[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why do people HATE diamond and pearl again?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 5

File: 630x.jpg (156KB, 530x327px) Image search: [Google]
630x.jpg
156KB, 530x327px
why do people HATE diamond and pearl again?
>>
>>27360082
They are slow and Platinum does what they do, but better
>>
>>27360082
They were slow, mostly.
>>
You can't get Lucario early enough.
>>
The biggest flaw is they they're slow. Platinum fixed most of this but the ssue was still there.

Then there was the bad selection of Pokemon with everyone bringing up no fire mons. I honestly never noticed this. I forget if Platinum fixed it or not.
>>
Poor pokemon availability. Plenty of cross-generational evolutions (a d therefore a decent chunk of new pokemon) were unobtainable til post e-4. Slowwwwww. Too many HMs.

Still haven't brought myself to play it a second time.
>>
Well I don't who doesn't because I love it. Also in terms of Pokemons, it's the best gen
>>
>>27360125
http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/shinoudex.shtml

You'll notice that missing is Magnezone, Lickilicky, Rhyperior, Tangrowth, Electivire, Magmortar, Togekiss, Yanmega, Leafeon, Glaceon, Gliscor, Mamoswine, Porygon-Z, Gallade, Probopass, Dusknoir, and Froslass. All 4th gen Pokemon, all unobtainable til after you've beaten the Elite Four.
>>
>>27360082
not enough sea routes, shitty environment in general

inb4 muh snow route
>>
>>27360115
It did. It improved Pokemon distribution a lot by including all of the new Gen4 mons that should have been available pre-E4, along with a slew of other new Pokemon. Since you mentioned Fire types, Platinum nearly tripled the number of Fire-type evolutionary lines in Sinnoh that you can catch prior to the E4.
>>
>>27360082
framerate problems
poor selection of mons
>>
>>27360258
this
Huge chunk of the dex behind a gameplay wall, which is just plain shit game design.
>>
File: Rob (62).jpg (104KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
Rob (62).jpg
104KB, 620x349px
>>27360082
>mfw Diamond and Pearl were my first pokemon games I bought
>mfw I emulated the rest after that
wew lads
>>
>>27360082
Slow game pace, pretty boring pokemon variety, a ton of trade evos/cross gens that you can't get until after you get the national dex, not a whole lot of good new pokemon compared to Gen 3, and a fuckton of HM usage needed compared to other games.

The post-game is pretty solid, but getting there is a chore. Platinum fixes pretty much everything about the game except fog existing.

Gen 4 best gen, DP sucked.
>>
>>27360424
>Gen 4 best gen, DP sucked.
That makes no sense to me.
>>
>>27360647
Platinum and HG/SS were great games that had a lot of great features. Platinum fixed pretty much every major problem with DP while also having pretty good difficulty for a Pokemon game, and HGSS were fantastic remakes that greatly built upon GSC. Gen 4 also had the best meta of any of the games overall, introduced the physical/special split, reintroduced the day/night mechanics, and were the first games to really start the push into online battling.

gen V was breddy gud too
>>
>slow as fuck
>horrible variety in the regional dex

And as for things that Platinum didn't fix:
>too many forced double battles
>Team Galactic incompetent and impossible to take seriously
>Barry is annoying as fuck
>worst starter selection in the franchise
>worst Safari Zone in the franchise, due in big part to the next point:
>annoying routes where you can get stuck in the snow or mud
>Rock Climb
>Defog

Gen IV worst gen. HGSS were the only redeemable games.
>>
>>27360313
So still only 5 lines?
>>
>>27360933
>>worst starter selection in the franchise
excuse you?
>>
>>27360992
this is an opinion thread, is it not? I don't like the Piplup line, and I absolutely despise the Chimchar line.

