[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

-Eat the fucking Sun! -B-but I'm weak to fir- -EAT IT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 13

File: eat your sun solgaleo.jpg (227KB, 1200x725px) Image search: [Google]
eat your sun solgaleo.jpg
227KB, 1200x725px
-Eat the fucking Sun!
-B-but I'm weak to fir-
-EAT IT
>>
10/10 Meme right there,good job
>>
Thank you, reddit.
>>
>>27330076
sun/=fire

but niice meme
>>
File: NOBULLY.jpg (498KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
NOBULLY.jpg
498KB, 700x700px
>>27330076
DO NOT BULLY THE SOLGALEO
>>
>>27330143
Exactly! The sun is water type in the pokemon charts.
>>
>>27330076
This is honestly better than the hurr durr solgaleo es weak to fire threads, but still annoying. +1 for the chuckle though
>>
>>27330558
some are trolls, some are literal retards who won't look up lore
like people who always think Absol or Bisharp are edgy just because Dark type+Blades they MUST be edgy then
when their Pokedex entries say the exact opposite
Bisharp is your standard knight in armor, not exactly known for being edgy, just a soldier
and Absol being misunderstood all the time
people never learn
>>
>>27330779
I'm so tired of this reaching alchemy bullshit justifications, fuck off you steel/psychic apologists.
>>
File: Sigma5.png (249KB, 640x356px) Image search: [Google]
Sigma5.png
249KB, 640x356px
>>27330076
>Sun eating lions
>>
>>27330818
what do you mean? really, can you explain what you mean
>>
>>27330076
Nuclear fission is fire/psychic
Nuclear fusion is steel/psychic
What's not to get?
>>
>>27330863
The sun-eating lion alchemy connections are just a way for fanboys to justify Gamefreak's retarded typing. There's no indication or proof there's an alchemy theme in the games, much less than Solgaleo is based on some shittily-drawn ancient bullshit image.
>>
EAT YOUR SUN SOLGALEO
>>
>>27330899
Your mom is on my dick.
My dick is in your mom.
What's not to get?
>>
>>27330903
so.... have you just not been on the internet in months? because there has been tons of people linking more than just Solgaleo having alchemy connections, a lot more actually
but assholes don't fucking care and would rather complain than search evidence. and even if you find that clear, evidence, you say that it's wrong
there are tons of alchemy connections to Sun and Moon in general, not just Solgaleo
if a pokemon is based off of something, then that's what it is
but that STILL doesn't please you
>>
>>27331005
>Sun legendary
>Weak to fucking fire
This is not acceptable. It's bullshit.
>>
>>27330903
>much less than Solgaleo is based on some shittily-drawn ancient bullshit image.
This. Like, if the official website said something like
>it is referred to with reverence as “the beast that devours the sun.”
i would understand, but hey.
>>
File: Green-lion--7star-eats-sun.jpg (60KB, 400x334px) Image search: [Google]
Green-lion--7star-eats-sun.jpg
60KB, 400x334px
Shiny Solgaleo better be green
>>
>>27331024
>sun legendary
>weak to fucking water
Way more retarded.
>>
>>27331024
alright then
Fire/Steel
now it's quad weak to ground, and deemed just a copy of another legendary
>>
File: 1398656046079.jpg (4KB, 113x132px) Image search: [Google]
1398656046079.jpg
4KB, 113x132px
>>27330903
>much less than Solgaleo is based on some shittily-drawn ancient bullshit image
>“the beast that devours the sun.” is a lion
>Being in denial this hard
>>
>>27331040
SOMETHING THAT IS SUPPOSED TO BITE INTO THE FUCKING SUN SHOULD BE RESISTANT OR IMMUNE TO FIRE, BECAUSE THE SUN FUCKING BURNS, OR AT THE VERY LEAST NOT WEAK
FUCK OFF
>>
>>27331024
>HURR THE SUN IS MADE OF FIRE!
Stop being retarded
>>
>>27330903
>Sun eating lion is an alchemical symbol for refining metal
>Solgaleo is a beast that eats the sun
>It's typing is Steel
>Stretch
I aint someone who believes in all those POKEMON DID 911 grade conspiracy theories, but it's pretty obvious what Solgaleo's inspiration is. That doesn't mean the game will have an alchemy theme (despite a number of things in recent games being traced back to alchemy themes) but it's clear what Solgaleo is inspired by
>>
>>27331024
It's not a sun legendary, it's the emissary of the sun.
>>
>>27331065
>SUN = FIRE
FUCK OFF
>>
>>27331065
IT LITERALLY DOESN'T BURN YOU FUCKING RETARDED PIECE OF SHIT.
COMBUSTION REQUIRES OXYGEN
THERE IS NO OXYGEN IN SPACE
LOOK UP FUSION YOU STUPID SHIT
>>
>>27331049
Kill yourself, at least it's not weak to fire.

