[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you love most about Pokemon, and what about it keeps

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: hqdefault.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
What do you love most about Pokemon, and what about it keeps you following the franchise?
>>
The Pokemon
>>
>>27354246
The setting, monsters and fans.
>>
>>27354246
It's the only monster catching game besides Persona that doesn't have a ridiculous "different for the sake of being different" battle system.

In all honesty, I prefer Digimon over Pokemon. In terms of monster design, anime, and fanbase. But I hate farming games, and Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth just isn't enough to get me to jump ship completely.
>>
>>27354246
I can make memes from it
>>
>>27354246
I was abused and neglected as a child. My only escape was Pokemon. I depend on it as an escape from my mental trauma.
>>
>>27354374
thats edgy as fuck
>>
I like the gameplay and the designs of the monsters senpai, what else is there? The anime is shit so who cares about that.?
>>
>>27354387
Are you autistic? If this were edgy it would be more along the lines of "I play pokemon to keep myself from cutting myself".
>>
>>27354246
Having pet monster pals would be great.

And honestly, both the games and anime make for wonderful escapism.
>>
File: AshPikadress.jpg (38KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
AshPikadress.jpg
38KB, 640x480px
>>27354246
People and Pokémon living together as friends and family
Also the fucbois and sniffs
>>
>>27354387
I don't see how its edgy. I was starved and beaten as a kid, and my grandparents bought me a Gameboy and Pokemon blue as a kid, to distract me from my shitty childhood til they took custody. What's edgy about it?
>>
Also, should I get a used 3ds and pick up x/y? I haven't played since maybe black/white, and I want to get back to being a competitive player like I was in HGSS in time for S/M
>>
>>27354246
Its a collection style hobby, which is fueled by nostalgia feelings and an enormous, creative community and spiced with top tier music and fappable pokégirls.
>>
File: 9nn5rTyZ.gif (228KB, 470x470px) Image search: [Google]
9nn5rTyZ.gif
228KB, 470x470px
I love the pokemon. The only gen7 pokemon I don't love so far is bewear mostly because the official art doesn't look pokemon-ishin game footage makes it more pokemon like but the official art is terrible.
I love the style of the game, you're not killing anything, you're getting stronger.
I like feeling like a heroand a special snowflake.
I'm not super competitive, never have been, so difficulty doesn't matter a whole lot to me. It's just a game I've grown up with and have always lovedI even met my boyfriend through pokemon.
>>
>>27354246

Pokémon species.
>>
Consistency

Games constantly add new stuff and make controversial decision but the fun factor and gameplay doesnt fluctuate ildly
>>
Just the pokemon at this point. And not even the edgelord version everyone likes to tout.
>>
>>27354246
Everything except the anime and the fanbase
>>
>>27354469
l-london?
>>
>>27354429
I'm sorry anon. I hope you're doing better now. And your grandparents are wonderful people.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.