[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wich one was better?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

File: 1469242895006.png (360KB, 501x350px) Image search: [Google]
1469242895006.png
360KB, 501x350px
Wich one was better?
>>
XD
>>
Colosseum, but XD had better mechanics that made it less of a chore to play
>>
>>27328307

The Sequel. The Sequel had everything better except for characters..
>>
>>27328307
Gale of Darkness.
Colosseum had a better story, but neither had anything worthwhile, and story isn't all that important in a video game anyways. While GoD vastly improved in pretty much every single gameplay area.
>>
XD. More Pokemon and it was a massive pain in the ass to purify them all.
>>
XD was a better game but it's better by default because of the massive buthurt over its name. Every thread that someone talks about it someone starts railing about the unfortunate name XD XD XD
>>
>>27328405
This tbqh XD tops'em all
>>
The only thing I like more about Colosseum is Gen 2 starters and the protag.
>>
>>27328307
XD
>>
XD trumps it because it made it a lot easier to play. Yes the story was weaker, but in the end it's a game, so better gameplay is waaay better than a better story. Also XD looks better and has better music.
>>
>>27328307
Colosseum, because it had The Under, and Lady Venus.
>>
>>27328307
colosseum, because you can actually make a thread about it without memespam replies
>>
Did this games did not do well? How come we having seen another console game like them?
>>
File: Pokemon_Super_Mystery_Dungeon.png (168KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon_Super_Mystery_Dungeon.png
168KB, 250x250px
XD
am i making the face, or choosing the game? it is a mystery :^)
>>
XD by far. The purification chamber, map system, pokemon available etc

It's actually hard for me to go back to Colosseum if I have recently played XD.

Colosseum is probably still my PERSONAL fave, but XD's way better.
>>
>Can never talk about Gale of Darkness because of shitposters
Fucking shit
>>
File: pokemon_stadium.jpg (72KB, 640x442px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon_stadium.jpg
72KB, 640x442px
>>27328307
>>
>>27329748
The thread has actually been going along pretty well.
>>
>>27328307
Why not both?
>>
>>27329246
kys
>>
>>27328307
XD makes shadow Pokemon actually usable with more shadow attacks, resisting shadow attacks, and those special exclusive moves can be cool. Most are shit though.

>Tri-Attack & Helping Hand Togepi
this alone makes the game better

The only special attack Colosseum offered was Drill Peck Skarmory and that was an egg move. Every Pokemon in XD, once purified, learned egg moves or TM moves in addition to their special purified move (Refresh for 80% of them).
>>
Being a gen2fag I really liked that you got to use all gen2 pokemon in Colloseum. It was really nice to use Misdreavus and Sneasel before postgame.
>>
I never finished XD, but Colosseum is GOAT. Jovi is awesome though.
>>
Colosseum could only trade with Ruby and Saphire, XD could also trade with Emeral, FR and LF.
>>
>>27333238

not true, I'm certain Colosseum can trade Emerald, not sure about FRLG.
>>
>>27328307
Being honest, gale is a better game. Every reason has pretty much been mentioned already in the thread.
But Colosseum is my favorite because nostalgia, and its the reason espeon is one of my favorite Pokemon.
>>
>>27333238
Colosseum was compatible with FRLG.
>>
>>27330500
Found the underage
>>
>>27333238
False as fuck, back in the day I only had emerald and I could trade with Colosseum.
>>
i've never really played a lot XD but for me colosseum was a very decent game.
>>
>>27333330
>>27333904
>>27333985
Crap I mistook Colosseum with the Pokemon Box feature that came with the game. Nevermind.
>>
I should preface this: I grew up with Colosseum, and I must have beaten it 3-4 times or so. Whereas I only played XD relatively recently, and only once. So I might have some slight nostalgia goggles towards Colosseum here.

Despite all that, XD is, in my opinion, the better game. They both have their strengths, but Colosseum's are mostly in presentation, while XD's are in gameplay, and that's more important when you're playing, you know, a game.