>>27331055
Now it's perfect.

>>27331064
KIll yourself.

>>27331068
>Fire type has to be literal fire, heat, high temperatures and combustion can't be fire at all
Die.

>>27331070
No it isn't, stop fucking pushing this shit.
>>
>>27331065
Why people die to pufferfish then? They're eating the animal, they shouldn't die.
>>
>>27331095
>not believing the alchemy theory
Tell me then, what do you think it was inspired by?
>>
>>27331095
>sun is hot so it has to be fire
How about you die?
The heavy gravity and pressure of nuclear fusion makes sense as a steel/psychic. Heat is just an afterthought. Besides, Victini is already the antithesis of nuclear fusion.
>>
>>27331065
A pokemon's immunities and strengths does not always equate to "real world" situations. You go up against a fucking Beartric and toss a rock at it isn't going to have it squealing in pain, and throwing some grass on a Kingler isn't going to make it pass out. You throw a fire bomb at a fucking Feraligatr will probably hurt it even though it's a water/ground type, because it's fucking fire, regardless of typing, fire hurts. Typing only matters when it's being used by another Pokemon, because Pokemon possess power, and strength behind their attacks.
>>
>>27331151
A lion's mane looks like a sun by itself and lions have been associated to the sun several times in history. The alchemy meme shit is just one aspect of this association.

>>27331157
>Heat is not one of the central defining features of the sun
>Sunny Day empowers fire moves
>Solgaleo is at DISADVANTAGE when it's sunny
Stop posting anytime.

>>27331195
It's still fucking retarded. You are telling me there's a lion legendary that either lives on or eats the sun and then a fire type move from a random pokemon on Earth hits it supereefectively? BULLSHIT.
>>
>>27331095
Not just alchemy. In the old world, during the time of alchemy, the sun was not seen as a ball of fire, it was seen as a ball of molten iron.
>>
File: wut.jpg (25KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
25KB, 600x512px
>>27331195
>Feraligatr
>Water/Ground
>but even worse
>being autistic enough to argue about Pokemon logic
>>
None of these threads make sense. While the sun may not burn, it is still fucking hot. Lots of pokemon are fire type and they have no fire on them. It is strange that Solgaleo would be weak to heat, considering it has relation to the sun. Not difficult to grasp.
>>
>>27331228
Suns are defined by fusing elements together and providing UV radiation to orbiting planets. The heat is just a byproduct. Besides, Solarbeam is a grass move and Morning Sun is normal.
>>
>>27331228
>Sunny day is called CLEAR SKIES in japan, so that immediately drops that proof
>>
>>27331258
Finally a reasonable post, thank you.
>>
>>27331228
Why is it bullshit? Using that logic, it should be bullshit that a Hitmonlee could walk up to Arceus and break it's neck with one kick, despite it being GOD. In reality, Solgaleo most likely does not dwell in the sun, cause thats silly. It's description is clearly taken from ancient texts of past civilizations, which would revere some mighty Pokemon that can glow like the fucking sun as something related to the sun. Until we know the story of Pokemon Sun, we can't say for sure Solgaleo has any direct connection or interaction with the sun.
>>
>>27330903
>There's no indication or proof there's an alchemy theme in the games
>What is Project AZOTH?
>What is the recent Pokemon movie taking place in the Azoth Kingdom?
>What is Azoth being called the Elixir of Life in alchemy?
>What is Magearna being created by a man named Eliphas?
>What is Eliphas being inspired by the real life Eliphas Levi who wrote a book on the creation of Azoth?
>What is Solgaleo officially being called "the beast that devours the sun"?
>What is "the beast that devours the sun" being a reference to actual alchemical symbolism?
>What is you being in denial this fucking hard?

