can do it, Metapod!"
>Brocks Onix's HP is low
>I evolved this metapod from a Caterpie that knew tackle
>Somehow tackle it to death and win
>First gym leader defeated
>Watch the rain pour down the cul de sac
>Feel so happy and victorious
>Rain now makes me extremely happy

Pokemon is good shit
>>
File: Maggy.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Maggy.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Not much of a story, but it makes me feel nice.
>Recent playthrough of Firered
>Get to the daycare on Four Island
>See if any of my party members can breed, since I haven't bred anything just for shits and giggles before.
>The only ones who can are my Blastoise and my Marowak whom I spent hours finding a thick club for. Basically the two darlings of my team.
>Get all warm and fuzzy once the next generation of the team hatches.
>Figure I won't be able to use her for anything, so she'll just be a baby forever.
>Hyper Training is announced.
Just another thing that's hyping me up for SM. Bold nature kinda sucks, but I'm still gonna use the shit out of her. Hell, this will probably become a tradition from now on.
>>
I remember playing Stadium and Stadium 2 with my sisters all the time. So fucking fun. We loved the Lickitung and Metapod/Kakuna minigames, and the Eevee and Furret and Scyther/Pinsir ones in Stadium 2. Worst minigames to us was the Voltorb game (since older sis ALWAYS won, queen of button mashing) and the Mr. Mime one in Stadium 2). We had the rule of "no switching" (we also banned shielding in Smash Bros, lol) and we banned moves like Wrap and Fire Spin because the animations took forever and the other person wouldn't be able to move and it just wasn't fun. Smogon before it was cool. We'd pick six rental Pokémon while the other had her back turned so we wouldn't cheat. When it came to picking moves, we would flash the move screen as quickly as possible so the other person wouldn't see the set because that's cheating obviously. I hope another Stadium game comes out one day so kids of today can experience that joy.
>>
I once found a shiny Cacnea but I didn't have any PokeBalls.
>>
>>27363587
Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
File: 1389317615857.png (2MB, 881x1163px) Image search: [Google]
1389317615857.png
2MB, 881x1163px
>>27362103
your story is probably shit, i didn't bother reading the thread but thanks for the lanturn fanart. best fish
>>
Back when Pokemon Yellow came out and I played it for the first time (I was about seven years old, I didn't have any idea about how the mechanics work, very basic reading skills etc.), I caught an army of Lvl 2-6 Pidgeys to beat Brock, because my Pikachu didn't do any damage.
I somehow beat him and walked through the game only using a Pikachu and 5 Pidgeys.
I actually made it to Saffron City.
>>
File: Beautifly_Shiny_XY.gif (254KB, 81x83px) Image search: [Google]
Beautifly_Shiny_XY.gif
254KB, 81x83px
When I was younger, I played through Emerald and on my way through the Petalburg Woods I came upon a shiny Silcoon, my first shiny. Holy shit I said to myself, I caught it and trained it up to level 100, it kept on smashing down the Elite Four. That was my baby right there, named it SHINYFLY. I transferred it to my Diamond cartridge once I got to that point of the game and kept on smashing with that. For all of Gen V I lost my Diamond cartridge, shit was terrible. All of a sudden though I hear the news, ORAS gets revealed. Holy fucking shit. I can bring my first shiny up to the current gen. Only problem is that I don't have the cartridge. I look all over my house for a week until I find it in my bathroom, only problem is that it's in a bowl covered in liquid soap. Fuck, I say to myself, my first shiny is gone forever. I put it into my system and it works just perfectly and I couldn't be happier. I keep on crushing more and more Elite Four with it and it feels good to see it in all 3D.
>>
Mine's kind of basic but

>ORAS announcement
>Get nostalgic cos Gen III was the game I completed the Pokedex on and put hours into
>Look around my trunk of nostalgic memorabilia full of old shitty drawings and other odds and odd
>Find old worn Ruby Cart
>No GBA but got a GameCube with the Gameboy Player and still have the disc fuck yea
>Haven't played this shit years getting worried if it still works or not
>Cart is a bit knocked up and has dry battery but is still operable thanks Nintedium
>Hours of gameplay still logged in but remember the last time I used it was Pal Park so no Pokemon to play with besides one holding a mail
>Dusclops my favourite Pokemon
>Open mail and it says "Hey, There Nitwit"
>>
>>27363717
I'm happy for you and your slightly disjointed English, anon
>>
File: psyduck.jpg (995KB, 2689x4781px) Image search: [Google]
psyduck.jpg
995KB, 2689x4781px
this happened just moments ago

>decide to try to catch a shiny Psyduck for my friend because it's her favorite pokemon
>grab an oddish with sweet scent, look up route for psyduck hordes
>first horde I encounter, shiny Psyduck right in the middle

there she is, pic related
>>
>>27363953
>Careful nature
>Very finicky
This duck has OCD
>>
File: 1465269426115.png (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1465269426115.png
1MB, 2560x1440px
Bitter sweet story time.

