[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your honest opinion about Ash Greninja?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 12

File: image.jpg (53KB, 711x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 711x400px
What is your honest opinion about Ash Greninja?
>>
>>27361790
it looks like a democrat
>>
It's dumb to make it so powerful. I hope Ash loses so that he doesn't just win because he has THAT one Pokémon no one else has access to.
>>
It's shit.
>>
>>27361790
I want to hate it. It's my entire teenage Naruto phase condensed into a single Pokemon. Those were dark times.
But... I like it a lot.
>>
>>27361790
>ash loses because greninja faints
Gee, I wonder what to expect.
>>
>>27361790
I like it.
Then again I love watching the protagonist of a series completely godstomp things.
>>
Why is its head so big in this pic?
>>
>>27361790
i want him to fuck me with his big frog dick
>>
>>27361790
I like it because it's part of what makes Ash competent at last.
>>
>>27361790
Should never have been crated
>>
>>27361790
It's stupid, and reels in my suspension of disbelief when it becomes blatantly obvious that Ash-Greninja is exactly as powerful as the writers want it to be, and has a completely arbitrary weakness that means the writers can turn it off without ever actually showing its limits.
>>
>>27361921
That is some deviant art autism shit right there. I also enjoy watching the antagonist of the series completely obliterate the protagonist.
>>
>>27361790
The sooner it fucks off forever, the better. They've fucking made Greninja the new Lucario with this thing and >>27361964 pinpoints all of its shitty aspects apart from the fact it looks like an edgy DeviantArt edit.
>>
>>27361790
I don't know what this is but I nearly threw up a little.
>>
>>27362005
>implying lucario is a bad thing
>>
I love hypey music using the opening or closing songs, so it's great, I hope it gets just as hypey in the game
>>
>>27362005
>ImplyingGreninja wasnt the new Lucario already

>>27362108
Fur fag detected
>>
>>27361790
I'm indifferent.
>>
>>27362153
Furfag here. Even we are tired of Lucariofags.
>>
It's fucking awesome
>>
>>27361790
Cringe inducing.
>>
>>27362005
>edgy
>DeviantArt

shorthand for "I don't have a legitimate criticism"
>>
>>27361790
it was a mistake without a doubt
>>
>>27361790
I do not like it.
>>
File: 1468895055731.png (56KB, 393x500px) Image search: [Google]
1468895055731.png
56KB, 393x500px
Silly but cool. Silly because it's ash and greninja combined when no one else has ever had access to synchro evolution to our knowledge. And cool because it's very japanese, America would never do this.
7 and a half outta 10.
>>
>>27361790
It's cheap but it made me appreciate Greninja's design. People who say it's cringy don't know what that word means and should kill themselves asap.
>>
>>27362426
>People who say it's cringy don't know what that word means and should kill themselves asap.
Only a 10 year old kids would like that silly transformation
>>
Makes Ash competent.

Added a thrilling heartbeat element to pkmn battles, where you can directly see Ash's blood pumping

Encourages slick animation

Is unique to Ash, someone fully deserving after all the shit he's done. Emphasizes Ash's ideals in a decent manner.

Is the only thing making Ash winning a league feasible. No one should want anything other than that. That's the only real reason to keep wanting to watch the anime in this day and age. In other words, it's nothing but a good thing for casual watchers of the show. Anyone who feels differently doesn't watch the show anymore or watches it with such extreme autism that their opinion garbage anyway, such as "too op!!""
>>
>>27362493
never said you couldn't dislike it
>>
>>27362503
>Is the only thing making Ash winning a league feasible.

Or, y'know, they could have shown how after years of training and effort, he assembles a team of his most elite pokemon have become strong enough to finally take a league, like everyone else does, thus proving that throughout his ears, he has actually been progressing as a trainer. But no, you're right, getting a completely overpowered gimmick dumped into his lap for no reason is much more believable.
>>
>>27361790
I wish they didn't have to put Ash's design elements onto Greninja and make it into a Mega in all but name.
>>
>>27362630
Yeah, it's entirely believable if you aren't an autist drowning in commercial tactics you should have picked up on over a decade ago.

