[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we fix this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 12

File: _4305579.png (10KB, 501x195px) Image search: [Google]
_4305579.png
10KB, 501x195px
How do we fix this?
>>
delete it from the game
>>
We don't.
>>
Make Fairy weak to it.
Give it Grass, and Electric Resistance.
>>
>>27355355
Resist Flying and remove Rock weakness. That's all that needs to be done.
>>
>>27355382
>nerfing the second worst type to buff the worst type

Fuck you.
>>
+Grass, Fairy, Flying resistance

Shame to nerf Grass a bit, but it could be buffed elsewhere to make up for it. Grass is better than Ice, anyhow.
>>
>>27355393
>ice weak to rock
Kinda ironic, since ice can break rocks.
>>
>>27355394
>fairy
>worst type
>can destroy dragons, which are the strongest type in the games
>>
>>27355394
Not him, but it's logical. Have you seen what happens to a plant if it touches ice? A majority of the time the plant will wither or die.

If anything, add a special effect to moves like Energy Ball and Solar Beam where they're super effective to Ice, since that is direct sunlight.
>>
>>27355382
Ice doesn't need to be super effective against more things. Everyone already loves Ice type moves. What no one wants to use is an actual Ice type Pokémon, because only one resistance with extremely common weaknesses SUCK

Also
>Nerfing grass

Fuck you
>>
>>27355420
>>27355438

I don't care. Fuck you. I'm happy you faggots aren't in charge of balancing.
>>
>>27355355
Give it fairy resistance.
>>
>>27355355
>50% Defense increase in Hail
>Speed-doubling Hail ability like other weathers
>one additional resistance (unsure what)

Done. Now the type is better and all the shitty slow, defensive Ice mons GF keeps making can be somewhat usable.
>>
>>27355454
Technically Energy Ball and Solar Beam gaining super effectiveness to Ice makes it better than it is currently, in spite of Ice resisting most Grass moves.
>>
>>27355438
Or you can make Ice resist ground instead of fucking over grass for no reason.
>>
Resist Water, Electric, and Poison
Immune to Ice
>>
>>27355355
Now Ice is only weak to Fire.

There, I fixed it.
>>
>>27355454
Jesus you're a baby
>>
>>27355435
He's talking about Grass
>>
>>27355435
He meant grass, dumbass
>>
>>27355473
That would work, except it makes far less sense. Ground is weak to Ice because large amounts of snow, ice, and cold can freeze it and make it brittle and dry. But an earthquake will annihilate ice in a heartbeat. If anything, they should be weak to each other, but that'd nerf the fuck out of Ice.

Grass being resisted by Ice really isn't that big of a deal for Grass, especially if you then give Grass some added benefits like a new resistance or something. Make it resist Fairy.
>>
>>27355456
>>one additional resistance (unsure what)
Water
I still don't understand why it doesn't resist water.
>>
>>27355536
Because running water cannot freeze, but it WILL melt ice even at room temperature. We're honestly lucky Ice isn't weak to Water.
>>
File: HNI_0070.jpg (40KB, 583x583px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0070.jpg
40KB, 583x583px
>>27355480
>>
File: 1446915511316.jpg (15KB, 307x462px) Image search: [Google]
1446915511316.jpg
15KB, 307x462px
>Hey, let's make a glass cannon type, one that doesn't have any resistances but is super effective against a lot of other types!
>all ice pokemon are slow pieces of shit
>>
>>27355355
make more fast ice mons rather than defensive. ice being defensive doesn't make sense. i'd also love to see a fast ice/fighting type
>>
Make Ice lose the fighting weakness and make resist it.
>Try punching ice if you want too
>>
>>27355394
Ice isn't the overall worst type, its too offensively relevant to be considered as such.

The worst types are bug, grass and psychic.
>>
File: 1410247955552.png (48KB, 428x501px) Image search: [Google]
1410247955552.png
48KB, 428x501px
>>27355607
And most of them are meant to be tanks
>>
>>27355549
Just like a glass of water will freeze if you put it in a freezer.

This ice vs water argument only serves to highlight whether you understand thermodinamics or not.
>>
>>27355607
>>27355638
same shit with rock

its anger-inducing hilarious
>>
>>27355607
>super effective against a lot of other types
Besides grass, dragon and flying what other types are SE to ice?
>>
File: 1468159596201.png (227KB, 298x311px) Image search: [Google]
1468159596201.png
227KB, 298x311px
Water types can't learn ice type attacks anymore.

>>27355629
>Ice isn't the overall worst type
Debatably it is.
>It's too offensively relevant to be considered as such.
You'd be right if ice types were actually the main users of ice attacks instead of 99% of water pokemon.
>>27355712
Ground.
>>
>>27355382
>>27355438
>people actually want Ice to resist Grass

Fuck no, Grass is in need of a dire buff, it's constantly getting the shit end of the stick because it loses to both Fire and Water Pokemon. Grass types need easy access to ground moves just like every single water type can learn Ice moves. They should also get passive buffs in both the sun and rain.

