[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tiny Features That Would Be Big Improvements

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

File: Untitled.png (236KB, 435x257px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
236KB, 435x257px
example: game asks you if you would like to respray repel after it wears off

I thought of one, implement pic related as a feature for eggs from the day care.

Never have to go back, dump 5 eggs, grab 5 more repeat. just keep going in circles and automatically be able to switch out the hatched ones for new eggs as you go.
>>
Let pokemon un-learn HMs unless they are currently in use.
>>
>>27348803
Maybe have a seperate list for eggs so that they don't take up party slots?
>>
It wouldn't really be a major improvement, but I'd like for them to get rid of the breeding incenses. I know why they were added, they wanted a reason to justify why you couldn't get pokemon like Munchlax when you tried breeding a Snorlax. But it's been years, nobody cares anymore, it's just an irritating thing you have to remember when you want to get a Bonsly/Wynaut etc egg.
>>
>>27348803
the respray repel already exists
>>
How about fixing the Nidoqueen glitch that's still present for 20 fucking years

Like, it's entire family is cucked out of egg moves unless it's a ditto and getting a nidoran with an eggmove already to bred

Just let the game recognize that Queen is a fucking female
>>
Why does repel not work with higher level Pokemon

For what purpose
>>
>>27349240
To help you hunt for the pokemon you actually want like Latios.
>>
>>27349120
>reading comprehension
>>
HMs are no longer moves. Once you obtain them, any poke that could learn it is able to use it outside of battle.
Good moves like surf can become tms like smash rock did.
>>
It takes people a million years to figure out a pokemon's egg moves

They need some sort of mechanic to Atleast hint to you what some egg moves are

Because for fucks sake, you would never know that a Pokemon like Donphan would know Ice Shard, or Rhydon learning Surf

Just have some indication, you don't even need to say what Pokemon to breed with, just have something that states "Oh hey, this Pokemon can learn ____ by breeding"
>>
>>27349424

Rhydon learning Surf isn't surprising.
>>
ability swap balls

pls gamefreak
>>
>>27348803
Trading in bulk
>>
Hire these people Gamefreak
>>
>>27349000
That sounds good, and then when the hatch give you the option of replacing one of your party or send the newly hatched Pokemon to the PC. I like it.
>>
>>27349646
Bank helped with this a lot but if they expanded it further it would be amazing.
>>
>>27349289
>Rock Smash
>Good

It's literally useless.
>>
File: Reading-Comprehension.jpg (52KB, 709x276px) Image search: [Google]
Reading-Comprehension.jpg
52KB, 709x276px
>>27349774
>>
>>27349055
I disagree
If you're breeding Marills or Slnorlaxes I don't want to be bothered with having to raise the babies until they can breed; it's a chore
>>
File: mad.png (39KB, 249x200px) Image search: [Google]
mad.png
39KB, 249x200px
STOP FUCKING ASKING ME EVERY 5 SECONDS IF I WANT TO SAVE THE GAME BEFORE WONDER TRADING

In general just stop fucking asking me to save. This game does this way too much. Also if they gave me an option to wondertrade a lot faster I would be really happy. A simple don't go back to the main screen while wonder trading is fine.
>>
File: 1300409965382.gif (490KB, 226x200px) Image search: [Google]
1300409965382.gif
490KB, 226x200px
>>27349774
>used for smashing rocks
>literally useless
>>
>>27349424
>a million years
Literally just google "<pokemon's name> serebii/bulbapedo/whatever" and look the egg moves.
>>
>Encountering domestic NPC Pokemon adds them to the "Seen" Pokedex category.

I don't understand how this hasn't been implemented on common sense alone. Why wouldn't a trainer pull out their Pokedex when seeing a new Pokemon outside of battle?

>Quick HM animations toggled by the options menu
If the player has an HM move like Strength, Surf, Rock Smash, etc in the party, simply moving into the object will activate it's function. No more menus asking to push rocks or cross the water.

>Box Checker
Allows the player to check and organize the PC boxes on the go, but not swap out members/items with the current party. Allows you to check on new captures without running back and forth, especially if you're mass hunting for certain abilities/natures/moves.
>>
File: ss+(2016-07-23+at+07.02.25).jpg (56KB, 581x345px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-07-23+at+07.02.25).jpg
56KB, 581x345px
>>27348803
Give the pokemon some vibrant goddamn color for the love of god.

They look awful specially now in the heavy contrast alola.
>>
>>27350161
The reason it asks you to save before doing this is to avoid cloning shit
>>
An overhaul to the HM system would be nice.

HMs can still exist but limit them to: surf, cut, fly, strength. Other HMs are converted to TMs.

As the player advances through a region the number of badges obtained dictates what each HM is capable of doing.

