[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does it bother you that pokemon keeps coming back as a fad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: 19gtirx0zxvoupng.png (749KB, 986x596px) Image search: [Google]
19gtirx0zxvoupng.png
749KB, 986x596px
Does it bother you that pokemon keeps coming back as a fad?
>>
>>27319204
no, because I'm not a faggot who cares about what others do
>>
>>27319204
Only when there's an increase in shitty opinions.
>>
Pokemon was and will always be a fad.
>>
>>27319204
TPP was good for the first few gens though.
>>27319224
Alomomola
>>
>>27319239
>TPP was good for the first few gens though.
Just the very first one.
>>
>>27319220
This
>>
>>27319239
You do realize how much of a Genwunner you sound like right now?
>>
>>27319220
>knowing whats going on in the world
>caring about it
two different things, buddy

time to take a step out of that basement
>>
>>27319409
read my comment again
>>
>>27319409
Yeah, they are separate things.

Don't know what his comment had to do with being unaware of whats going on in the world in any way.
>>
its only a fad because GO brought back all of us nostalgiafags
>>
It really speaks to how strong Pokemon is as a concept that it keeps popping back up like it does.
>>
>>27319224
If it was just a fad, it would have died completely and GO would be a total reboot of the the series.
>>
>>27319764
outside of virgins like us, it did completely die
>>
>>27319791
Considering there's not a single mainline game that didn't sell at least a million copies, you can't really say it was ever dead.
Among gamers, it's always been a massively popular series and never been a niche thing.
>>
>>27319791
>As of August 2014, in the United States, Pokemon X has sold 2.1 million copies and Pokemon Y has sold 2.01 million copies.
> As of March 31, 2016, the games together have worldwide sales of 14.7 million.
>>
File: image.jpg (81KB, 431x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81KB, 431x450px
>>27319224
>>
File: 1396903314739.gif (282KB, 230x262px) Image search: [Google]
1396903314739.gif
282KB, 230x262px
>>27319204
No. Whenever I'm feeling depressed I can enjoy Pokemon and /vp/ (even if I'm visiting this place since beginning) and I think others should be able to feel happy about Pokemon too.
>>
>>27319239
TPP was good for half the first gen
>>
>>27320017
How have you lasted this long?
>>
Wait... original TPP Charmelon Is female?
>>
>>27319239
>TPP was good for the first few gens though.
It was good for the first then the memes ruined it
>>
>>27320741
Gen 1 didn't have genders but it's nickname was Abby.
>>
>>27319204
It's a fad that's been running for 18 years in the States. It's just that GO opened the floodgates to original 151 fags and those that pretended they were part of it.
>>
>>27323472
That's a funny way of saying SharlaInJapan.
>>
>>27319308
I still think that editing Red's team in G/S was pretty cool of them
>>
>>27319409
What in the fuck are you talking about?!
>>
Not really. It started as a fad, and while it has dwindled in popularity and then come back time and again, the continuing surges of popularity make newer generations possible.

Pokemon isn't a franchise we'd like to see die off as a fad. Game Freak and Nintendo formed The Pokemon Company because they wanted to go in it for the long haul. If Pokemon keeps coming back to popularity from one event or another, whether it be Pokemon Go or the original Twitch Plays Pokemon, that means that The Pokemon Company has an incentive to produce more generations.

I don't want Pokemon to end at generation 7, or even at generation 10. If we want to keep this ball rolling, this means that normies have to play it every so often, and children have to be introduced to Pokemon just like we were.
>>
>>27321495
>stop having fun wrong!
>>
>>27324499

Nowadays they make entire hacks, only the hacks are very good in thier own right and don't need tpp knowlage to be played.

Seriously, anniverary crystal is a top tier gen 2 hack even without the tpp bonus features (which are just postgame bosses for the most part) and apparently the same team is what's finally getting prism finished.
>>
Do genwunners exist in Japan?
>>
>>27326204
but thats what happened to TPP
people who weren't watching from the start invaded and decided the trial and error play wasnt the right type of run so they turned it into a slow lets play
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.