Gen V is a close second-to-last. Only line i really like is the Tepig line, but the Snivy line is decent too.
>>
>>27360933
>worst starter selection in the franchise
As a Unovabortion, your opinion is discarded. Sinnoh's starters were top tier.
>>
>>27360992
>posting in this tone
Why?
>>
>>27360954
Not that guy but that's plenty.
>>
>>27360933
>Doesn't like Best Starters
>Doesn't like Best Rival
How stupid are you?
>>
>>27361263
To be fair, Barry is an annoying prick.
>>
>>27361263
>Best Starters
Just because Turtwig is GOAT, that doesn't excuse how shit the other two are

>Best Rival
I'm legitimately curious how anyone can think this. Not being rude, I'm asking sincerely: what did you like about Barry?
>>
>>
>>27360954
Compare it to other games not named X/Y and you will see that's not low at all
>>
>>27361454
Barry is great in my opinion because he's competive and is still your friend. Being hyper isn't that bad, and him appearing a lot is great and fits his character. Also his team is top notch and was the first rival to battle the enemy team. He always says he wants to beat you but still congratulates you, it's like if Cheren and Bianca had a kid
>>
Sloooooow gameplay.
Utter lack of variety of Pokemon. For them to have 493 total Pokemon and only give you 151 before you beat the game was really disappointing. 200 should've been the minimum a la RSE.
Barry is an underwhelming rival, albiet with a good team.
Level curve was god awful.
Forgettable set of Gym Leaders and Elite 4 members.
Emphasis on babies and evolutions, that's just a personal thing though, I prefer more original mons.

On the flip side:

Great region that had plenty to explore.
Decent postgame (I liked the island).
Ability to transfer Gen III mons.
Great champion with great team (although tough as shit to beat first time).

I haven't played Platinum, though I've heard it fixes most of DP's problems.
>>
No one seems to mention how fucking terrible the gyms were

Gym puzzle designs and gym leader types
>>
>>27360082
Terrible engine that led to mind-numbingly slowness

Graphics that barely improved at all over Gen 3's

Terrible battle music (they took the slow, comfy style that they used for the routes and put them in the battles)

Evil team wasn't anything new or groundbreaking, basically just the same as it's always been, only with higher stakes

God-awful Pokemon distribution, if you didn't pick Chimchar you'd have to use fucking Ponyta as your fire type

The roster was very bad, almost a half of it was just babies/cross evos, all of which were terrible except for my bro Togekiss.

And like I mentioned before, the engine was terrible, the fact that ROM hackers can run Gen 4 games on GBA emulators is proof of this

The online features were buggy and frustrating
Keep in mind that a lot of these problems were fixed in Platinum, but even then, there were still some left over.

Overall, Gen 4 was OK, but not great. I'd say that it's only better than 1 and 6. And, D/P were easily the worst mainline series games.
>>
>>27361454
Piplup is GOAT too, and even though I hate monkeys Chimchar was well designed too, I agree about barry though, he was extremely annoying
>>
>>27362331
For me personally DP are my least favorite game, but gen 4 is still my #2 gen. mainly HGSS
>>
>pokemon dp remake
>post game has a delta episode type story
>its a it happens because arceus and giratina start fighting
>You have to stop both
>both stop fighting eachother
>decide to fight you
>legendary double battle
>the battle is a remix of both themes
>yfw
>>
>>27360096
Same could be said about Munchlax since it was the first Gen 4 Pokemon to be revealed back then
>>
>>27360933
>worst starter selection in the series
I accept your opinion although it is different from mine, my least favorite is gen 2
>>
fog/defog

god those parts were so fucking tedious
>>
>>27360954
Pretty sure that's more than Gen 3.
Hoenn was a tropical setting, Sinnoh was a cold setting.
>>
>>27360082
negatives
>slow, so slow it is painful to replay
>Elite 4 is a joke
example 1: Aaron has Beautifly & Dustox. Two literal shitmons that Galactic Grunts are commonly seen using.
example 2: Flint has 2 Fire types and 3 Pokemon with Sunny Day or Fire Punch.
example 3: While nowhere near as bad as the other two. Bertha has Quagsire AND Whiscash. Clearly the game did not mind giving starters to Elite 4 members, so why not Torterra replacing one of them? Moot point since Platinum fixes all of this.

