[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A way to balance Mega Evolutions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

So Mega Evolutions kinda break the game, right? You can't compete without a Mega, and of the ones we have there's like 5 or 6 that everyone uses.

I've seen people say Mega Evolutions might be getting removed in Sun/Moon, but that's never going to happen. Imagine the little kid who finds out Mega Charizard X isn't in Sun & Moon? Nope, never going to happen.

So the designs need to stay. Just the designs.

> No Mega Stones can be found in or transferred to Alola.
> Instead, scientists have created a machine that can make Mega Evolutions permanent as forms.
> Without the stones, Mega Evolutions aren't as potent as before.
> Mega abilities mostly stay the same, but stats are reduced on a case by case basis.

Sound good?
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 420x590px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 420x590px
Boo-hoo. Baby can't beat something so it needs to be nerfed. Wahhhh wahhhhh wahhhh!
>>
>>27354110
>You can't compete without a Mega
Scrub
>>
>>27354145

Mega Evolutions are unbalanced.

So are you.
>>
>>27354185

Have you seen VGC? Or Smogon? Or Battle Spot?
>>
>>27354226
Just because they use it doesn't mean you have to. I can fair against them just fine with my trusty Shedinja and and my ever-persistent Ditto.
>>
>>27354110
> Without the stones, Mega Evolutions aren't as potent as before.
Ah, yes. So let's give them items. That won't be any worse.
>>
>So Mega Evolutions kinda break the game, right?
Not really, no.
>>
>>27354110
>> Instead, scientists have created a machine that can make Mega Evolutions permanent as forms.
>> Without the stones, Mega Evolutions aren't as potent as before.
>> Mega abilities mostly stay the same, but stats are reduced on a case by case basis.
Is this a joke? Because you've broken the game wide open now
>>
>>27354110

Megas actually are the answer to super safe stall shittery

They're ultimately just glorified held items
>>
>>27354215
>I dont like thing
>NO ONE ELSE should like thing
>People who aren't bothered by thing are meanies

Grow up, kid. Reminder that you must be at least 18 to post on here.
>>
>>27354215

Is that just what SMOGON tells you?
>>
>>27354110
Mega evolutions aren't even remoetely broken, just good.

Your suggestion would make them beyond broken though.
>>
>>27354110
>You can't compete without a Mega, and of the ones we have there's like 5 or 6 that everyone uses.
You can't compete without Pokemon, and of the 700 we have there's like 50 or 60 that everyone uses.
>>
>>27354340
Wait until you see this man's Heavy Slam Wailord, it's super epic XD
>>
>>27354371
>They're ultimately just glorified held items

This is exactly the right answer. They're just a new, better version of things like Light Ball and Thick Club.
>>
>>27354425
I'm honestly quite a Karenfag so I can't use Pokemon I dislike. Wailord is pretty shit, dude.
>>
How about?
>Don't change the stats.
>If you have a Primal, you can't use a Mega.
>Parental Bond only does 25% (maybe 30?) damage the next turn.
>"-Ate" abilities only receive 20% (or no) boost.
>Mega Rayquaza has to hold something similar to a Mega Stone.
>Tough Claws only gives the user a 255 boost.
>Fix Prankster. Mega Banette needs it. I understand why it can't use the ability in the first turn but it's not impossible to solve.
>Give Pidgeot some good coverage moves with low accuracy. Don't give it Sing, though.
>Do something about Steelix and Camerupt.
>Give a new ability to Mega Audino. It could be Regenerator but also something less annoying.

I think these are fairly justified. I'm open to criticism and ideas.
>>
>>27354447
>>If you have a Primal, you can't use a Mega.

I am honestly surprised this wasn't implemented in the first place.
>>
Certain mega evolutions are game breaking, sure, but the concept itself is fine.

Yeah, they're strong, but they're supposed to be strong. And both players have access to it. There are definitely specific megas that are outliers and are either too strong or too weak though.
>>
>>27354110
If megas need a nerf, which they fucking don't because pokémon in general never tried to be balanced at all, then the simplest solution would be to make mega evolution take up your turn.
>>
>>27354447
pretty much this
>>
>>27354447
>Tough Claws only gives the user a 255 boost
What?

I assume you mean that it can only boost the accuracy of moves to 255/256?
>>
>>27354540
I would argue that it is balanced. Both players have access to the same pool of Pokemon. No one has an unfair advantage. The fact that certain Pokemon are stronger than others serves to display the players skill. A less skilled player will bring sub-optimal choices to a battle, and lose more battles. A more skilled player will be able to display their skill by choosing the right Pokemon for the situation, and having the right Pokemon in their team to deal with the situation.
>>
>>27354576
It was meant to be a %. I apparently didn't press Shift hard enough.
>>
>>Primals treated as Megas
>>Only one Primal allowed to be used
>>No other Megas allowed to be used either
>>
>>27354110
If it works for all Pokemon instead of just the 46 special snoflake mons in down with it
>>
>>27354110
I don't really care about balance at all. If you don't like the shit just don't play with it. Fuck multi player.
>>
>>27354110
>keep their abilities
>no mega stone so they can hold another item
Are you that's what you want?
>>
>>27354110
We need more specialized Megas, like a Quagsire with Sap Sipper or a Slaking with just it's attack boosted by 100 points.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.