Ice is bottom barrel too, but at least that's only because like >>27355607 said, GF keeps trying to make Ice tanks. Good ice types like Weavile are strong as hell, meanwhile outside of Spore Brelloom and M-Venusaur, Grass has fuckall going for it.

Just make Ice resist Water, leave Grass alone.
>>
>Water freezing into more ice
>Abillitiy that absorbs water moves and raises defense
>>
>>27355800
There's also Serperior and Ferrothorn, but yeah, Grass is easily worse than Ice.
>>
File: 1373163842104.jpg (255KB, 961x759px) Image search: [Google]
1373163842104.jpg
255KB, 961x759px
>>27355607
>complain to people that ice type is the worst type in the game and no pokemon actually wants to be an ice type
>HURR DE DURR ITS A GLASS CANNON TYPE BRO
>mfw fire has fucking 6 resists and rock has 4
>>
>>27355901
>grass is easily worse than ice

You are objectively wrong. On the offense, yeah a lot of shit resists your attack but at least it's viable as a defensive typing with 4 actually good resists

>fucking ground
>water spam
>electric
>itself lel

In addition you get free switch in's to spore. Grass type serves a point. It's one of the weaker types but it actively doesn't ruin a pokemon.

Ice actively ruins how good a pokemon is. What do you actually get out of being an ice type? STAB? Whoopdy shit. I'd bet any ice type would trade away STAB to not have crippling weaknesses and no resists.
>>
>>27355667
Funny how all the good ice types(Weavile, Kyruem, Cloyster, Mamoswine) and all the good rock types (Tyranitar, Nega-Aerodactyl, Mega-Diancie, Terrakion) are offensive mons, but Gamefreak keep making mostly "defensive" Pokemon for those two types.
>>
Remember when they made that ice berg pokemon that was supposed to be a defensive even though it was fucking ice type?
>>
>>27355974
>water spam
So I can take 1 Scald before getting knocked around by an Ice Beam? Nice.
>Electric
Passable, but have you noticed a lot of Electric type Pokemon suddenly gain access to Fire type moves? Namely M-Mangnetric or Eelectross. The only electric type grass sort of counters is Rotom Wash, and that guy just switches out immediately.
>Ground
Would be good if Levitate and Balloons didn't exist. There's also a shitload of Grass/Poison types.

Meta wise, any Pokemon that has any sort of coverage more than likely can hit Grass for SE damage, even if they only carry that coverage move for a bigger threat.

I see what you're arguing but at the end of the day, Grass continues to lose. At least you have Ice Shard.
>>
>make Ice attacks normally effective against water types
>remove weakness to rocks
>add resistance to flying
>more physical moves with a wider distribution
>don't keep trying to make them tanks

There I fixed it.
>>
>resist grass
>resist flying
>resist bug
>>
Remove rock weakness.
The dex entries for some ice mons state that they are far below the freezing point.
The ice in the central region of the south pole is stronker than steel because of this.
>>
>>27355974
>resisting water matters
>when every water type knows Ice beam
>spore matters when only two pokemon in the game actually use it
>>
>>27355438
And that's why grass is weak to ice
>>
>>27355355
make it super effective against water make it neutral to steel, resist ground, resist flying
>>
>>27355830
Nice one
>>
>>27355435
fucking nigger. he meant grass
>>
>people unironically want Ice to resist Grass

Why? It barely helps Ice-types since Grass is so shit already while making Grass even worse just to slap some resists onto Ice.

Ice should
>Resist Water and Flying
>Lose its weakness to Rock
>Gains 50% Defense while in Hail

alternatively, make less fucking tank Ice-types goddamnit GF that shit does not work.
>>
>>27356209
how about super effective VS rock? Frost can seriously fuck porous rocks up
>>
>>27356231
I thought it was SE against rock?
>>
>>27355355
>resistant to fairy and dragon
>SE against fairy
>>
>>27356238
Ground
>>
>>27355456
And maybe expand Hail so that it doesnt hurt at least Water types. Its unfair that Sandstorm gets three types, all of which are already great, that benefit or at least arent harmed by Sandstorm, while Hail can only be safely used by its STAB users. I mean hell, Sandstorm is associated more with Ground, despite being a Rock-type move.