Somehow you think it's more feasible that the writers would give Ash an entirely competent team and have him win "just because he got good" rather than them having him win to promote and hype up an entirely new mechanic exclusive to him.

See:
>Anyone who feels differently doesn't watch the show anymore or watches it with such extreme autism that their opinion garbage anyway, such as "too op!!""
>>
>>27362630
XYZ is focuses entirely on the Pokemon he has caught and has been training in Kalos, and the point of the series is that he can be competent without having to bring any of his past mons back. Bringing any of them back would feel like a dumb asspull, since the writers have made the series in a way in which it can stand on its own without having to rely on what Ash has done in other regions.
>>
>>27361790
Poor mega evolution cop out. I don't know why they didn't give him a mega ring, considering megas are here to stay.
>>
It's neat

I don't get why people have to go apeshit over fucking anime

It's fucking anime

it's supposed to do over the top shit like this
>>
>>27363410
It's supposed to be a 30 minute commercial for the games. Unless they decide to make Pokemon ReBurst canon in SM they aren't advertising the games.
>>
>>27363468
The anime's obligation to the games is to show off the new Pokemon and roughly follow the same path. That has been done, so it can do its own thing. Or is the fact that each region has more than 8 gyms and anime-exclusive rivals triggering you too?
>>
>>27361790
It alright.
>>
Its whole schtick was done back in the third series of Digimon. Except they were battling a Lovecraftian jell-o mold that planned to consume and delete the planet, whereas Ash's stakes are... what, exactly?
>>
>>27361790
Calling it synchro makes me feel nostalgic for Megaman Battle Network
>>
>>27361790
Fake and gay.
>>
>>27364414
He might lost a match.
>>
I like the concept and want to see it brought to the games with customization and a wide variety of Pokemon support
>>
File: 1463011337916.png (159KB, 1012x648px) Image search: [Google]
1463011337916.png
159KB, 1012x648px
>>27364771
>>
>>27363321
This.
If this mechanic doesn't make it into the games, it just gives Ash a Mega Evolution option while still retaining the trend of having only having Pokemon from the same generation.

FFS, he has four other benched Pokemon that can Mega Evolve (six if you count the NFEs), or he could've gotten an older-gen Pokemon in Kalos that could, but the writers decided against it.
>>
>>27361790
Ruined everything about a cool ninja frog idea in favor of "giant ninja shuriken power-up gooby-wooby attack." The whole premise of it being a special snowflake mega only it's not a mega is terrible writing, and a terrible way to give Ash a shot at winning. Was really simply having a decent team and tactics and turning into a decent trainer in Kalos not enough? Did they have to pile this steaming turd on top of what could have been an interesting finale? It turned Froakie from a disobedient mon who joined Ash out of his love for Pokemon and inspiring attitude into "muh protagonist chosen one" and "muh once every 3000 years speshul Greninja chooses the user" shit.

Also, frogs shouldn't have sideburns.
>>
>>27365655
Ash obtaining a legendary wouldn't be as big of an asspull as Ash-Greninja. Getting a legendary requires grit, skill, and determination, and an exceptionally skilled trainer, and would have showcased Ash's growth as a trainer much better than giving him some random "3000 year prophecy" anime-only form that ultimately has no weight.
>>
>>27361790
If they had just called it mega or synchro greninja or anything but 'ash' greninja and got rid of those fucking sideburns I would love it.
>>
>>27364472
You shouldn't be nostalgic for that series. Instead you should be replaying it right now because they're too goddamn good to merely reminisce about.
>>
Anyone who doesn't realize Ash-Greninja is a huge marketing strategy for a new feature in SM is a fucking moron.
>>
>>27361821
Just like a Mega, right? :^)
>>
>>27361790
I hate it. It hogs too much of the spotlight, the other pokemon are forced to be jobbers.
>>
I don't mind it, but the design is meh. Regardless, the drama between Greninja and Ash is what attracted me to the show and Greninja
>>
File: 1465236377680.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1465236377680.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>27361790

I love it.

