[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Most fun team for playing through Pokemon Blue?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (79KB, 1279x537px)
image.jpg
79KB, 1279x537px
Most fun team for playing through Pokemon Blue?
>>
Venusaur/Electrode/Farfetch'd/Jynx/Dragonite/Porygon
>>
File: brett.jpg (36KB, 820x95px) Image search: [Google]
brett.jpg
36KB, 820x95px
>>27340780
>>
>>27340773
Venusaur
Snorlax
Arcanine
Starmie
Pikachu
Dragonite
>>
>>27340780
>Farfetch'd
>Jynx

What the fuck
>>
>>27340773
Blue's team
Exeggutor
Arcanine
Gyarados
Rhydon
Pidgeot
Assuming no trade evo mons, then Dragonite

Replace your corresponding starter with the type on your team
>>
your favorites

>>27340850
i want him to fuck off but this is the kind of shitposting that shouldn't be here
>>
>>27340773
I have to tell you how to think every three seconds.I'm getting tired of these games slave.
>>
>>27340773
Charizard
Nidoking
Jolteon
Golduck
Dragonite
Hitmonlee
>>
Nobody mentions Persian yet? Meowth is only obtainable in Blue and Slash is basically 100% crit.
>>
>>27340951
Pretty much this
Weezing is really fun too
>>
>>27340793
Fuck off
>>
>>27341126
you can put on your tripcode again
>>
Some mons that are amazing in r/b but garbage in later gens like Persian or jynx are fun. Or don't make it easy, and use an RNG to pick random numbers/your team for you!
>>
>>27340773

Charizard
Raichu
Nidoking
Lapras
Snorlax
Mew (Gameshark away!)
>>
>>27341238
>needing a gameshark to get mew in gen 1
are you stupid
>>
>>27340793
Dont post that.
Yesterday i jokingly said something about Alomamola and i got a warning.
>>
Most games are more fun when you do random stuff, Anon.

Planning a team already will deprive you that fun.
>>
>>27341432
>alomomola kid has actually become a mod
>>
>>27341432
that's probably because he's reporting like crazy every post making fun of it
>>
>>27340773
I'm playing through green with
>Nidorina
>Jigglypuff
>Paras
Plan to also use Dodrio, Electrode, and Seaking. Idea was to use things that are generally shitty or outclassed by something else. Dodrio isn't bad but I've used Pidgeot and Fearow so many times. Only other option for a normal/flying is Farfetchd but that's suffering. Unless y'all can convince me to use it.
>>
Not OP, but should I play the original or the GBA remake first? I'm new yes ;_;
>>
>>27341649
Are you new to pokemon altogether?
>>
File: 89peru.png (10KB, 400x300px)
89peru.png
10KB, 400x300px
>>27340951
I came here to say this. I love using Persian in Blue.
>>
>>27341687
I only played ruby when I was younger, so yes
>>
>>27341700
Start with the original, then. It's hilariously fun, plus it's always good to get a feel for original games. The shit graphics and mechanics will make you appreciate the later games more.
>>
>>27341649
Honestly, Gen III is how the originals would have been if they had the technology at the time. There is very little reason to recommend the originals over the remakes except nostalgia. The remakes look, sound and play much better and are balanced better with more options for your teams thanks to the types added in Gen II. The only thing that would get tiresome is how Pokémon that evolved via friendship can't do so until you get the National Pokédex to preserve the "sanctity" (for want of a better word) of the originals, so get used to seeing a fairly annoying message if you have a Golbat or Chansey. Fortunately they learned from that mistake with the GSC remakes and just renumbered the Regional Pokédex.
>>
File: 1436626868765.png (70KB, 500x500px)
1436626868765.png
70KB, 500x500px
>>27341755
Thank you, I will do that then
>>
>>27341770
>two seconds before my post
kek, now I feel conflicted
>>
>>27341792
It can't hurt to start with original. If you get bored, just move to a different game.
>>
>>27340820
Jynx has a fun stab combo. She's also a psychic type so she's far from the worst choice you could make for a team member.
>>
File: theAteam.png (375KB, 1778x250px) Image search: [Google]
theAteam.png
375KB, 1778x250px
>>27340773
>>
>>27340773
Playing through FireRed right now (with re-colored gen1 sprites), at Rock Tunnel. Team is:
>Ivysaur
>Pikachu
>Gyarados
>Pidgeotto

Planning on going:
>Venusaur
>Raichu
>Gyarados
>Pidgeot
>Arcanine
>Snorlax
>>
Venusaur
Pidgeot
Raticate
Beedrill
Butterfree
Primeape

Best team ever, trust me
>>
>>27341614
>>27341456
He just needs to change his name to anonymous and remove the tripcode.
2 Hours ago 3 users got warnings for the alomamola shit.
>>
Venusaur
Pidgeot
Sandshrew
Starmie
Arcanine
Raichu
>>
See I want Pokemon that I can get fairly early on so I don't have to grind one up to my team's level late in the game but I don't want weak ass bugs and birds.
>>
>>27340773
1. Starter

2. Buy the Magikarp before Mt. Moon

3. Do the Mew Glitch for a Gengar

4. Put the nugget from nugget bridge as your sixth item. Do the Mew Glitch to encounter a Missingo. Sell all the nuggets and buy a Dratini

5. Catch a Snorlax

6. Use the Eevee
>>
>>27342349

Before the first gym:
Nidoking/Nidoqueen
Pikachu/Raichu

Before the second gym:
Magikarp/Gyarados
Jigglypuff/Wigglytuff
Clefairy/Clefable
Oddish/Glood
Abra/Kadabra

With the Mew Glitch, you can get: Cubone, Lapras, Gengar, Rhyhorn, Cloyster, or Mew before the second gym

For a real challenge, it's always better to use 3 or 4 Pokemon
>>
>>27341770
I've read that the Sevii Islands (at least the first three) were planned for Red and Green but were left out due to space and time constraints. Though I can't find any official word on this, I like to think it might be possible, if seemingly unlikely.
>>
Venusaur
Kadabra
Graveler
Haunter
Pidgeot
Raichu
>>
>>27342611
thats a lot of trade-evolutions, makes me sad to see. I really liked Alakazam and Gengar and Golem growing up and never had anyone to trade with to get them.
>>
>>27340773
In no particular order because I don't really remember where to find everything:
Starter of your choice
Cloyster/Slowbro
Machamp
Gengar
Dodrio
Snorlax
If you don't want to use your starter then victreebel
If you can't get trade evos then:
Starter
Cloyster/Slowbro
Dodrio
Snorlax
Victreebel
Magneton
And again if no starter, ninetails/arcanine
>>
>>27341890
I know it's not the point of this thread but 5/6 amazing taste
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.