For the first time we're having a really fucking interesting story element in the games but here you are being a whiny bitch.
>>
File: Solgaleo-RadiantSunPhase.png (815KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Solgaleo-RadiantSunPhase.png
815KB, 1280x1280px
>>27331258
It's related to the sun because it lights up like the fucking sun.
>>
>>27331313
So you watch Game Theory too?????? :O
EPIC XD
High five, fellow alchemy-bro!
>>
>>27331313
Some people theorize Lunala is based on Astronomy, which is also deeply tied with alchemy
>>
>>27331337
Actually I did my own research. I didn't even know Game Theory did a video on this topic.
>>
>>27331333
>all these babbies whine
>when this form probably has a tie to fire anyway
just fucking wait before you complain, you idiots
>>
>>27331228

>>Sunny Day empowers fire moves
>>Solgaleo is at DISADVANTAGE when it's sunny

THIS
>>
>>27331258
It is strange that Sunflora would be weak to heat, considering it has relation to the sun. Not difficult to grasp.
>>
>>27331333
Fucking tard
>>
>>27331384
>Clear Skies
FTFY
>>
>>27331390
It's a flower, dipshit. Solgaleo has a diefic relation to the sun, and no obvious steel hallmarks. Sunflora is a plant that is burned by fire.
>>
>>27330076
One billion Solgaleos vs the sun: who wins?
>>
>>27331333
>It's related to the sun because it lights up like the fucking sun
So Pokemon like Lanturn would also be related to the sun then just because they light up?
Fuck, you're even MORE autistic than >>27331228, if not the same sperg.
>>
>>27330076

Lunala is the superior mon.

Anyone who chooses Sun over Moon is subhuman
>>
>>27331412
no he is known as the beast who devours the sun, not the representation of the sun. learn the difference
>>
>>27331442
>dies from shadow ball
I like it, but it's kind of bad
>>
>>27330076
Hahaha, LOL! Epic meme my friend! Sharing this on reddit! XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

:^)
>>
>>27331412
>Solgaleo has a diefic relation to the sun
What is this relation? Please tell me all about this Pokemon's lore. I want to know.

>Sunflora is a plant that is burned by fire
So? The SUN Pokemon shouldn't be weak to fire, no?
>>
>>27331395
>Clear skies don't imply it being sunny
>>
>>27330903
>>27331005
>>27331228
>>27331313

Lion eating Sun = alchemical symbol
Sun Lion = alchemical symbol
Skeleton = alchemical symbol
Sun = obviously alchemical symbol
Moon = obviously alchemical symbol
Synchro = Fuse, literally alchemical concept (Sun = Gold = Soul, Moon = Silver = Spirit and Earth = Physical body)
Nature and machine fused = Magearna, a living version of Ultimate Weapon
Ultimate Weapon = Azoth, the inmortality, live, death, nature, god
Project AZOTH = Literally about Ultimate Weapon's energy
Dragon/Wolf (Zygarde doge) = alchemical symbol
Dual snakes (Z1 and Z2) = alchemical symbol
Entity with X and Y chromosome (Zygarde 100%) = androginy, alchemical symbol
AZOTH (Zygarde 100%) = The Earth, the Sun, the Moon, the planets, the dragon, the androginy (X and Y), the life, the death, the order, the nature, the universal mercury, the God's blood
Starters and Rockruff = literally alchemical symbols
AND the Steel and Ghost type (Steel = Lion eating the sun, metals purity and the growth of plants, LIFE, like Xerneas & Ghost = putrescence, DEATH, like Yveltal).
>>
>>27331483
>SUNNY day also increases the healing power of MOONlight
does that make sense? no
>Clear skies increases the power of Moonlight
that, makes sense
>>
>>27331423
Lanturn doesn't have a sun shaped mane and a full body, blinding GLOWING LIKE THE FUCKING SUN form. Perhaps it would be stupid in modern times, but back in ancient times, if you were some toga wearing cunt back in the old days and you see this huge fucking lion pokemon run up with a big ass sun shaped mane and he just explodes with bright light, you'd probably think "Oh yeah, that guys got an in with the sun"
>>
File: secret.png (480KB, 1024x1536px) Image search: [Google]
secret.png
480KB, 1024x1536px
>>27331489
ups, pic
>>
>>27331489
Die alchemyfag
>>
>>27331483
I hope you know that a sky with no clouds where you can see the stars at night is also a clear sky.
>>
>>27331024
Honestly, that part I can agree with. They could have made Full Metal Body work with the "Uses the sun to purify metals" theme and have it so that it's immune to fire moves, with each time it gets hit raising Attack or something

