[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When you face a Gym Leader and they have only 2 or 3 Pokemon.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1

File: darkrai comeback.gif (496KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
darkrai comeback.gif
496KB, 500x281px
When you face a Gym Leader and they have only 2 or 3 Pokemon. Do you fight them with the same number of Pokemon? or do you use all your Team
>>
Technically, as far as I'm aware based on Pokemon Origins, Gym Leaders actively choose their team based on you personally. This isn't represented mechanically but yeah. That means that if they're fighting you with only two or three it's because they judged you to be that strong, even if you had six pokemon.
>>
>>27358410
It's based on how many badges you have. But yeah, I liked that idea.
>>
>>27358410
There should be a dynamic level system as well as locking you into an X v X, so that their team matches (ideally, +3-5) your level and provides an actual challenge.

>>27358381
I generally use 1 pokemon because it can sweep their entire team no problem.
>>
>>27358381
I actually quite like doing this some times, it's pretty fun
>>
>>27358465
The challenge really doesn't and won't come from having the same amount of Pokemon. Having a lot of pokemon (like. a team of six) on the first and maybe second gym would probably be difficult but after that point or maybe the third gym the amount of pokemon they have doesn't really matter. The levels matching would help difficulty but the purpose of a leveling system in RPGs is as a crutch for players to get past something that would be too difficult without having to think too hard in exchange for the monotony of grinding. It's a system and it works, and changing that is kind of undermining its purpose.
>>
>>27358465
>I generally use 1 pokemon because it can sweep their entire team no problem.
Really? but thats no fun
>>27358508
If the Gym i'm battling uses only 2 Pokemon then i always use 2 only. Its more fun and challenging
>>
>>27358381
Absolutely!
Seems logic to me, and more challenging.
I do that since a long time, and try the same with other trainers too.
>>
>>27358381

My whole team.
>>
>>27358381
I will do that once i get XY, ORAS and SM. Seems like the most fun way to do it and in a way more realistic
>>
I use the same amount as the gym leader and switch out when they send in a new pokémon to simulate a series of 1v1 matches.
>>
>>27358410
That'd be a nice feature
>>
>>27358381
I have to try this
>>
>>27358381
Same number. It feels like i'm cheating if i use 6 Pokemon against 2
>>
>>27358381
If you used more than 2 pokemon, you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>27358440
Only Giovanni was based on this. The gym leaders still worked at they did in the games, but Giovanni felt like Red deserved a challenge
>>
>>27358381
I use whatever Pokemon i have at the moment, because i'm not looking for a challenge in a piss easy series like Pokemon, i'm looking for a good and fun time.
>>
>>27359577
No, Brock mentions it too. He thinks and picks out Pokemon for him to fight and has that pedestal thing as well iirc. We just only see like 3 gym battles or something. Giovanni just switched to his personal Pokemon instead of using his, I guess, gym-certified ones.
>>
>>27359661
Brock used newbie-friendly mons

that is why gym leaders in rematches have much stronger teams.

Giovanni used the ones he saved for TR enmies.
>>
How am I supposed to know before I battle them how many Pokémon they have the first time around?
>>
>tfw gym leaders haven't been revealed yet because GF has reworked how they work, having gyms scale based on your progress and being less linear than before
>>
>>27359912
>Brock used newbie-friendly mons
>that is why gym leaders in rematches have much stronger teams.
Uh... yeah. That's the point. Gym leaders in-game, based on Origins, choose teams based on the strength of their opponent.
>>
>>27359971
It doesn't hurt to dream
>>
>>27358410
>This isn't represented mechanically but yeah.
While it's never specifically mentioned
In emerald, Norman doesn't want to fight you because you're inexperienced, not because he's the 5th gym leader.
>"Hm? Aren't you going to the Pokémon Gym in Rustboro City? There's no challenge for me to battle a greenhorn Trainer. <player>, I want you to challenge me when you become a lot stronger. I'll battle you, <player>, when you can show me four Gym Badges, okay?
I found that to be pretty neat
>>
>>27358381
I always use all my pokémon, and all the most powerful techniques and moves I have.

I feel that if I did otherwise, I would be disrespecting the Gym Leaders by not giving my all.
>>
>>27358381
It's funny that this was the first thread I saw on /vp/.

Right now, I'm doing a run through Omega Ruby where I build a completely new team from scratch after each gym. It's a good way to use a lot of Pokemon you've never used.

Additionally, I always use the same number of Mons as the gym, and I never level up past their lowest level Monster.
>>
>>27360071
good enough
>>27360139
> I never level up past their lowest level Monster
Must be hard to win like that
>>
>>27360179
Absolutely not. Through the Pokemon games, if you're playing competently, you should be able to beat every enemy under-leveled.

One of the biggest complaints from veteran players is how easy the gym battles are.
>>
>>27360276
Oh ok makes sense. I was saying because Platinum was a bit hard
>>
>>27360403
Ah, Sinnobabbies. It's funny how you actually believe the garbage you spout.
>>
>>27360433
It was the first game i bought. Red and Blue must be harder no doubt but i've heard ORAS/XY are the easiest shit ever
>>
>>27360433
Platinum actually was harder to noobs. Giratina couldn't roflstomp the E4, and the E4 got buffs all around.
>>
>>27360433
Plat wasn't hard by any means but it's definitely one of the more difficult pokemon games.
>>
>>27360517
Except Cynthia. She was actually nerfed somewhat.
>>
>>27360511
Red and Blue simply aren't harder when you can roll through the entire E4 with a team of five that're ten levels lower than their Pokemon. That kind of thing is, admittedly, not impossible in later gens, but it's damnably hard.
>>
>>27358465
>using one pokemon
I hope to god it's just because pf type advantage and not just your strongest or you're getting into extreme normie territory
>>
>>27358410
Loved how they did this. I also like how technically, both Pokemon were attacking at the same time, yet the one with the speed advantage would win in the instance of a tie.
>>
>>27359946
Because as of Gen 5 the most a Gym Leader will ever have by the 8th gym is 3 Pokemon
>>
>>27361786
>ORAS
>>
>>27358381
I take my whole team but I usually beat them with one Pokemon, like >>27358465 does. It might not be as "fun", but I blame the games for being too easy these days.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.