>Only 2 Fire types: Infernape & Rapidash.
6 Grass types (+1 Sudowoodo)
17 Water types (Hoenn had 23 Water types, 5 Fire types, 10 Grass types)
>Great Marsh and any marshland routes were awful to trek through
>new HMs: Defog & Rock Climb were awful and required 1 or 2 HM slaves
>Honey trees were a bad successor to Headbutt trees
>all those wasted cross-gen evolutions

postives
>Cynthia is probably more difficult than her Platinum counterpart, if only by a little.
>Great starter selection
>Barry is a good rival
Platinum's only flaw is that 4th gen is a slow gen.
>>
>>27363713
What 5 fully evolved fire types did Hoenn have?
Since you're only counting fully evolved for Diamond and Pearl.
>>
>>27363752
Blaziken
Camerupt
Torkoal
Magcargo
Ninetails

1 starter, 1 unique typing, 1 slow bulkmon, 1 awful one, 1 waifu
>>
>>27363713
Didn't even mention this
>>27360258
>>
For me, it was

>not a lot of new pokemon
>a large chunk of the new pokemon were cross gen evos and legendaries
>pokemon designs were generally bad
>not a good selection of pokemon either, no fire types to be seen
>slow, in numerous ways
>lots of new, convoluted ways you evolve pokemon
>fuck ton of HMs required, mt. coronet can go to hell

I actually like a lot of the cross generation evolutions, but they shouldn't have gone for a huge amount of them if they were only planning on creating 100~ new pokemon. The evolutions were nice but unavailable until post-game. The pre-evolutions were forgettable and a waste of time. Barely any of them can be found in the wild in gen 5 and 6.

If you're going to create baby pokemon like Bonsly, Munchlax or Mime Jr, put them in the early game so they can do what they were intended to do: evolve into the older pokemon. If they're missing from tall grass, their only purpose is to be bred and then dropped into the PC for eternity. What a waste of resources. I've been playing through B2W2 and noticed that they let you catch Magby/Elekid early on. You know how to do it, GF. So fucking do it.
>>
>>27363752
But let's see how Platinum improved (the Pokedex availability) particularly of Fire, Water, Grass, Bug, Ground, Psychic, and Ice. For main three types, Elite 4, and Sinnoh flavor reasons.

>5 Fire types, from 2
+Flareon +Houndoom +Magmortar
>18 Water types, from 17
+Vaporeon (not counting Manaphy or Phione)
>9 Grass types, from 6
+Leafeon +Tangrowth +Tropius

>9 Bug types, from 7
+Scizor +Yanmega
>11 Ground types, from 8
+Gliscor +Rhyperior +Mamoswine
>12 Psychic types, from 9
+Espeon +Gardevoir +Gallade
(not counting Unown in either)

>6 Ice types, from 2
+Glaceon + Mamoswine +Glalie +Froslass

you know for being a cold region, Sinnoh has too few Ice types. I want to see who is the real too much water 7/10 IGN score.

>Kalos- 39 Water types
Mount- 7
Coastal- 22
Central- 10
>Unova2- 22 Water types
Unova1- 8 Water types
>Sinnoh- 18 Water types
>Hoenn- 23 Water types
>Johto- 24 Water types (not including Kabuto, Omanyte, Squirtle)
>Kanto- 16 Water types
>>
>>27363778
Macargo and Ninetails? is this bait?
>>
>>27360082
fave legendary arceus, fave pokemon dusknoir, fave evil team boss and male admin, fave male pc. i am a faggot for this gen and can't wait til the remakes are announced.
>>
>>27364147
They're in RS. He's not saying they're 3rd gen mon, but that they're available in RS.
>>
>>27360933
>>worst starter selection in the franchise
but that's Kalos, followed by Unova
>>
>>27360082
bc Platinum is better
>>
>>27361586
>Level curve was god awful.
but that's HGSS

>(although tough as shit to beat first time).
that's what makes her GOAT
>>
On the topic of starter selection. Rate them.