>>27355475
>Nerfing Poison for no reason
>>
>>27356231
Eh, I'm not opposed to it but I don't think Ice needs another thing it hits SE.
>>
>>27355355
Being only resisted by its own type is disgusting. Fairy should be another resistance. I mean if Fairy is weak against Fire it should also be weak against Ice
>>
>>27356040
Even then cloyster's stats are more defensive with 180 base def. It only became offensive with shell smash and skill link
>>
>>27356231
Rock has a lot of weaknesses too
>>
How about giving fight a wallop and remove it's ice SE?
>>
Make it resist Water,Ground and Flying
>>
Changes needed to fix Ice:

>Super Effective against Bug
>Not Very Effective loses Water (so both hit each other neutrally)

>Weak against same types - Fighting
>Not very effected by Flying and Bug

And, as stated above, fewer tanks.
>>
>>27355355
Create a new type that Ice is ineffective against, and make Ice type moves half as powerful.
>>
>>27358395
Bug is a shit typing already, it doesn't need another weakness. Especially not another one that nearly everybody runs as coverage.
>>
-Add resistances to Water and Dragon
-Remove Fighting weakness

That oughta do it right there.
>>
>>27355355
Ice resists the Fairy-type.
In a hailstorm, Ice-types have a 50% physical defense increase.
>>
Ice's problem is that the fucks over at Gamefreak keep making Defensive pokemon when Ice is by far the most garbage as being Defensive

If they want it that badly, make a new area affect or ability that forces inverse properties for the pokemon. So then the work defensive type would end up becoming the best defensive type
>>
I'll fix the whole type chart:

ice:
hail +defense 50%
resist flying and ground

fairy:
weak to bug
bug resists it
psychic resists it

psychic:
resists fairy

poison:
supereffective against water

water:
takes no damage from hail
weak to poison

steel:
resists ghost again

normal:
gives a small stab (15%) to the attacks of all the other types
>>
>>27355355
>I like abomasnow

Life is suffering
>>
>>27355367
why not
>>
Since when is ice a bad element? Last I played steel and bug were worse.
>>
>>27358956
Add

Grass: no longer weak to Flying.
>>
>>27355355
stop making them slow and defensive
>>
How to fix game:

Ice resists Flying and Ground.
Grass no longer is no longer weak to flying and resisted by flying.
Grass's poison match ups given to water types. Grass just becomes purely neutral to poison.
Rock resists Ghost and Dark.
Bug becomes super effective to bug.
Fairies lose bug resistance and gain bug weakness.

Psychic resists fairy.
>>
>>27355393
Remove your trip code newfag.
>>
>>27359803
Steel is and has always been good
Bug started to be good in Gens IV and V when they started to make good bug type moves and pokemon
>>
>>27355355

I've said ti every thread and I'll say it again.

Make more offensive Ice types.

and also give ice a flying resist, thats really all it needs.
>>
>stronger Ice physical move
>make Ice Beam 95 power again fuck you
>a non shitty Pokemon with Refrigerate
>more pokemon with Atk/SpA AND Spe over 100
>>
Make most Ice-type Pokemon fast attackers. if your gonna make a defensive Ice-type give it a ability that nullifies its weaknesses. Ex: Avalugg should have gotten Filter and Regice Heat Proof. As for the type chart Ice-type Pokemon should only have a few resists since offensively its the 2nd best attack type. It should have no more than 3 resist in my opinion ;itself,Dragon, and Normal. Maybe instead of Normal it could resist Flying. Ice-types should definitely resist Dragon though
>>
>Make Ice resistant to Fairy and Water
>Fire no longer resists Fairy
>Poison is supereffective against Water (Pollution)
>Grass resists Fairy (Pixies, faeries and shit don't want to hurt nature)
>Bug resists Fairy (See above for justification), and Fairy still mutually resists Bug

Rate.
>>
>>27355355
Make fewer water types learn Ice Beam.

To me, it seems like Ice was designed so that it was a great attacking type but you had to worry about a lot of weaknesses to use it. While that's still kind of the case since the good Ice-types (Weavile, Mamoswine, Abomasnow etc.) benefit hugely from their STAB, it's kind of pointless when you could just run Azumarill, Gastrodon and Ludicolo and get better coverage and fewer weaknesses with only a small drop in power.
>>
>>27360402
Along with that, I think all ice types deserve Freeze-Dry. That move turns a normal hit into quad damage a lot of times.
>>
Resists Flying and Ground. Neutral to Rock. Buff Freezedry to 90 BP and give it to every and only Ice types.

