[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did everyone hate them? What went so wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (182KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
182KB, 1920x1080px
Why did everyone hate them? What went so wrong?
>>
>>27355851
No one hated them.

Probably the best remakes IMHO.
>>
>>27355851
I liked them.
>>
They're really damn boring.
>>
>>27355851
Their better than the originals, who would hate them?
>>
They were mediocre remakes, not stellar like HG/SS, not shit like ORAS. Pretty forgettable unless you're a genwunner or underage, making it your first game.
>Sevii islands was cramped and forgettble minus adding rare Johtomons
>if a gen 1 Pokemon evolved into a gen 2 Pokemon pre Nat. Dex, the evolution would just stop itself on it's own as if you had pressed B, this resulted in Golbat attempting and failing to evolve upon every level up
>only 2/3 battle themes, no new Rival battle theme or one for Giovanni
>added things like the Teachy TV and gossip checker were completely useless
Probably a bunch of other stuff, but like I said, it's forgettable.

VS Seeker was a great idea though.
>>
They are the best remakes.
>improved music
>improved mechanics
>best post-game

They're not mediocre like HGSS and not shithouse like ORAS.
>>
Everyone loved them you retard
>>
>>27356164
>everyone loved them
>6.5 user score on metacritic

Kek
>>
>>27355964
>f a gen 1 Pokemon evolved into a gen 2 Pokemon pre Nat. Dex, the evolution would just stop itself on it's own as if you had pressed B, this resulted in Golbat attempting and failing to evolve upon every level up
Holy shit this, what the fuck were you thinking, game freak?
>>
I enjoy replaying leaf green more than any other Pokemon game.
>>
File: mcclure orange.jpg (45KB, 437x327px) Image search: [Google]
mcclure orange.jpg
45KB, 437x327px
>>27355851
>there are people on /vp/ who think Gen 2 is better than Firered/Leafgreen
>>
File: meanwhileonvp.jpg (20KB, 578x132px) Image search: [Google]
meanwhileonvp.jpg
20KB, 578x132px
>>27356305
>there are people on vp
>>
>>27355851
I've played these multiple times and something always felt 'off' about them. Only recently played one of the original gen 1 games and enjoyed it far more than the remakes.. I think the whole region was planned out really well in gen 1 which falls apart when you add features like abilities and new typings into the mix. It just makes the game feel like a cluttered mess.
>>
>>27355851
They were good but had the misfortune of missing the Phys/special split, which immediately dated them. If only GF held off for a bit, we would have had RB remakes in Gen IV style and maybe HG/SS in Gen V style.
>>
If they are hated it's simply because people think they don't have the charm that those glitched pieces of shit have despite been better in every way.
>>
File: image.jpg (127KB, 435x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
127KB, 435x750px
>>27356355
Can someone explain the phyiscal special split to me?
>>
>>27356374
Before Gen IV moves weren't Physical or Special themselves. A type was entirely physical or special. So tons of pokemon and moves were just garbage because of their type.
>>
>>27356374
Gen 1,2,3
Fire, Water, Electric, Grass, Ice, Psychic, Dragon, Dark type moves are all special types

Normal, Fighting, Poison, Ground, Flying, Bug, Rock, Ghost, Steel type moves are all physical

In gen 4+, whether a move is physical or special isn't limited by its typing
>>
>>27356160
This. They also had the best aesthetics and they had design consistency.
>>
>>27355851
better than HG/SS imo

Loved the sevii islands
>>
>>27356753
How? They were such nothing.
>>
>>27355851
>Why did everyone hate them?
I liked them a lot, at the time. Ended up liking them more than RSE.

I just hated Gen 3 in general because of the state of the battle system and the samey graphics. So compared to other generations, I would rate 3 pretty low, FRLG included. However, FRLG spruced up a lot of move pools, had some good music, and gave us better sprites, so yeah. At the time they came out I loved them.

Would I replay FRLG today? No. But that doesn't mean I hate them. I still play Yellow regularly, for instance.
>>
>>27356428
Actually, Poison was Special in gen 1, but switched to Physical in gen 2.
>>
>>27356763
How did you like Kanto in HGSS? It was fucking nothing too. Just a series of easy gym matches.
>>
>>27355851

They're great. They took gen 1 and turned it into something enjoyable, amazing even. There's literally no reason to play RBY when FRLG exist, same way with GSC vs HGSS.
>>
File: Missingno.png (2KB, 160x144px) Image search: [Google]
Missingno.png
2KB, 160x144px
>>27355851

It's oh ok but It didn't include missing number and It's sister " M".
>>
>>27356763
Because it had high level johto pokes for me to catch as well as having a proper daycare and a few post story team rocket fights, unlike HG/SS where kanto had low level shitmons.
>>
>>27355851
I like them, kind of a shame that there's no Gen 2 evos in the main game, but it doesn't detract from the games
>>
>>27356894
Is this true? I've never heard this before.
>>
>>27356894
>>27357307
No, special types have always been the Eeveelutions + Dragon
>>
>>27356205
and then in HGSS and ORAS they just added the evolutions from gen 3+ and 4+ into the dex no sweat
fucking GF
>>
I don't think everyone hated them so much as there's not much to them. Unlike HGSS and ORAS, which made a lot of pretty drastic changes, FRLG is a pretty basic update to the originals. The changes that were made were all pretty expected or minor enough not to care about, and the Sevii Islands weren't spectacular.
>>
>>27355851
Thats a weird pic of ORAS
>>
>>27355851
Nothing, they're great imo, except maybe for Kanto's overall bland map design, but that's more RBY's problem 2bh
>>
>>27355964
>stellar like HG/SS
HGSS is pretty boring desu
>>
>>27355964
>and forgettble minus adding rare Johtomons
Implying this wasn't the GOATest shit ever
>only 2/3 battle themes, no new Rival battle theme or one for Giovanni
They were faithful remakes
>it's forgettable.
Wrong. Literally the game with the highest replayability
>>
>>27357057
I liked the fact that johto mons were this incredibly rare treasure during the entirety of gen 3. It made the postgame very exciting
>>
>>27357044
Fucking this. I loved that it was a completely new place, could maybe have been a bit bigger tho
>>
>>27356988
holy nostalgia I remember that thing. I caught it and traded it to my friend, where it evolved into a kangaskhan that knew fly. those were the days
>>
>>27355851

Needed more Johto pokemon. Needing to get 3 games to have access to the majority of pokemon was stupid.

Locking out trades/evolutions was stupid. Once you met bill it should have opened up the national dex, include a side quest if you want.

Very little was expanded from the main game. They should have looked into adding more dungeons/areas in the main story.

The islands could have used a bit more.

Overall, I think they're great games, but they stuck too close to the original game. It offered little other than being ru/sa style gen 1 games.
>>
>>27355851
I liked them, but not as much as the originals (there was some charm in the broken gen1)

I absolutely hated the Sevii Islands though
>>
>>27356200
which metacritic are you looking at? FireRed got a 9.0 .
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.