After years and years of picking the least popular starter I finally get to not be bitter about my starter being the loser.

Feels fucking great.
>>
>>27365956
What the fuck would the feature even be? Mega-stoneless mega evolution? Why even introduce megas stones in the first place then?
>>
There's literally nothing wrong with a Mary Sue
>>
>>27361790
at least its not burst heart fusion/10
>>
>>27366318
synchro you fucking utter retard
>>
>>27366350
And what is synchro you fucking utter retard?
>>
>>27366352

>Not knowing what synchro means
>Calling other people retards

I don't think he's the retarded one here.
>>
>>27361790
It's one of those times where I so incredibly loathe something in Pokemon that I don't even feel anything when I'm reminded of it. It exists, it's stupid, but thankfully it's getting left at Oak's farm.
>>
>>27366366
try and understand the context clues of the conversation, person who is completely and totally not >>27366350.

I'm asking you to give me a definition of synchro that doesn't make it sound like a mega-stoneless mega evolution.
>>
File: Dumbass.png (12KB, 870x127px) Image search: [Google]
Dumbass.png
12KB, 870x127px
>>27366390

First off dumbass, we're not the same.

Second off synchro's entire definition makes them different.

Though the game implies a strong bond is needed for a mega evolution, the transformation is triggered by a stone and is fully on the Pokemon.

Synchro, short for synchronized, would mean you'd probably need a high friendship. The trainer and the Pokemon are in perfect sync and are literally one. The trainer feels damage like the Pokemon, the trainer moves with the Pokemon. Something you don't see for mega evolution.

I really don't think it'd be in the games myself but the difference in what that anon is saying is pretty fucking clear by just looking at Ash and Greninja vs how a Mega evolution works.
>>
>>27366390
Shoot yourself, I am not the same person. I cannot help it that you are too much of an underage retard or an actual retard to know what synchro means.

If you think "combines with trainer" with "draws on temporary power to reach a new evolution" are the same, you are stupid as fuck. Those aren't even THE definitions, just ones I lightly threw together.
>>
>>27362630
Most of his Pokemon have gone toe to toe with Legendaries and half have defeated Megan's (including Hawlucha) and it also took him most of XY&Z to learn how to control Synchro which he couldn't even use until he bonded with and trained his Froakie into Greninja through many perilous situations, this after traveling through six regions and the orange islands with various other Pokemon and humans gaining experience as a veteran trainer that a rare few ever get, and people are seriously saying that Ash is getting to the finals and possibly winning purely due to Synchro and that Synchro was handed to him on a silver platter?
>>
>>27365713
And him achieving the pinnacle of a Pokemons evolutionary process after training it with blood and tears from it's weakest form and not being able to properly use that power after like 30 episodes is just having it handed to him with no effort on his part?
>>
>>27366500
>>27366528

I have to wonder.

If Charizard or Sceptile had returned for the rest of the season with their mega evolutions and Ash spammed them would people be as upset?
>>
>>27366543
Probably not, because Mega Evolution is a thing that literally everyone else is doing.

