[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Foongus Theory

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: Laverre_City_XY[1].png (924KB, 559x640px) Image search: [Google]
Laverre_City_XY[1].png
924KB, 559x640px
Right, so this theory is pretty weak, I've been sitting on it for years since X and Y came out. I was waiting for potential X and Y sequels to perhaps give us more information to go off of, but that isn't happening so oh well.

The theory is that Foongus were first created in Laverre City. There's not a lot to go off of but there's some evidence. First of all, Laverre City is absolutely covered in mushrooms, specifically red mushrooms with white spots. This isn't surprising, that's amanita muscaria. It's the most well-known mushroom in popular culture and has historically been a symbol of strange magic, and doubly often is depicted with fairies. Foongus is based on exactly such mushrooms, and the game designers placed wild Foongus on the route directly east of Laverre. (You can't encounter wild pokémon in the city.)

So already you can see they intentionally made it so Foongus were able to be found next to Laverre. This might be for other reasons than just attention to detail, however. The Pokédex states that no one knows how Foongus came to resemble a pokéball. Now the only other clue to this theory: there is a Pokéball Factory in Laverre City. Is it not slightly suspicious, that the very place pokéballs are manufactured in Kalos, is the same area with tons of mushroom and wild Foongus?

The theory is that some sort of fairy-magic-bullshit went down a long time ago, maybe some local mushrooms fell onto the conveyor belt, or a batch of defective pokéballs were dumped in the forest next to some trees. But somehow, the Pokéball Factory lead local fungi to mutate into Foongus.
>>
But foongus are native to Unova anon no Kalos.
>>
>>27334632
Good theory, but how did they get to Unova?
>>
>>27334663
Spores on the clothes and luggage of immigrants.
>>
>>27334651
Says who? They're equally likely to be local to either region. Just because WE saw them first in Unova doesn't mean they come form there. And in fact Murkrow, Houdour and Slugma appear to be native to Kanto. Plus I wouldn't be surprised if Alomomola were native to Alola.
>>
>>27334663

The same way Corphish found its way into Hoenn.
>>
>>27334687
Alomomola makes sense since his species are found in Hawaii in the first place.
Foongus,however it originated from Unova same with all the other GEN V mons,even the game says you that.
>>
>>27334632
why not the other way round?

As pokéball makers moved from natural apricorns to the synthetic pokéballs, they took inspiration from the Amoongus surrounding the city in their first designs.
>>
>>27334841
This is what I always thought, ever since Gen V.

Voltorb and Electrode are mimics, sure, but Foongus and Amoongus were literally the muses after which Pokéballs were designed. Someone saw their unique patterns and just simply went 'yep that's what our new Pokéballs should look like'.
>>
>>27334877
How does Magearna fit into all that? So many questions that have no answer.
>>
>>27335477
Foongus have been around for a long time. Magearna has only been around for 500 years. It's not that hard.
>>
>>27334725
>Foongus,however it originated from Unova same with all the other GEN V mons,even the game says you that.

It lures people in with its Poké Ball pattern, then releases poison spores. Why it resembles a Poké Ball is unknown.
For some reason, this Pokémon resembles a Poké Ball. They release poison spores to repel those who try to catch them.
It lures prey close by dancing and waving its arm caps, which resemble Poké Balls, in a swaying motion.
They show off their Poké Ball caps to lure prey, but very few Pokémon are fooled by this.
It moves the caps on both arms and does a dance to lure prey. It prefers damp places.

Literally nothing specific about them being native to Unova
>>
>>27334651
>>27334725
Who knows. For example we see Yungoos for the very first time in Alola and we already know its not Alola-native
>>
>>27334725
Alomomola

Literally poetry
>>
>Kangaskhan first appeared in Kanto, but in a Safari, isn't Kanto native.
>Lucario first appeared in Sinnoh, but in an egg, ins't Sinnoh native.
>Yungoos first appeared in Alola, but website says that ins't Alola native.
Who knows about Foongus's origin region?

Whatever, this theory is shit

Humans see Foongus design -> they love it -> Eliphas create Magearna -> people makes pokeball with apricorn
>>
>>27337229
Who says that Foongus couldn't have evolved to mimic pokeballs?
>>
>>27337301
Me, John Gamefreak III, so shut up, cunt
>>
>>27337229
Togepi was also seen as an egg. Looks like it is native from Sinnoh, and we first see its last evolution there.
>>
>>27337312
>III
>>
>>27337229
Yeah, Foongus could have just been the basis for the design of the Silph Co. Pokeball.
>>
>>27337301
Pokeballs have way too recent of a creation date to have any true evolution and even more recent for iconic red pokeballs.
>>
>>27337229
>>27337301
>>27337936
The truth is that GF gives zero shit about lore, logical explaination...etc
That's why they create pokemon based on man-made stuff
>>
>>27338347
Klink and its evolutions evolved in the last hundred years.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.