[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rate Hydreigon's design

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7

File: 1200px-635Hydreigon.png (696KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-635Hydreigon.png
696KB, 1200x1200px
Rate Hydreigon's design
>>
>>27336207
8/10
>>
7/10
pretty solid
>>
10/10
>>
2/10
Its weird to hace stand on your feet which are also your faces.
>>
>>27336207
9/10, I love Puppet Show no Orochi
>>
Overrated. 7/10.
>>
9.6/10
>>
P. cool (pretty cool)

That's saying something because I usually hate dragons
>>
File: hiroyuki_nishimura1.jpg (238KB, 961x631px) Image search: [Google]
hiroyuki_nishimura1.jpg
238KB, 961x631px
How does this work? If a Pokemon hatches from an egg, and there are over 4 different moves it learns at level 1, what moves does it come out knowing? Is it just a random 4
>>
>>27336207
Dodrio/10
It adds more heads on it. That's it.
>>
>dark doesn't mean evil you retard, it means they fight dirty!

Explain this for hydreigon
>>
>>27336372

No, the only reason they do shit like that is so that they can have heart scale exclusive moves
>>
Not as bad as people say it is/10
>>
>>27336396
OK so what moves does it come out of the egg knowing. Take Heracross for example like in my picture. What moves would that Heracross come out of the egg knowing?
>>
>>27336207
8/10
the wings are kinda weird.
>>
File: 1469169215555.jpg (79KB, 684x1097px) Image search: [Google]
1469169215555.jpg
79KB, 684x1097px
>>27336389
It's the Brutal Pokemon. Brutality could suggest fighting dirty. It even gets Berserker Blade in the TCG, so apparently it's just a savage asshole who fucks up everything.

I'm more curious how shit like Spiritomb fits the dirty fighter excuse.
>>
>>27336207
garbage/10
it doesn't have any legs to walk on, its wings don't look like they should be able to support it's body, and its fucking hands are heads which must be extremely unpleasant in every way
it's also got a weird fucking pink thing around its head
>>
>>27336207
>flower head
>horrible horizontal lines
>dead eyes

3/10
>>
>>27336207
5.5/10
The concept is much better than the actual design. I want to like it more than I actually do and it gets worse the more I look at it.
>>
> Dead, emotionless eyes
> Puppet hands that are also heads.
> Stubby legs that just limply hang.
> Fat torso
> Weird ribbon-like wings.

I was really excited when I heard there was a Hydra Pokemon as the Unova dex was leaking, but sadly nothing about Hydreigon works for me. Legit one of my least-liked designs ever.

1/10
>>
File: 50212541_p1_master1200.jpg (133KB, 820x660px) Image search: [Google]
50212541_p1_master1200.jpg
133KB, 820x660px
>>27336207
9/10. Not my favorite Dragon, but still way up there. Pairing it with Sylveon makes it a 10/10.
>>
6/10
Something with him just doesn't stick with me, even though I like the "edgy" stuff. The posture is awkward, and he only looks intimidating because of colors and eyes, when you think about it.
>>
3/10 if it was real it would just be failing around on the floor saying kill me.... they should have give it legs or better wings or at least give it a mega where it has them ...
>>
10/10 one my favorite pokemon
>>
>>27336207
9/10
>>
>>27336207
I like Zweilous and Deino a lot more, but it's not terrible.
6/10
>>
>>27336207
10/10 My current No. 1 favorite Pokemon. Pre-Gen 5 it was Tyranitar, who I instantly fell in love with when I saw the Celebi movie. But when I saw Hydreigon on the Unova roster on Serebii, it's design alone made me fall for it like I did when I first saw Ttar.
Yeah it gets hate on for such design quirks like the legs(it's called vestigial limbs guys), wings, and the fact that it's two lesser heads are attached to the arms, but IMO it makes Hydreigon more unique than what probably have made for the generic multi-headed dragon look. Gives it that Pokemon charm.

Anyways, whIle I can defend and ignore some of the criticism its design gets, I'm mostly curious about one complaint: What's wrong the eyes? If I'm gonna be honest, the eyes are mostly what makes Hydreigon my favorite. No other optical design is like that on other Pokemon.
>>
>>27339036
>it's my favorite cause it looks like shit and that makes it unique
>>
File: 634.png (27KB, 404x387px) Image search: [Google]
634.png
27KB, 404x387px
>>27336207
8/10
The only flaw is the legs. It makes no sense that Zweilous had muscular forelimbs but it's evolution retained the less developed hind-limbs instead. In the official art, the legs even look like they're unable to allow it to stand on the ground. The design would be completely immobile unless it flies.
-1 for leg design
-1 for downgrading Zweious land mobility
>>
>>27336389
Dark pokemon are pretty much those who fight dirty, but they're also the bullies of their environment. They're really violent, which is why crawdaunt and hydreigon are part dark.

