[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>open Pokemon GO >find a gym >Vaporeon is the lead gym holder

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: image.png (104KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
104KB, 320x287px
>open Pokemon GO
>find a gym
>Vaporeon is the lead gym holder
>>
>>27334964
>open Pokemon Go
>find a gym
>take it down on my own with my 2 best pokemon, pain in the ass but I get it
>put 2nd highest CP pokemon in the gym with great skills
>leave
>some faggot comes by to take it
>stand no chance because gym defense is nonexistent
>get hammered because faggot takes on first level of the gym, all his 'mons faint, he revives them and potions them up, and continues to fight until the prestige is down to the last level
>he cycles through all 6 of his pokemon to fight my 1 and he wins, because again, gym defense doesn't exist and defenders stand no chance
>sticks 44 metapod in the gym
>costanza.jpeg
>>
>>27334964
>open android emulator and Pokemon GO
>warp to my favorite gym list
>Vaporeon is the lead gym holder
>proceed to rape it with my Tangela
>Get 100 coins
>???
Profit!
>>
>>27335737
Yeah if you want to keep a gym you gotta capture it with a bunch of friends/randos from the same team.
>>
>open Pokemon GO
>walk around my shitty town with fuck all in it
>find a gym
>1795 Flareon followed by a bunch of other 1.5k mons
>Strongest mon is a 1.2k Victreebel
>No other gyms for about 4 mile

JUST
>>
>>27335880

Calling bullshit m8, Tangela has the best chance against Vaporeon but Vaporeon still wrecks it.
>>
>open Pokemon GO
>Blue Gyms as far as the eye can see
>All Vaporeon, Snorlax, Hypno

wakemeupinside.png

>I lead a gym with Jolteon
>3 wins

Water mons BTFO
for now.
>>
Can anyone explain what's the deal with vaporeon?
>>
>>27335948
It's basically the strongest pokemon in this game
>>
>>27335965
But why is it so fucking OP
>>
>>27335971
It has the highest stats or something idk
>>
>>27335971
>>27335948
Vaporeon has a really high CP without trying to hard. My 600 eevee becomes a 1700 vaporeon. Its basic attack is so quick and does so much damage that it can beat anything even if it has type advantage.
>>
>>27335737
I'm level 7 and I don't understand this at all.
>>
>>27335948
>>27335971
>>27335982

It has one of the highest max CP ceilings in the game (~2900), surpassed only by Snorlax, Dragonite and the legends, so it generally always has a higher base CP level than 90% of other pokemon when freshly acquired

Since very few people spend a lot of time actually powering up their mons past their starting stats, Vaporeon will generally be stronger than not-Vaporeons. This can be circumvented if you happen to have powered up one Pokemon to its max level, but once again, very few people actually spend their stardust on that

Why is Vaporeon so OP? All of the CP levels in the game are completely arbitrary, so somebody on Niantic just probably really likes Vaporeon (and hates Jolteon, whose max Cup is like 2400)
>>
>>27336045
Vaporeon nerf patch when?
>>
>>27334964
Guilty as charged. Only because I evolved 2 Eevees and all became Vaporeons.
>>
>>27336045

It isn't entirely arbitrary. Vaporeon is the strongest eeveelution, always has been. The biggest issue isn't even Vaporeon, it's that gym defense isn't a thing.
>>
>>27336117
My bad, 3* Eevees.
>>
>>27336119

It's got the highest HP, but Umbreon out-tanks it and Jolteon is much faster and better at sweeping with the same Special Attack. Fine for the bulky water niche, but each of the Eeveelutions have identical base stat totals and are meant to do different things
>>
>>27336119
it has identical BST with all other Eeveelutions though - it should have equal CP with the others but it doesn't.

Also Flareon outranks Jolteon in CP as well, so your reasoning doesn't hold up in that regard.
>>
>>27336284

Yeah okay that's bullshit, Flareon is trash.
>>
>Favorite trio bird is Zapdos
>it's the weakest of the three birds in Go

>Favorite Eeveelution is Jolteon
>It's the weakest Eeveelution in Go

WAKE ME UP
>>
>>27336448
>it's the weakest of the three birds in Go
What? If anything its stat spread makes it sound like the strongest. Plus it has electric which is SE against the other two. Your only threat is Articuno, who is weak to both Zapdos and Moltres. If anything that makes it the worst of the three.
>>
>>27336448
>Jolteon relies on speed
>Speed doesn't mean shit in GO
They couldn't just make attack speed be based on a pokemon's speed? Instead moves have their own speed.
And since type advantage is only 1.2x instead of 2x, a Jolteon and Vaporeon at identical stats with their best moves still ends with Vaporeon winning.
>>
>>27336637
>Plus it has electric which is SE against the other two.
SE doesn't mean a thing in this game.
>>
>>27336448
Isn't zapdos the strongest of the trio?
>>
File: IMG_20160724_022005.jpg (41KB, 532x404px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160724_022005.jpg
41KB, 532x404px
>>27336045
>mfw my fave mon of all time is a killing machine
>mfw the fucking game isn't available in my country yet
>>
File: REEEEEEEE.gif (1MB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEE.gif
1MB, 680x680px
>>27335919

I feel you, I live in an even worse area, the suburbs of a really small town, not even the town itself.

There is literally nothing for around 2 miles in any direction. For some reason though there are always Eevee's and Hitmons in my street though.

If I run out of pokeballs I have to walk 2 miles into town to find my nearest pokestop and I'll encounter pretty much nothing but Weedle and Rattata along the way.

>mfw I use Pokevision to look at other areas of the world and they all have insane shit like Dragonair and Scyther spawning when I have two Rattata and a Weedle in my area.
>>
>>27336975
yes it is
in every aspect
>>
Vaporeon has more HP, but my 1569 Jolteon BTFO some 16?? Vaporeon the other day.

Learn to dodge and use your special attacks,

git gud scrubs
>>
>>27336975
>only one whose main STAB is super effective against the other two
what do you think
>>
>>27335737
>costanza.jpeg

You are a ray of light through this hell that are finals, thank you
>>
File: e98.jpg (19KB, 600x705px) Image search: [Google]
e98.jpg
19KB, 600x705px
>see mystic gym with 400-700 cp shitmon at the beach
>take down gym
>open items menu
>put potions on strongest pokemon who singlehandedly stomped everyone in it
>get out of items menu
>300 cp from mystic takes it over
>take it down
>items
>heal
>close
>400 cp pidgeot from mystic
stoooopppp iiit
>>
>>27340072
*300 cp slowpoke
>>
>>27340072
Just dont use the pokemon you want to put in to defeat the gym, its that simple
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.