But we got reskinned Clear Body instead
>>
>>27331444
I never said representation you shit
>>
>>27331513
Solrock isn't fire either. Get over it.
>>
>>27331473
Exactly what I'm saying, all we know is that it eats the sun. Speculation is useless, we are only speaking of typing. And no, it shouldn't be weak to sun, all you do is confirm my points.
>>
>>27331521
Seriously, you cant deny all this shit

Why you dont acept that gen 6 is about alchemy?
>>
>>27331567
Die
>>
>>27331565
>all we know is that it eats the sun
No, we know that IT'S CALLED the beast that eats the sun. Arceus has 1000 arms but i can't see them and it can't learn any punching move.

>all you do is confirm my points
No?
>>
>>27331040
It isn't related to this. It's a dumb theory.
>>
>>27331489
>Magearna - Obviously an ancient pokeball, even has a fucking pholosphers stone embeded in it that steals life from fainted pokemon to power itself
>Alchemy has concepts about capturing souls and energy from someone and move them about, and reanimating those souls, oh gee that sure sounds familiar
I dont buy into all those fucking theories, but this shit is clearly intended
>>
>>27331601
Yes? It's probably called the Beast that Eats the Sun for a reason, don't you think? You aren't providing any evidence that it isn't tied to the sun in some way.
>>
I actually can't believe how butthurt people are becoming over this. Steel is weak to fire, but EVERYTHING should be weak to THE FUCKING SUN. If Solgaleo eats THE FUCKING SUN, it's probably because he bypassed the in-game battle mechanics in doing so.
>Pidgeot flies at mach 2 but is equal in speed to miltank
>Gastly got wrecked by Donphan in gen 2
>There are legends about Xatu in South america, but south america doesn't exist in-game and there are no such legends IRL
>>
File: Complex.png (45KB, 229x238px) Image search: [Google]
Complex.png
45KB, 229x238px
Solgaleo's desing like my motives are ver complex
>>
>>27331660
>It's probably called the Beast that Eats the Sun for a reason, don't you think?
It could transform into a giant solar panel that deprives of sunlight 2 kilometers around it turning day into a fake night and that still wouldn't mean a flamethrower couldn't hurt it.
>>
>>27331489
IT ALL COMES TOGETHER IN A NEW ADVENTURE
>>
File: 1458836304402-tv.jpg (44KB, 617x627px) Image search: [Google]
1458836304402-tv.jpg
44KB, 617x627px
>>27331095
>there are people who are this far in denial about things
Did Hermes touch your pee-pee or something?
>>
>>27331800
You know, BW was conceptually designed as something "new", distinctive to RGB, GSC, RSE and DPPt. A new Kanto (Unova), new Machamp (Conkeldurr), new Tauros (Bouffalant), new Geodude (Boldore), new titles (RGB? Colors? Not, on the contrary, Black and White) ... basically a new version (separate) of Pokemon. If you separate Unova, Kanto connects to Hoenn and Kalos, and Johto connects to Sinnoh and Alola*, all comes together (Kanto-Hoenn-Kalos & Johto-Sinnoh-Alola) in a new awesome pokemon adventure.