Nearly three years ago, I dated my best friend. He was an artist, I drew as well, we both love Pokemon. Since meeting each other, we always had a thing for each other. When the time was finally right, we got together and stayed that way for a long time. He changed a lot. He's a very self loathing person. His constant hatred for himself turned into hatred for everyone else. He took his anger out on me, a lot. I was terrified of him. I finally left him after a real bad Christmas.
There's still something there for him, but it's mostly the kind of love you would feel for a best friend. I miss the person he was. That doesn't make me want to go back to him, but it does make me think about him and miss him every day, and every time I do something Pokemon related. He lurks /vp/. He sends me texts, but I can't bring myself to reply back, even though I miss him. I wonder which version of S/M he's going to get.
>>
>>27363953
Your friend is kinda ugly m8.
>>
>>27364165
Obsessive-Compulsive Duck.
>>
>>27365667
Look dumbass, he's clearly getting Moon.
>>
>>27365667
You should try not to dwell on him so much... Seems like he's got a lot of personal things he needs to work through that only he can come to terms with. If he does that's great and maybe you two can try again, but you shouldn't wait around for someone who may never be what he once was or who you hoped he would be. You owe it to yourself to find your own happiness and there's nothing selfish about that
>>
>Back when Emerald came out
>reach the Champion expecting to see Steven after playing Sapphire
>Get blindsided by Wallace
>really heated battle; finally down to our last ones
>Swampert vs Gyarados
>Gyarados spent the last few turns setting up Dragon Dance and taking out my other members
>Swampert comes out
>Gyarados used Hyper Beam!
>Watch the life bar rapidly deplete
>think it's the end
>it's not
>12 hp left
>Swampert uses his Ice Beam
>knocks Gyarados down from full to about 45-50%
>knew he has to recharge
>one last Ice Beam clutches the match

The cheesiest anime montage started flying through my head afterwards. Some crap like Swampert standing up after the attack saying "I refuse to lose!" Firing off two ice beams, the second one covered in those montage flashback moments of the whole adventure.
>>
>>27365667
>>27365842
Don't sugarcoat it. Just get over it. You can't help him and dwelling on it isn't helping you. To hell with the rest.
>>
>>27365852
Very nice desu~
>>
>>27363224
Lonely nature is the perfect nature for Cubone/Marowak. Gotta rebreed it anon.
>>
>>27363717
I... think I remember this post.

>>27364165
Most Psyduck do.

>>27365667
;~;
I know that feel all too well.
>>
File: honeynutfeelios.jpg (171KB, 940x786px) Image search: [Google]
honeynutfeelios.jpg
171KB, 940x786px
>>27362103
Originally posted this in a comfy thread, so here it is in image format.

Pokemon was a huge part of my childhood and those memories stick with me even now. Sometimes on quiet days, when I'm alone, I think back on all that this series used to mean to me, and I smile a little, because it's bittersweet to remember the simpler times when life wasn't banging down my door every morning.

Still, I'm happy for them, and happy to be here, as always. Have a good night, Anons.
>>
>>27362103
>Didn't own a single handheld until I was 13 when my grandmother gave me a DS to give me something to do while I was ill with salmonella
>Eventually bought a gameboy color off my friend for $20 that included a copy of pokemon blue and silver
>Never played pokemon in my life and barely knew any of them except from brief moments in my childhood when I saw the cartoon on saturday mornings
>Get hooked
>Get copies of ruby and emerald from some 6th grader going through that "ew pokemon" phase for a couple of yugioh cards that are pretty much worthless now.
>Get a copy of platinum from a friend
>In highschool I got "ew you still play pokemon?" at least twice despite playing it for less than 2 years at that point

Nothing too eventful, that was probably the most interesting story I have.

Also my first shiny was a Pidgey in silver 3 wild encounters in.
>>
File: 1468863358192.png (227KB, 674x807px) Image search: [Google]
1468863358192.png
227KB, 674x807px
>>27365957
When did the magic die, anon...
>>
>>27365957
That's nice. Did you have special objectives that equates to catching a Pokemon, like spotting a rare animal?
>>
>>27365842
I'd rather not try again. Part of myself, I feel, will always be with him, but the things he did will never allow me to fully trust him. Maybe as a friend.
>>
>>27366034
You need to stop thinking about it. It's unhealthy.
>>
>>27366052
You're right. I think it's the feeling of missing an old friend. I would rather move on than continue to wonder what he's doing right now.
>>
I remember the first time I ever saw a shiny pokemon. I was probably around twelve and didn't even know they existed at that point, but one of my cousins swore his friend had a blue voltorb in his ruby game. My siblings, other cousins, and I didn't believe him and pestered him enough that he traded with his friend to get this blue voltorb to show us at our next family get-together. The next time we all met up, we crowded around him, at least five of us, looking over his shoulder at his gba while he went into his box to show us this blue voltorb. It was pretty amazing seeing it for the first time, that there was something like that in the game that none of us had ever even seen before. I remember us testing to see if it kept the blue color when it evolved, and how my cousin saved just before he did it because we were afraid it would turn into a regular red electrode.
I kinda miss that child-like wonder pokemon used to bring.
>>
>playing my older brother's copy of Pearl
> wandering aimlessly searching for the mansion with the pikachu garden
>suddenly Shiny Staravia
>shimmer and slightly gold-brown
>show my both older bros out of curiosity
>immediate praise and tell me to catch it
>I catch it with ease
>becomes staple on team, first shiny ever