Colosseum had a better story I suppose, but story has never been one of Pokémon's strong points, and even then it was okay at best. It also had better music. Listen to this https://youtu.be/8HzxazC2EsQ and then listen to this. https://youtu.be/vX8HhTfFPb4 The first song makes the second pale in comparison. Though I will admit Miror B.'s XD theme is the most bangin' in the whole series. Colosseum also had a better graphical style. I think XD has better graphics from an objective standpoint, since some of the models seem higher poly and the attacks look flashier, but the character design is what really irks me. Everyone's eyes are enormous and they all look like some demented cross between anime characters and real people.

But XD's better gameplay is what gives it the edge. First, you can save anywhwere instead of just at PCs. Too many times I backtracked all the way back to a PC because I was afraid I would mess up and faint it by accident, where I wouldn't see it for quite a long time. In XD, any you don't catch go to Miror B., though he doesn't seem to show up often enough. And in Colosseum, if you wanted to purify a Pokémon you didn't like, you had to either use one of the 3 Time Flutes that you'll get and never use because they're so rare, blow your money on incenses, tape your control stick down and leave your GameCube on all night, or just suck it up and put Qwilfish on your party for a while, because you gotta if you want Ho-oh. XD instead gives you the Purification Chamber. (1/2)
>>
>>27336859
(2/2) At first, it's a passive way to purify Pokémon you don't want to put on your party. But as time goes on, it becomes a well-oiled purifying machine, that can purify 10 Pokes in the blink of an eye while you do things you actually WANT to do. And XD gives you a better selection. Colosseum gave you a bunch of powerful stuff right off the bat, with an Espeon, Umbreon, and a mid stage Johto starter of your choice. Not too far into the game, you get an Entei, and the rest of the legendary dogs will follow. By the end of the game, you've got a party full of OP mons that you've been using the whole game, and several boxes of unpurified shitmons you don't want to use. XD doesn't give you nearly as much. Your Eevee (I chose to evolve it into a Jolteon) will probably be the cornerstone of your team, but the other five slots aren't as consistent. You'll often have to choose whether to keep one of your mons in your party, or put that cool new Shadow Pokémon you got on while you make your old team member a part of the Purification Chamber.

There are other thoughts I have regarding these games (like Cipher looking cooler in Colosseum, complaining that they shoved half of XD onto Citadark Isle, etc.), but I think you get the gist.
>>
>>27336859
>>27336976
Very thoughtful posts. I think you're right, except about your conclusion: everything you say about these games is true, but in my opinion it means Colosseum is the better game. That's a close call, though.
>>
>all those pokemon with the special moves can be used in the meta come Sun and Moon
>>
>>27328569
>implying that's butthurt
Its literally just people fucking with you. It's an easy troll.
>>
>>27328307
XD was a better game, but between only giving you an Eevee as a starter and having a crap opening compared to Colosseum's silly but cool "exploding your team's base then driving away in a flying motorcycle with your Espeon and Umbreon", XD felt a bit disappointing for a long time...
>>
>>27336859
>>27336976
Best analysis. Capped.
I like Coloseum better but I think the additions in GOD make it a better game. I never completed either game and when I saw GOD's final boss for the first time on Youtube I was stunned. It was right as I had discovered YT for the first time.
>>
>>27328307
XD
>>
XD
>>
>>27328307
is XD supposed to be that stupid face?

XD was better, since most console pokemon games suck ass
>>
Here's the REAL question:
will we ever get another shadow pokemon spinoff game again?
>>
File: 1469277611383.jpg (93KB, 677x631px) Image search: [Google]
1469277611383.jpg
93KB, 677x631px
>We will never have a legit way of getting Refresh Salamence or any other Pokémon with moves exclusive to XD outside of doing a bunch of transferring bullshit
>We will never have a third installment to conclude the series
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.