*Diamond Peak, Pearl Harbour, Magearna's body its made of gold and silver, the core is called Soul-Heart, in Alola there is japanese village with a "Ho-oh's bell tower", Lugia and Ho-oh's clouds in the sky, this synchro shit about pokemon-human relationship is literally the lore in Gold and Silver games (reminder, Gold = Sun, Silver = Moon) about the towers and Ho-oh/Lugia, guardians in islands in Alola like guardians in lakes in Sinnoh, obvious DP remakes...
>>
>>27331583
Nice argument, teach me how to argue just like you!
>>
>>27331415
Solgaleo attacks at night
>>
>>27330899
Now this makes sense. I wasn't bothered by its typing but it makes more sense.
If I did a "sun pokémon" I'd go for fire/electric though
>>
>>27331605
>Literally called the beast that devours the sun
>Is a lion
>It being a reference to the green lion eating the sun is a dumb theory
>>
>>27330779
>Bisharp is your standard knight
Anon, I think you're confused
>>
>>27331489
literally taco wiki
http://es.pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/Zygarde
http://es.pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/Solgaleo
http://es.pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/Lunala
>>
>>27330366
I thought it was rock / psychic
>>
>>27331024
Emissary of the Sun means that it serves the Sun, and in alchemy the Sun represents gold.
>>
>>27331521
Literally die, literalcuck
>>
>>27330779
Bisharp hunts down and murders Pokemon with its gang of Pawniard. It's the pitiless Pokemon, Anon.
>>
>>27332806
>>27335708
huh.... I could have sworn I saw something where they were considered knights.... maybe it was NPC text? no idea
>>
wow this thread is hilarious
>>
>Gen VII unannounced mechanic
>certain Pokemon have a hidden "third typing", not a real typing, but tweaks to their resist/weak list unique to their species
>Done so that GF can help balance the type chart without overhauls; maybe some mons have a metagame need for a resist/weakness that the whole type doesn't.
>This is why the move select list now shows if attacks are SE/NVE, to prevent player confusion
>This is why the legends have bizarre typings

As far back as I can remember people have been asking questions about why XYZ mon or ABC line is weak to this, or how bad it needs a resist to that, or why this mon got one typing over another.
>>
>>27330076
>sun pokemon
>no cosmic typing
>has steel for some fucking reason
>>
Do we know how its Radiant Sun forme works?

It could be like a mega with a new typing. Or get Flash Fire as its ability.

I mean who the hell knows. I think it's kind of interesting that the Sun mon is weak to fire and the Moon mon is weak to dark (and Fairy if you think of that as being "the moon typing"), but then both have "phases" that make them more like the actual sun/moon, where it would be interesting if those obvious weaknesses were turned to strengths.
>>
>>27330076
i mean we dont know what there other forms do
it might make them resist the types there oddly weak against
>>
>>27330779
Absol is called the disaster Pokémon, he literally leaves chaos in his wake and Bisharp kills things. They are both edgy as all hell.
>>
>>27331369

Isn't that "form" just an animation that occurs when it uses its signature move?
>>
>>27330899

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Fusion_Flare_%28move%29
>>
>>27331068

No one said it was you retard. In Pokemon though, it always been associated with the fire type, is the point people are trying to make
>>
>>27330076
The sun isn't a ball of fucking fire you pleb
>>
File: 338Solrock.png (114KB, 431x431px) Image search: [Google]
338Solrock.png
114KB, 431x431px
At least this sol-themed pokemon is resistant to fire.

Get cucked leofags
>>
>>27338819
>Solar Beam is a fire move
>Sunflora is a fire mon
>Espeon is a fire mon
Yeah.
>>
We could've avoided this if triple types were a thing.
>>
File: who win?.jpg (46KB, 599x383px) Image search: [Google]
who win?.jpg
46KB, 599x383px
>>27330076
Who wins?
>>
>>27332155
>>27332699
>>27333886
>>27335693
>>27338692
>the word again
>>
>>27339433
>in this scenario, the lions are now weak to the sun
>>
>>27339216
252+ SpA Life Orb Volcarona Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Solrock in Sun: 281-331 (81.6 - 96.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Life Orb Volcarona Solar Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Solrock: 543-642 (157.8 - 186.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

>being damaged this much by sun things
Thread posts: 110
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.