[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to experience Pokemon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: da954a7359b01f641571fdc1415f79ca.jpg (707KB, 2331x950px) Image search: [Google]
da954a7359b01f641571fdc1415f79ca.jpg
707KB, 2331x950px
tl;dr I want to get back into the handhelds, what order should I do it in?

Years ago I played the fuck out of Red/Blue/Yellow, lots of kids back in my middle school were trading, battling during lunch/recess and so on. My copy of Pokemon Red still has all 151 pokemon on it and with the recent explosion of Pokemon Go I.. think I have some catching up to do with the handheld games. Money is not an issue from the various prices I seen locally and on ebay.

Do I go through the natural progression of the pokemon games? Personally for me it would be picking up Crystal, then Emerald, Platinum, Black or White 2, X or Y and eventually Sun or Moon

Or should I go for the "updated" route: LeafGreen, HGSS, ORAS, Platinum, B/W2, X/Y?

Or something I did not think of.
>>
I'd personally go FR/LG to Emerald to HG/SS to Platinum to B2/W2 to OR/AS to X/Y but you can be flexible and you don't have to play every game.

And yeah, the "updated" versions are generally better than the originals.
>>
>>27331729
This, but play BW before BW2. You'll appreciate the game more that way.
>>
Oh so BW2 are direct sequels to BW? weird
>>
You can skip old gens and just go to their remakes. Play one of each region and go in console order.
FRLG > HGSS > Platinum > BW > BW2 (link the saves) > XY > ORAS > SM
Alternatively skip ORAS and lay Emerald, but youll miss all additions and lots of legends for your dex.
>>
>>27331691
Just play the latest version, the only thing different among games is the story and that's not something you're meant to care about. If you really want to know what's this BF everyone talks about then play Emerald and HGSS but the others are just a waste of time.
>>
>>27331813
And they are the game with most content in the series. But if you are just rushing to catch up maybe you wont have the patience to appreciate all its postgame.
BW2 are the best games tied with HGSS. The only negative thin about them is that the story is mediocre compared to BW. But hey, nobody plays Pokémon for the story
>>
>>27331813
Black and White 2 are to Black and White what Gold/Silver/Crystal were to Red/Blue/Yellow
>>
>>27331691
Original or Yellow > Snap > Stadium > Pinball for like 20 minutes and fuck off > skip Gold/Silver/Crystal > play Emerald > play Platinum > Rest > play HGSS > White 1 or Black 2 > X or Y >ORAS is super optional because gimped but the journey's quicker though.
>>
>>27331820
>(link the saves)

explain pls. pretend i'm retarded and have absolutely no idea what you're talking about
>>
>>27332319

Bump to second this. I'm trying to get back into the series but I can't find a way to link all the games to make it "one big playthrough". The only thing I thought would be to name your character the same thing across all games, but I haven't played since original Sapphire.
>>
>>27334220
>>27332319
Black2 and White2 have a feature called "Memory Link" to connect to Black or White wirelessly (Using two DS iirc) which unlocks some extra dialogue, some extra battles with characters from B/W, and some other stuff.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.