3 = 1 > 4 > 2 > 5 > 6

>Gen 1
all solid choices
>Gen 2
Totodile or go home
>Gen 3
all solid choices again
>Gen 4
all solid choices, but a bit punishing if you don't pick Chimchar
>Gen 5
all suck, but Snivy especially with its Flareon-tier movepool
>Gen 6
I don't care much for it because they are immediately overshadowed by Gen 1 10 minutes in.
>>
>>27362331
>if you didn't pick Chimchar you'd have to use fucking Ponyta as your fire type
I played the whole game without ever needing a fire-type
Lucario could take care of Steel and Ice, and Staraptor would take care of Grass and Bug
>>
>>27364387
>10 level jump from Volkner to Aaron
>10 level jump from Aaron to Cynthiaq

Victory road is stuck with under level 50's with 1-2 Pokemon and 40's wild
>>
>>27364432
>using Lucario
>getting him after the 6th gym

Kill yourself senpai
>>
>>27363713
>>Honey trees were a bad successor to Headbutt trees
you're just butthurt you never got a female Combee
>>
>>27364510
Not him but having a chance that only works once a day and have to get an item to use it 12-24 hours later then having a 1/8 chance of a 1/5 chance of even encountering the thing is pretty bullshit anon
>>
>>27364482
Shellos (hidden power) and Staraptor (close combat) could also take care of Steel and Ice(with a little backlash)
>>
Boring
Awful pokemon availability
Level curve
Terrible designs
TWO new HM's
Slow pace
Lucario
Half the new pokemon walled of until post-E4
Forgettable characters
Forgettable locations
YacheChomp
Stealth Rock
Forced double battles
>>
>>27364537
>relying on hidden power

You keep on digging a bigger and bigger hole
>>
>>27364535
it's worth it tho
my Vespiqueen was great at contests

>>27364466
Victory Road in HGSS is full of mid-40s pokemon
whereas the entirety of Johto doesn't even reach level 40
and then you get thrown into Kanto with mid-60s pokemon
>>
>>27364616
It's like a 10 level jump anon. It's also MUCH WORSE on the slow engine where you need much more exp.
>>
>>27364616
If you get to breed it's fine. But as a concept it's pretty garbage. Like how the fuck are you suposed to get munchlax
>>
There are some things that Gen IV did right

>great soundtrack
>Pokemon League theme
>Champion theme
>Snowpoint theme

>great pokemon cries
Froslass will always have the best cry out of all the pokemon

I dont know why so many people dislike gen IV

it was one of my favorites
>>
>>27364651
lax incense)))))))))))))))
>>
File: 2 years later.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
2 years later.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
Am I the only one that likes it when the pokemon health bar goes down more slowly if it has more health? I dunno, it made it seem more powerful, especially if you had a blissey or a wobbuffet

i think it was too slow with gen IV, but the previous ones did it right. I hate how they got rid of it in Gen VI
>>
>>27364682
How do you get Snorlax without munchlax in the first place. Also how were you supposed to know which incense does what

So many fucking design flaws
>>
>>27364739
you obviously pal-park (was that what it was called?) a snorlax from FRLG and breed it
i'm pretty sure it said somewhere that the incenses were for the babies
also guides
>>
>>27364791
So you can't get one before postgame?
>>
>>27360082
It's the cycle.
>>
>>27364412
3>1>4>2>6>5

1. Pretty good, but Venusaur was shit to use until fairies. (not in actuality, but he was so ugly I just never wanted to use him.)
2. Totodile or go home, though Typhlosion is kind of cool I guess.
3. All three are great. Always hard for me to choose.
4. All have cool designs, though Infernape is kind of lame.
5. All three suck ass.
6. Greninja is based as fuck, Delphox is meh and Chesnaught has potential.
>>
>>27364717
ORAS still does it.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.