Gives a reason for defensive Ice types to exist, while nerfing Water types and fixing special Ice type's coverage problems.
>>
>>27355355
make water weak to it.
>>
make better physical offensive ice moves. An Ice Blitz would be fucking great.
>>
>>27360814
It has never made sense to me that Ice is not effective against Water-types.
>>
File: 2342830345234.png (264KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
2342830345234.png
264KB, 400x500px
You fix ice like this:
>Ice resists fairy
>Ice resists flying
>Ice resists dark
>Stop giving every mon and their mother GOOD ice coverage. Shit moves are fine, but seriously. Does every water type need Ice Beam too?
>Make Hail reduce speed of non-ice mons by sticky-web levels
>Make Hail increase Def of ice mons

There you go. Now Ice has a real niche.
>>
File: 1445884067803.jpg (65KB, 523x592px) Image search: [Google]
1445884067803.jpg
65KB, 523x592px
>>27355800
>it loses to water pokemon
>>
>>27355435
he meant grass shithead
>>
>>27355627
>thinking a punch from a trained fighter has the same strength as a normal punch
>>
>>27355355
well, given it's nature as a hard substance, shouldn't it resist normal like Rock and Steel do?
>>
File: 1467779177144.jpg (36KB, 399x651px) Image search: [Google]
1467779177144.jpg
36KB, 399x651px
If they really want to make it a glass cannon, give it one or two more types it's super effective against to balance out its lack of resistances.

Or give it a flying, ground or water resistance. Those are the only types that could use an offensive nerf imo
>>
>>27361676
Dark needs an offensive nerf BADLY. That or tame Knock Off abit.
>>
>>27362192
Dark is strictly worse than Ghost offensively in addition to their complete overlap of things it hits super-effectively. Don't make that shit even more dumb.
>>
>>27355800
Serperior
ferrothorn
M-Venusaur
Amoonguss
Tangrowth
Breloom

There are plenty of usable grass types
>>
>>27362192
It really doesn't need a nerf. Knock off is just too good, they should have made it 50 BP
>>
>>27362397
Dark has no immunities
>>
File: mr mym.jpg (7KB, 212x200px) Image search: [Google]
mr mym.jpg
7KB, 212x200px
>>27363850
nope none at all
>>
Make it resist Normal, Flying, Ground, poison and Dragon
Hail increases defense by 50%
Water no longer Resists ice
Grass is no longer weak to it
Rock resists ice
Bug is weak to poison
Bug resists Psychic
Dark no longer immune to psychic, but resists it
Psychic resists fairy
>>
>>27365339
Dark is weak to fairy retart
>>
>>27355355

Make a Freeze-inducing Wil-O-Wisp move that can only be learned by Ice Types.

Type is now fixed.
>>
File: mym.png (252KB, 450x318px) Image search: [Google]
mym.png
252KB, 450x318px
>>27367080
>>
Should resist water, and if there's a new type in the future, it should resist it as well.
>>
>>27367077
>Grass is no longer weak to it

Plants get killed by ice.
>>
Most of the change to type chart that are suggested are stupid. Aside from Avalugg no current Ice types gets much better with more resistances. The best way to make Ice good is to make some mons that don't have shit ability and stats.
>>
>>27367128

That's a misconception. Plants do poorly in the winter due to less sun, they survive the winter just fine though. Very few are hurt by ice, but actually resist it.
>>
>>27355355
RESISTANCES: ICE, GRASS, BUG, FLYING, NORMAL.
>>
>>27355435
>being this pleb to not be aware of the worst defensive types
>>
>>27368161

>nerfing grass and bug even more

fuck you.

People are so dumb, they think making ice super OP is "fixing" the type.
>>
>>27363850
>what is psychic-inmune?
>>
Increase the chance of water pokemon getting frozen by Ice type moves by double. Also resistance to water and fairy.
>>
>>27356255
>And maybe expand Hail so that it doesnt hurt at least Water types.

while this makes sense, it'd really just keep making it so that water types that learn Ice moves get used more cause then Water type benefits from both Rain and Hail and is even better.

Keep Hail immunity to just Ice types to give them a niche thing that no other type gets to give them a reason to be used over a water type with Ice Beam or we're right back where we started.
>>
>>27358956
I actually dig this!
why steel resisting ghost again?
>>
>>27370288
Because currently Ghost is only resisted by Dark. Normal is immune to it too, but that very rarely becomes useful in the competitive scene. Ghost is on the verge of becoming overpowered, so we should ideally snuff it while it's still very decent.
>>
>>27355355
Resist Water, Fairy and Dragon
>>
>>27355355
Make it strong against and resist water.
>>
>>27370828
>>27370839
Ah... I suppose you're right.

It's just... it's just nice to have a sense of self on the forum I frequent most. But if I have to rely on being known to have folks read my posts I suppose that's taking the easy route isn't it? Ultimately, it's more satisfying to bridge a short-term connection with someone where complete anonymity keeps us both completely honest and no risk of flattery for gratitude-whoring, which is a likelihood with a popular tripfag (pardon my language Mr. Anonymous).

That probably came across as babbling, but the point is I appreciate your aid in lifting veil from eyes. Thank you.
>>
>>27371027
/thread
>>
>>27371764
>rendering freeze-dry obsolete

I don't think they should change the type chart at all. It's fine to have some types be better than other types. Instead they should focus on making more good Ice types.
Thread posts: 120
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.