[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, new to competitive pokemon, What are some good resources

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: ditto2.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
ditto2.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
Hey, new to competitive pokemon, What are some good resources to get into the meta? Just looking for tutorials to get a grip on what's good, why it's good, and how to improve competitively. Thanks.
>>
Smogon is probably the quickest way to find out what's viable, though it varies on what you're playing. Anything official for example will be different since there aren't tiers, and a lot of the guides there are based around those tiers. But it's a starting point at least. Through that you can get an idea of what works in competitive and come up with your own ideas when you're playing online. Copying smogon sets won't really get you anywhere if you don't understand team composition, so try not to do that.
>>
>>27349229
This, though once you've had a brief read you may as well jump into something like Pokemon Showdown and start testing things out for yourself, then go back and read into things more deeply once you've got a few matches under your belt.
>>
You have to first go to a psychiatrist and find out where on the autism spectrum you are, this is what is used to determine the tier you will play.
>>
>>27349281

Now I kinda want to know what tier of autism I belong to.
>>
>>27349175
Just copy and paste other teams, there's multiple pokemon in smogon you can choose from but save your time and straight up take other builds.

Official competitive is completely different

>>27349455
probably the highest since you're on /vp/
>>
>>27349175

The others are right, check out Smogon and play around in Showdown. Just don't listen to the community, it's full of shit.
>>
ignore every other post in this thread. just throw together a shit team and hop in ou or uu on pokemon showdown. get your ass beat and learn. its the only way.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.