[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GenVII remakes of Red/Green confirmed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: rg3ds.jpg (198KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rg3ds.jpg
198KB, 1920x1080px
Believe it or not, work on the games following Sun & Moon has already started. I can't say what I do (it'd easily be discovered) but I still felt like sharing. A lot of this information won't be coming to the public until 2017.

Red & Green are being remade for the 3DS. (Titles not yet determined.)

Diamond and Pearl are not receiving remakes in the forseeable future. Main reasons are:
>they are DS games, and still playable on the current generation handheld (biggest point)
>their regional pokemon were included in XY, the rest and legendaries were included in ORAS

It should be no surprise that Generation I games were chosen for a re-remake. Here are the key reasons it was chosen:
>The lack of DS/3DS native versions of R/G/B or FR/LG (huge point, they want all games playable in some form)
>The unexpected global success of Pokemon GO and nostalgia for the original generation
>The technology allowing for a more complex version of the relatively simple games
>the overall success of the Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire remakes

This will be the first game to fully incorporate Pokemon GO connectivity. The recent interview for Sun/Moon suggested some compatibility between the games, however development of S&M is pretty much completed and the success of GO was unexpected by the current team. Any interaction received in S&M is just tacked on. The GenVII remakes will be made from the ground up with GO interaction, as the GenVII engine will already be in place. Expect to see the Sun and Moon QR code system improved.
>>
>>27329192
Mega Evolutions will continue to expand. You won't see many GenI pokemon getting megas in Sun & Moon; many iconic pokemon from the original games are slated to get one in these remakes (Arcanine is the only sure one so far.)

There will be some core storyline changes, incorporating some of the retcons we've seen in animations like Origins and The Birth of Mewtwo, as well as some elements from the Special/Adventure manga they wanted to include, but couldn't with the technological limitations of the time. Some key points:

>Mega Evolution is the "natural" way of improving pokemon, serves as a key plot element now.
>The dangers of genetic manipulation and artificial pokemon creation is the core theme of the game
>A stronger plot emphasis on Mr. Fuji, Giovanni, and the creation of Mewtwo, with the Master Ball and Mewtwo's recapture being the clear motive for the Silph Co. takeover
>Mew plays an important part in the updated plot, and is capturable in the post-game (the legendary "truck" has a cameo appearance).
>"Thu-fi-zer" (Zapdos/Moltres/Articuno fusion from the manga) at Silph Co. will serve as the Pokemon "tool" similar to legendary mascots in Gen 6. Defeating it frees them from Team Rocket and lets them roam in the overworld (X/Y style) before returning to their iconic locations.
>Blue/Green (the "Gary" rival) will continue to be the rival, but also serve as a partner in key double battles (Lavender town and Silph Co. for sure)

Everything else, including new features, are still very much up in the air. The team is waiting to see how well features in Sun & Moon are received, as well as keeping an eye on how Pokemon GO does following its first major updates.
>>
are you autistic
>>
Don't even get my hopes up like this. I've been wanting Red/Blue 3DS remakes for a long time, but it feels like the VC rereleases of RBY would make them redundant, since they're compatible with Bank.
>>
>>27329192
>Believe it or not, work on the games following Sun & Moon has already started.
No shit? They're probably two games ahead
>>
>>27329308
Havent they released most of the old games on VC? Just seems like those were blatant cash grabs.
>>
>>27329404
RBY are the only ones so far (except for spinoffs), but I expect GSC to follow suit soon, as successful as RBY were on Eshop.
>>
>>27329192
Cool thread I guess but virtual console
>>
>>27329457
Sorry, i mean most GB and NES games. Theres a lot of old shit you can buy, and its not like its hard for a company to change a few things , upload, and charge for.
I doubt pokemon was special
>>
>>27329475
>implying a company known for lazy remakes wont make another lazy remake and charge$40
>>
You know OP you made some valid points and references. Seems to be rooted to some degree in accuracy. I mean who wouldnt want this seemingly good thing to happen? It doesnt seem terrible to me.
>>
I hope so. Kanto is the best region.
>>
just give me my christian diamond and sodomite pearl already
>>
>>27329956
Probably won't happen until the next handheld console, and they just released the New 3DS.
>>
>>27329192
Fuck that I'd rather have DPPt remakes
>>
>>27329192
Tell us about gen 8
>>
Pokemon Water Blue and Thunder Yellow
>>
>>27330024
>New 3DS
Basically using the same hardware and has no games developed for it, approaching 2 years.

They'll probably be replacing the 3DS line next year.
>>
>>27329192
I can't believe you wasted all this time writing this.

Also
>The lack of DS/3DS native versions of R/G/B or FR/LG (huge point, they want all games playable in some form)
You're a fucking idiot, RBY came out only a few months ago.
>>
>>27330061
alomomola
>>
if any games in the future have a serious level of pokemon go integration, I will literally quit pokemon forever and just play youkai watch

fuck normies
>>
>>27329284
Fpbp
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.