If Charizard came back, Mega evolved, and swept the Unova league, we'd be just as upset because it would still be bullshit special snowflake powers nobody else has.
>>
>>27361790
Stupid garbage and I hope whoever thought it up commits sudoku.
>>
>>27361790
Not a fan. I want it to be crushed and none of this fainting bullshit but straight up beaten. Doesn't look like it's happening.
>>
File: absolutely disgusting.jpg (24KB, 273x448px) Image search: [Google]
absolutely disgusting.jpg
24KB, 273x448px
>>27361790
>pic related
And let's be honest here, as much as I hate having a Water/Dark/Plot Armor type Pokemon in the series, if synchro evolution absolutely HAD to be a thing shouldn't it be Ash Pikachu instead?
>>
>>27366713
I get the feeling if synchro is a thing, they've designed it specifically so that it doesn't interfere with something that already has an evolution. So, instead of getting a form change, Pika unleashes this new move business. In fact, there's implications that they may have been misdiagnosing things in the past. He isn't being overcharged, the bond is making him more powerful than normal.
>>
>>27361790
It's proof that the ashnime is a disgusting zombie and must be put down
>>
File: 1437928360566.webm (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1437928360566.webm
3MB, 480x270px
>>27366713

In the same episode that Ash mastered synchro, Pikachu faced Team Rocket alone and couldn't hurt them with Thunderbolt. Then when Ash commanded him, Thunderbolt blew through all of TR's attacks and blasted them off.

Ash has this bond with all of his Pokemon. It just manifests as a forme change in Greninja.
>>
>>27367824
That's a very valid point, i hadnt heard that before. Although whats the anime's explanation for Greninja recieving this ability and not Pikachu? I heard it defined as the pokemon and the trainer being perfectly in synch. Is there a reason why Greninja is more in sycnh with Ash than any other pokemon, especially Pikachu?
>>
>>27367844

They don't really explain why, it's just unique to certain Greninja. Possibly some mutation of Protean.
>>
>>27361790
narutoad
>>
>>27361821
Just like if some asshole entered the championship out of nowhere and beat everyone with his full team of legendaries
>>
File: tobias.jpg (36KB, 452x256px) Image search: [Google]
tobias.jpg
36KB, 452x256px
>>27367921
>>
To be fair, that has long been an implication of the anime tournaments, at least since Johto. Why can't someone from another region show up with pokemon foreign to them, so they don't know how to deal with them? This is a slightly weak excuse, though, since all regions know about each other. The only reason you would have for not knowing it is you never looked it up.
>>
>>27367965
Actually, trainers have a harder time than you think dealing with pokemon they don't know about.

Ash actually used his shiny Noctowl on Conway during D/P and if I recall correctly it actually threw him off quite a bit.
>>
File: 1457704611816.jpg (121KB, 768x720px) Image search: [Google]
1457704611816.jpg
121KB, 768x720px
>muh friendship
Pretty much that alone. Design wise it's fine. Just Meh looking as the megas. The way it reaches that stage is stupid.
I'm getting more tired of Ash being the one when it comes to everything.
>>
>>27361790
>Ash finally receives an edge that might win him a league
>people hate it
>>
It creates a lot of butthurt so I like it. It'll be specially enjoyable when it shows up in the games.
>>
>>27366713
>>27367844
>>27367879
The writers don't want to use it in the later seasons.
>>
>>27366528
>after training it with blood and tears from it's weakest form
You mean like Ash has done with like half of his pokémon?

Despite having some issues with its trainers (like several other pokémon in the anime had) Ash's Froakie/Frogadier was a completely regular pokémon until XY&Z decided to make it "the chosen one" for marketing purposes.

And the whole "power that he was not able to use properly at first" thing was just there so the super speshful form didn't seem as much of an asspull as it could have been. Nevertheless, it still felt forced as fuck.
>>
File: 1469179903578.jpg (13KB, 218x330px) Image search: [Google]
1469179903578.jpg
13KB, 218x330px
it's a retarded addition the Japs added just to make Ash look coll and to force other people to like it as. Like one anon said, Ash has many other Pokemon that are fully capable of helping him win the league, like charizard or infernape, but no they just has to throw in some stupid shit OP toad to suddenly to make him stronger. Kind of pathetic on their end. but still Ash is "m-muh protagonist!!!!" and rules dont apply to him. thats why I stopped watching the shit anime, it stopped being good and they try to cover up all the shitty plots with "amazing art and scenery"
>>
>>27368083
>Its shit because I don't understand plot points made for elementary school kids!
>>
Haven't watched the anime since I was a kid... Ash is still around? Fucking hell
>>
>>27361790
I like narutoad
>>
>>27368061
>Source, my ass
>>
File: 1459198690558.png (128KB, 274x240px) Image search: [Google]
1459198690558.png
128KB, 274x240px
>ywn synchronize with your non-mega evolving starter
>>
>>27361790

