[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Safari Zone in Alola.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: 57-dailybinocularpkmn.png (21KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
57-dailybinocularpkmn.png
21KB, 256x192px
Do you think Alola will have a Safari Zone?
Also do you want the Safari Zone returning?
It think the Great Marsh was awesome,it should return imo!
>>
No.
>>
No. The Safari Game is a terrible concept, and I hope it stays gone forever.
>>
Yes. Great Marsh is an original take on it, you just need to gitgud.
>>
>>27327398

The problem with the Safari Zone is there's no way to gitgud, it's all dumb luck and forced inconvenience. The series would be no worse off if it was never brought back.
>>
>>27327188
No, most people hated the Safari zone and it finally reached GF's ears with the HGSS version and the backlash from it.
Plus Go is the Safari Zone.
>>
>>27327434
I'd say the game has improved since its been removed because people don't have to gamble with the RNG for a rare pokemon.
Plus the variety in the zones were always slim pickings and most you could get outside of it anyway.
>>
It's not coming back, sadly. Maybe in Sinnoh remakes.
>>
>>27327195
Too many marsh Alomamola?
>>
Instead they should make the Safari Zone like the Bug Catching Contest. Instead of relying on luck, you get to use a single Pokemon from your team, and it's a special event that only happens twice a week.
>>
>>27327528
The only way they'll be in Sinnoh games is if they release the original game digitally.
It's never coming back.
>>
>>27327188
I love Pokemon Safaries. I hope they make one for Sun & Moon
>>
Would be cool if they dedicate a whole island to it and they "important" Pokémon every few days using the system clock.
>>
>>27328223
*Imported
>>
>>27327188
There should be wilderness instead of routes, but they'll keep implying houses on the "town map"
>>
>>27327578
>they aren't remaking sinnoh
>>
>>27327188

It's possible.
>>
>>27329411
No, if they remake them the Safari Zone won't be in it.
That said it would be better for them to shove them on VC and focus on new games because they sell more than remakes.
>>
I can see the friend safari coming back, but I don't see Alola having enough room for a full safari zone.
>>
>>27327188
The safari zone should be a survival challenge. Dumped in the middle of a savanna with just your current team and 30 balls. No items, no healing, no running from battles. Maybe Pokemon follow you on the over world like that Kalos route. If you make it out you keep what you caught. If you don't they confiscate them as compensation for rescuing you. Alola won't have room for this though.
>>
File: image.jpg (72KB, 500x529px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72KB, 500x529px
The binocular in Platinum was the best idea used on the shittiest safari
>>
>>27329677
your idea

is

awesome

too bad it will never happen
>>
Marsh was fucking garbage with the forced "oops, you fell in mud so now you have to move slowly!" mechanic. That shit is especially annoying when you're moving around the snowy regions of Sinnoh too.

Safari Zone worked really well in ORAS I think because of the shaking grass mechanic where you could get better Pokemon by catching the same ones over and over. If that doesn't come back, I hope the mechanic is worked into the safari zone so you can get interesting Pokemon out of it.
>>
>>27327188

The problem with gen 4's Safari is two things

1. The swamp mechanic is a trash idea and the area being fuck huge makes it worse

2. The Pokemon you find in the Safari Zone are fucking trash, why the fuck would I need a wooper if there already is one outside city in the wild
>>
File: HNI_0066.jpg (47KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0066.jpg
47KB, 640x480px
>>27327188
Fuck the safari zone
>>
>>27330016
>he doesn't know how to prevent fleeing 100% of the time in gen III's safari
>>
>>27330033
i mean it wasn't hard to make it reappear due to how emerald is but the safari game as a whole sucks ass. Unless you go over guides, the only strategy is throwing safari balls until they work.
>>
>>27327188
>Also do you want the Safari Zone returning?
As long as it gets rare and unique pokemon unlike the Great Marsh, sure.
>>
>>27330016

Same thing happened to me in Gen IV, with a shiny Quagsire. And it was the first shiny I'd ever seen, in a decade of playing the series. It ran on the first turn. Very traumatizing.
>>
>>27331014
How the fuck does a quagsire run, it doesn't even really have legs?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.