Also dark type is literally evil type in Japan,
>>
9/10

Great design, love the wings
>>
>>27336280
What?
>>
>>27339064
Why the fuck would it stand on the ground?
>>
I love hydreigon 4x weak to fairy is shit though

Steel/Dragon mega?

MECHA KING GHIDORAH
>>
File: Cretaceous_King Ghidorah.jpg (84KB, 600x592px) Image search: [Google]
Cretaceous_King Ghidorah.jpg
84KB, 600x592px
>>27339098
If King Ghidorah can why not Hydreigon? Again maybe if it's legs were similar to Zweious forelimbs the design would've been perfect. Because the "land immobile" legs lessens the fearful opponent vibe" the design is supposed to convey.
>>
4/10

I've seen worse but wow is this design just all over the fucking place. Six wings that don't look like wings, a feather-y head? Two toothless mouth hands with eye colorization but no eyes. Did it devolve its legs?

>>27339064
It's second evo in the line is much better. At least it looks like it could be something that exists as a living thing.
>>
I wish Hydreigon learned sludge bomb. It can learn like a hundred moves but not it? Thanks
>>
>>27339059
You must be a real sad sack of shit irl buddy.
>>
>>27340728
Add thunderbolt and aura sphere in there.
>>
>>27339196
>Did it devolve its legs?

Kinda. I don't know why this is the most troubling design point for most. It makes sense from a biological standpoint that a creature that can keep itself aloft indefinitely via six wings would have its legs atrophied, because walking isn't a necessity anymore.
>>
>>27336207
5/10
I was very disappointed seeing Deino getting slowly worse.
Also for being a "hydra" its fictional or whatever heads are retarded, especially considering it evolves from Zweillous.
Hideous color palette, ugly purple plated stripes, uglier purple main or what is it even on heads that look like a flower reference or some shit. What even happened to its wings? I thought Giratina already had that gimmick and that fucking tail tip, looks like rotten or burnt.
I don't understand how they did fuck up the Deino>Zweillous linearity with Hydreigon, what becomes the hand-heads pair? Zweillous' heads or frontal legs? What happened to its rear legs? They look like Latis jet wings or something.
Another thing that bothers me is the reptile main head like design (including the dead eyes) that didn't even appear on the previous stages. It's like Hydreigon was designed by another artist.

>inb4kingmemereference&betatankdesignapologists

Deino 8.5/10
Zweillous 7/10
Hydreigon 5/10

The fact it doesn't have a HA or more solid boosting moves to compense the meme speed base makes me hate it even more.

Positive aspect, in BW (not in the BW2 ultra-nerfed sequel), Ghetsis' Hydreigon was a good challenge at least.
It's a scary Pokemon yes, but isn't exactly something I'd also call good design.

>>27336461
It's composed by 108 mischievous spirits.
>>
one of my favorite pokemon desu, if it ever got a mega down the line the wings need to be turned into extra heads
>>
10/10 loved it since the Gen V dex leaked
>>
I wish it kept its prevos' cute bob cuts
>>
3heads/10

>it's okay when unova uses the 3 head scapegoat
>it's okay when it does it 4 gens later
>>
>>27339156
Because Hydreigon isn't King Ghidorah and has fucking Levitate?
Why doesn't Bronzor stand on the ground?
>>
File: latest[1].png (2MB, 1566x881px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
2MB, 1566x881px
the idea is okay but

1) the feet aren't finished. its feet look like a torn piece of tape

2) it's wings are stupid looking why not give it actual dragon wings

3) it's too small. dragons should be big.
>>
>>27336207
6/10
The poor thing canĀ“t fap
>>
>>27342407
>implying it doesn't fuck other Pokemon
>>
>>27342406
You have a point, but at least they didn't give him salamence's construction paper wings. Both are favorites of mine, but damn, those wings...
>>
>>27342407
self blowjobs
>>
In pokemon amie, Hydriegeon will use all three heads when you feed it sweets.

10/10, would play with.

Also, that move pool. Holy shit, it learns everything.
>>
>>27336207
It should evolve by having one of its heads cut off and growing another 3 back
>>
all these unova apologists
pfff :3c
>>
Honestly, the majority of Dragon types have wierd/unrealistic wing designs:
>Dragonite's wings too small for its body
>Salamance's cardboard cutouts
>Flygon's hexagon shaped wings
>Druddigon's jagged wings

Only Charizard, Noivern, and Reshiram have realistic wing designs/proportions.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.