I hope Ash finally wins the league and hookd up with the girl to finally end the series or at least have the series start with a new protagonist.
Now with the Polemon Hype restarted a new protagonist could also pull the viewers back. Make it like Yu-gi-oh Arc-V
>>
>>27368064

I dunno why people call it an asspull or get butthurt over this. It's basically just a Mega Evolution. If Ash had caught an old gen Pokemon and got a Mega Evolution for that instead would people be less butthurt? Of course it would be absolutely retarded because who wants to see Ash travel a new region with old gen Pokemon
>>
Then answers need to be given for why DP got all the old mon shilling for the league. AG got a whole mini-saga for it.
>>
>>27369237
See
>>27366576

Him having a mega, even a potential Mega Greninja who'd then be introduced in Sun/Moon, would not only be fine, but also fair, because everyone else has one, so it would simply put him in equal foot with his rivals.

The problem with this Synchro bullshit is how it is explicitly said and shown to go "beyong mega evolution" and to be something literally no one else besides Ash and some guy 1000 years ago can achieve.

They tried to hard to make it SUPER STRONG SPECIAL AND UNIQUE and it ended up feeling like an asspull, so some people disliked it.
>>
>>27369384

It's just his Mega Evolution replacement jesus christ.
You guys are autistic
>>
>>27369384
Yes, that's called destiny and being the protagonist of an anime. Ash is going to have this shit happen to him because it's happened tons of times over. It's super strong and special because Ash and Greninja are so in tune with one another that combined with their destiny to save Kalos, it leads to this form happening.

Ash and Pikachu are best friends, but Greninja and Ash are damn near the same person. You have a loner who starts their pokemon journey wanting to be the very best and doesn't end up with the partner that they thought they'd get. They have their ups and downs, but they get there. The work really hard and overcome great obstacles and personal failings but come out on top at the end.
>>
>>27361790

They should have just gone and given him a mega evolution instead of this ass pull.
>>
File: 1370305452294.png (343KB, 479x397px) Image search: [Google]
1370305452294.png
343KB, 479x397px
>>27369662
>Ash
>ever being a "loner"
>>
I think the answer lies within the choice to keep Megas separate from most of the anime by having a series of specials. The old mon shilling and Megas were consolidated, as Megas do the old mon shilling FOR them. I think some of the idea is that Megas were outside the scope of the regular anime, since they require a much higher level of skill to even accomplish. We would need an entirely different mentality than the person everyone is supposed to relate to. This idea falls apart at the point where Megas were to be re-integrated into the main series, as I'm sure that was always supposed to happen. They would need for Ash to participate in what is essentially a battle of Megas, and they were insistent on keeping that separate from him. I am uncertain on when they knew what, but S/M were in production right after they were done with X/Y. It may even be possible that they had the intention of expanding the mechanic, but were unable to due to time constraints on X/Y. Instead, the ideas went forward in S/M, and the anime proceeded with the information that things were going to change, and a solution was coming forth. They were allowed to implement it for XY&Z as the dumping ground for the things they were unable to fit in this generation, but were coming in the next, as a bridge between the two.

This is still somewhat unsettling for me because it would seem to say they threw away gen 6 on purpose to build up the 20th anniversary. This was the more important thing to them. Regardless, it's the only sense I can make. Megas and old mons were separated from the main anime on purpose, to be re-integrated when they could use their plans for the next generation, all to keep consistency.
>>
Why does Greninja get the special evolution when Pikachu has been at Ash's side for 20 years now? Talk about a kick in the teeth.
Thread posts: 103
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.