[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys still watch the anime? If not when did you stop?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

File: 1467138850228.jpg (772KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1467138850228.jpg
772KB, 1600x1200px
Do you guys still watch the anime?

If not when did you stop?
>>
>>27357683
I think i stopped with the Diamond/Pearl Season. Is it worth watching the anime, are the new seasons somewhat good?
>>
>>27357683
When I was like 7 years old I stopped because I thought it was dumb that Ash wouldn't evolve Pikachu
>>
>>27357683
XY is boring. Stopped there. There's something the anime used to have but lacked in XY.
>>
Indigo League.
>>
>>27357683
some time during the Orange island.

that and I couldn't stand Ash as a protagonist. He's too fucking stupid.
>>
>>27357710
soul
XY was very bland
>>
>>27357683 (OP) #
I stopped watching maybe 7th grade, it was gen 4. The last episode I remember watching was the one where Paul released his Chimchar, I think.
>>
I stopped watching after the Johto league. Might've seen the odd episode or two of AG but it just wasn't the same.

Also began losing interest in Pokemon in general after playing the heck out of Ruby. Didn't care about Emerald, didn't even know what FR/LG was (was more interested in Yu-gi-oh at the time) so I didn't bother with that until years later.

Then Gen 4 came along and I took one look at the box legendaries and said Pokemon is dead. Was eventually convinced by younger siblings and a cousin to give Gen 4 a try a few years later. I looked up all the Gen 4 Pokemon designs and decided that there might still be hope. I've been fully back into the series ever since, except for the anime. I only watch some of the League episodes and maybe an odd gym battle.
>>
I stopped watching around season 4.
>>
>>27357683
I watched up to Hoenn and then lost interest because it was shit.

Came back for Sinnoh. Made it through all of that, some of Unova and then stopped again.

I haven't been at all interested in XY anime. Might give Alola anime a shot if Ash travels with someone decent.
>>
>>27357683
after gen 2
>>
>>27357683
I watched from 1998 - 2002, and then gave up in Johto saga/Master Quest around the US airing of the Olivine City gym battle. I had already lost a lot of interest around the start of Johto Champions / Whitney's gym battle.

Watched some of the start of Advance Gen in 2003, but quit around the Mudkip episode.
Didn't watch any of the Sinnoh saga.
Returned to watching in 2011-2013 during some of the Unova saga, watching sporadically. I probably saw more Best Wishes w/ subs than the actual dubbed episodes.
In 2013 I watched the start of the XY series, but quit like 5 or 6 episodes in after getting annoyed with Serena. I actually prefer Iris to her even. I think Serena is the absolute worst companion I've seen.
>>
I stopped during DP. Now I just watch bits and pieces.
>>
When i grew up
>>
>>27357683
During Diamond/Pearl. It became far too formulaic and boring for even my child mind to continue watching it. I tried continuing when Black/White came out because team rocket being competent seemed interesting, but that became awful too.

I really wish they kept to Takeshi Shudo's original ideal of appealing to the periphery demographic and not just making future episodes repeats of previous ones.
>>
>>27358283
>During Diamond/Pearl
This
>>
I will watch X/Y if Ash wins the league
>>
>>27357696
XY is the best the series has ever been.
>>
>>27357683
I stopped early AG, and I've only just picked it up again, just mainly because it was on TV one day and it was a pretty interesting episode. XY's been good overall IMO. I started watching the dub but I switched over to subs on advice and because I feel the nips put more effort into it. The dub has really gone downhill since the old days.
>>
>>27357683
How far along is Ash in the XY league? Did he lose yet?
>>
>>27357710
>>27357742
>XY was souless
>not BW
Fuck off.
>>
"Kalos League Victory! Ash's Ultimate Match!!" Wait... Ash finally wins the league?
>>
Battle Frontier
>>
>>27358014
you actually suffered through master quest?
>>
>>27359021
Heavily implied, yes.
>>
If you think XYZ is boring, you never watched BW, or even DP.
>>
>>27359181
New protagonist for Sun and Moon confirmed?
>>
>>27357683
I never watched it regularly. I didn't always have cable TV growing up. I hung out with my best buddy and watched it at his house, but Ash was retarded... My buddy liked the show, but I had no interest in it, even since the first episode.

I liked the card game, and especially the video game.

I've been watching some episodes of XY/XYZ subbed, though, and they're freakin excellent. Like, wow they are good compared to what it was.
>>
>>27359218
Inb4 Sun and Moon's arc is a huge time jump and they only had the chemistry between Serena and Ash so that they can have an excuse for him to have a love child.
>>
File: HNI_0061.jpg (19KB, 236x337px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0061.jpg
19KB, 236x337px
>>27359289
I'm 100% okay with this

>love child

It will be a bit more dignified than that. If they go all the way, I want a wedding flashback episode.
>>
>>27357683
I stopped when I was 10.
So around the beginnings of the Diamond and Pearl season.

The last time I checked out the anime was when the Episode N saga was airing in Japan. I was curious with how they'd handle it.
>>
>>27357683
I don't watch it anymore since I no longer have cable, but I've complained about how kiddy its become overtime, even for a so-called "kid's show." I would probably still watch it, though. I stopped watching it sometime around the start of the start of X&Y. I plan on watching the sub next time around.
>>
I stopped watching XY by about the Battle Chateau ep. By theb, I felt it had been long enough and nothing seemed to be on the horizon. I got tired of a show where you just wait for stuff to happen, and the battles became too predictable.
>>
>>27359330
Let's hope that Ash won't be an absentee father if the new series focuses on his son.
>>
>>27357683
Stopped watching when they got to the Orange Islands, stopped playing at Ruby (didn't like Hoenn at all)
5-6-7 years later my lil sister was watching the Diamond and Pearl anime, I loved Torterra's, Croagunk's, Electivire's and Monferno's designs so I picked the games up again. I absolutely love gen4, both the Sinnoh games and the Gen2 remake.
Dropped the anime pretty soon though, but continued playing the games. Unova was really meh but I dug Kalos
>>
I watched the every episode up until a little into Diamond and Pearl. Then watched the first 40 of Best Wishes before dropping it again.
But I've watched everything of XY(&Z) so far though, it's pretty good.
>>
>>27357683
I watched it all the way up until Diamond and Pearl but I started getting too old for it then. Also, anime Dawn really pissed me off for some reason.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.