For example, let's say the player gets surf by the 3rd badge (maybe early but this is an arbitrary example). Upon obtaining the HM and subsequent badge to use it the player may surf on a pokemon in the water. Next gym badge? The player can scale waterfalls while surfing. Badge after that? The player can stop whirlpools on a surfing pokemon. After that? The player can dive with a surfing pokemon. Surf would be the only water HM but it can do what all the others did. Waterfall, Whirlpool, and Dive become regular TMs. If a pokemon in your party would benefit from Waterfall over Surf, fine. Teach it Waterfall. No big deal. It's still available.

Strength would have the scaling benefits of Rock Smash as the player progresses through the league and, perhaps, even Rock Climb.

Cut and Fly remain virtually untouched. However, I would like to see Cut have another feature where the player could mow down areas of tall grass to act as a sort-of free repel. It would only clear a small area but it could be useful to someone for some reason or another.

Deleting/Forgetting HMs as if they were TMs would be nice. The only time this shouldn't be allowed is if the player is currently using the corresponding HM. So, no forgetting surf if you are currently surfing with a pokemon.
>>
>>27350190
>If the player has an HM move like Strength, Surf, Rock Smash, etc in the party, simply moving into the object will activate it's function. No more menus asking to push rocks or cross the water.
I have no idea why this isn't already a thing. It's such a simple, good idea.
>>
>>27350227
>>27350227
I just wish there was a better way. Maybe just allow us to wondertrade multiple things and then check back later once they all are sent out.
>>
>>27350156
>>27349055
Babies need to stop being an evolution and just be a form pokemon that have been hatched from eggs take for a few levels/seasons/steps/whatever gimmick.

They are hogging an evolution spot on many underpowered pokemon, while simultneously making the whole baby thing inconsistent as not all pokemon are born as babies because only a few species are born as adults or something.
>>
>>27350187
I think means for the people of those sites to find them
>>
>>27350231
>However, I would like to see Cut have another feature where the player could mow down areas of tall grass to act as a sort-of free repel. It would only clear a small area but it could be useful to someone for some reason or another.
I know one of the mainline games did this and never brought it back in typical GF fashion. I would have loved it to alter the landscape for shaking grass Pokemon in Gen V.
>>
>>27350336
iirc every gen 2 and 3 game had this function
i think it was removed in get 4 but i don't recall
>>
>>27350336
>>27350352
I knew it happened at one point and was removed. I don't see why re-implementing it would be an issue unless there is some crazy coding reason regarding encounter/shiny rates.
>>
>>27350352
IIRC, it was removed in 4. I remember doing it all the time in 2, and I think it was still in 3.
>>
>>27350352
>>27350394
yeah it was in all the gen 2 and 3s, 4 took it out, I never even knew it was in the games until some one told me about it way later
>>
>>27349161
I thought you could still breed a nidorina or nidoran female.
>>
>>27350297
They always bust into the code.
>>
>>27350156
Babies need to stop being a category entirely. What is the difference between a bulbasaur and a magby? One can't breed until you get it to level 30. IV training makes it almost irrelevant if it weren't for natures and egg moves.
>>
>>27350723
I love baby pokemon, but that shit makes it a pain in the ass to breed
>>
>>27350789
They should be moved to a different category. There's no reason for a furfrou or tauros to be born as an adult while pikachu is born as a baby.
>>
Merge Ice and Burn heal into a single item.

A system that lets you trade in a weaker version of an item for a stronger version. For example, Pokeballs cost 200 while Great Balls cost 600. If you have 60 Pokeballs sitting around in your inventory that you're doing nothing with, you can trade them in to buy 60 Great Balls at 400 each. Same deal with Potions.

Change how consumable items work in-game:
>Balloon, Focus Sash, Red Card, and the like stop working after being activated in battle. They start working again after X battles instead of diappearing.
>non-healing berries are now picked in clusters. For example, a Pecha Berry cluster can be eaten 5-10 times before you need to give your Pokemon another one, although it can only activate once per battle. If not, then just have an option to give your Pokemon a stock of the damn things so that you don't need to keep replacing them.
>Asborb Bulb, Charge Battery, and their kin now only get consumed until the end of the battle.
>>
>>27350947
>Merge Ice and Burn heal into a single item.
why? why not just abolish all of them and just use full heals?
>>
>>27349759
I don't know why we can't transfer items through bank.

I mean I know why, items have different ids in different games, but is it honestly to hard for game freak to say "we have this list of items starting in X/Y, all new items will be appended to this list from now on.", Or for bank to have the ability to convert between games by itself.

>>27350190
HMs can mostly just be replaced with items, like the Eon Flute instead of Fly. Have an item for Cut (Axe or Sawblade), a special item the bike that you can use next to water and has surf, waterfall and dive rolled together. And so on.

>>27349000
The game needs to steal incubators from Go. Special PC boxes, that while eggs are in them your steps in the world help them hatch. If you put a Flame Body pokemon in the same box, it halves hatching time, and having multiple flame body pokemon in the same box stacks up to the equivalent of the level 3 Hatching power.
>>
>>27350851
They should still exist but the breeding restrictions should be lifted, that's the annoying thing.
>>
>>27348940
I always thought it would be better if HMs were just trainer skills that can be used when a compatible pokemon is in the party
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.