---

>battle with older brothers once we both finish a gym to see who was better
>constant trading and drawing in the wi-fi room
>discovering the power of the DSTT card young and playing Mario Party with everyone on DS download
>everyone had fun for free because of the card

I miss those comfy days where you could be with your family without any stress. Pokemon is really better with other people and I hope its recent popular will bring back those days. I still regret transferring my Staravia to Pokemon Revolution to this day
>>
>>27366067
Everybody misses someone. Life goes on. A man's problems are something he can only overcome on his own. Live your life and pray he becomes a better person. That's all you can do.
>>
>>27362286
Lasting stuff builds good futures anon
>>
>>27365982
I want to know too, Anon. I won't bother you my life story here, but things weren't the best at home for me growing up. Sometime after shit really hit the fan, after my friend and I had to move away from one another -- sometime then the magic died for me, and I stopped believing in things. I don't know when it happened for you, but I understand all the same the bit of loss it leaves behind.

I still wonder about my friend. I hope he's okay -- last I heard he's married and with his own trainers to bring up in the world, so I'd like to think he is.

>>27365990
No, but that's brilliant and I wish we would have thought of that. On the other hand most of the less-common animals out here would be "things to run away from very fast" so perhaps it's for the best.
>>
File: 1469517808025.png (368KB, 809x490px) Image search: [Google]
1469517808025.png
368KB, 809x490px
>>27366199
It's not too late to bring back the magic, right...?
>>
File: 1468015386765.gif (491KB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
1468015386765.gif
491KB, 460x345px
>>27362103
>be with your family

My first fantasy with a Pokegirl was that May would come be my sister.
>>
>>27366496 (me)
Shit, meant to quote >>27366129 up top.
>>
File: patpatpat.gif (402KB, 500x341px) Image search: [Google]
patpatpat.gif
402KB, 500x341px
>>27366461
I don't think so. I think it's always okay to keep a spark of belief in your heart.
>>
File: 7446302_orig.gif (874KB, 500x284px) Image search: [Google]
7446302_orig.gif
874KB, 500x284px
>>27366574
Let's do it, anon.
>>
>>27366199
>>27366461
At least you guys were able to experience that, neither I or anyone else I was friends with growing up played pokemon, I always feel like I missed out big.
>>
File: shake on it.gif (474KB, 500x307px) Image search: [Google]
shake on it.gif
474KB, 500x307px
>>27366634
It's never too late. I wish you well on your journey, fellow trainer!

>>27366689
It's alright Anon, you aren't the only one. I have friends who are just now getting to experience a taste of what Pokemania was like back in the day with the attention Go's brought, because they were never into the franchise back then for whatever reasons they had. Your experience will be different, but it's never to late to forge memories of your own to look back on. My friends and I used to go in the woods to look for Pokemon, and around town -- now you can actually go find them, and part of me still kind of marvels at that. I think past me would be very happy to know that we live in that kind of world.

Night anons. I should have been to bed hours ago, but I got sidetracked with old memories. I hope this thread will still be here in the morning. Take care!
>>
File: Solana_anime.png (143KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Solana_anime.png
143KB, 320x240px
>be me
>nuzlocking Emerald
>Get to Slateport, not doing so hot, but have my Combusken and my Tailow and 2 badges in tow
>Go north to catch next Pokemon
>I desperately need a good Pokemon
>Fucking Plusle, named it Mr. Positive, resolved to box it as soon as possible.
>I wipe my team on a few lucky crits from trainers near Wattson, except
>Fucking Plusle
>...
>About to declare my run a bust, but decide to give Plusle a try.
>Proceeds to beat Wattson and Flannery nearly single handedly
>Take Mr. Positive with me all the way to the E4 and HoF.

That's how I found my shouldermon. He will forever be my eternal bro.
>>
>>27366905
That warmed my heart anon, I'm happy for you. Nuzlockes are magical in their ability to make you care for Pokemon you originally discarded as shitmon. I still marvel sometimes that one of my top-tier bros is Swalot of all things, but after that beautiful purple bastard carried me through some tough spots and even made it to the postgame, I can't deny that it'll always have a place in my heart now.
>>
>>27367326
Meant to add an image, somehow forgot. A+
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.