[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

dude casuals lmao

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 2468.png (182KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
2468.png
182KB, 400x300px
Hi /vp/

I play Pokemon very casually, played every version at least to some degree haven't beaten most of them though because I fall off at some point. Given that I barely know what the fuck I'm doing there were always a bunch of stereotypes about how to win in this game and I was wondering how much most of them actually hold up. Stereotypes like

>get a team that covers all type weaknesses, switch to the type you need and oneshot your opponent
>always attack and don't waste your time doing atk/def/evasiveness/whatever increases and decreases
>don't bother with status changes unless they do damage over time
>just evolve your Pokemon as soon as you can
>daycare center, breeding and whatever are too much of a hassle

and so on and so forth. I'm almost positive that a lot of these don't actually hold up but for someone like me just throwing out effective damage gets you pretty far in this game and makes most non-attacks seem superfluous. Nevermind that every version I just see more and more fancy moves added and never use any of them because it feels redundant.

When do these games usually force you to learn all the ins and outs? Can most version's endgames be beaten with this attitude? Do you need to get into PvP?
What are other casual beliefs that don't actually hold up in your experience?
>>
>>27338338
Casual shit will get you through the entire game. It's a kid game, after all. You only really need to git gud for pvp.
>>
>>27338338
This is all true for ingame. It is a waste of time to use status changes/stat increasing moves/etc.

Breeding is necessary to complete the Pokédex too, but not in the same way.

I am not interested in competitive playing, so I play this way. I don't consider myself a casual as I understand game mechanics and I have been playing all the games.
>>
>>27338338
If you can't beat the Pokemon in-game you're fucking retarded. Just use only your starter to battle and HM slaves to get around. That level 50 Blaziken is gonna fucking DICK on Flannery, and so on.
>>
>>27338338
I didn't use boosting moves until gen 6 because I liked the animation, and my excavalier could set up and one hit a whole team so easily
>>
>>27338338
Most games can be beaten with this approach, although some end games will prove very difficult without statuses and stat boosting.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.