[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sup, /vp/. i haven't really kept up with pokemon since generation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: you're an ass haze.jpg (44KB, 421x600px) Image search: [Google]
you're an ass haze.jpg
44KB, 421x600px
sup, /vp/.
i haven't really kept up with pokemon since generation 1 when i was like 12 years old and didn't even speak english (i'm Norwegian).
i never played any of the games for that reason, but i was really into the cards and anime.
are there any good Pokemon games on the PC? i don't even mind emulating, for that matter. i just feel catching up with the franchise.

tl;dr - want to get into Pokemon again. got no idea where to start.
>>
Hallo!

There are seven generations of pokemon now. The main series are basically the same game over and over again, but with new pokemon and mechanics. I recommend Crystal, Platinum, and B2/W2! You could also play FireRed/LeafGreen to get up to speed or even play some of the non-main games, they're a blast!
>>
>>27314462
>Crystal
lol
>B2/W2
LOL
>FireRed/LeafGreen
HAHAHA
Don't listen to this dumb tripfag.
>>
>>27314462
seven gens? holy hell, this is going to take a while.
>>
>>27314515
Alright which ones do you suggest then anon with your supposed superior taste?
>>
Most up to date games for each region (handheld):
FRLG for Kanto, HGSS for Johto, ORAS for Hoenn, Platinum for Sinnoh, BW then BW2 for Unova, XY for Kalos, SM for Alola.
>>
>>27314462
>recommending BW2 to someone who isn't familiar with the franchise at all
>>
File: image.jpg (110KB, 578x327px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110KB, 578x327px
Their are 721 Pokemon. All the games are on handheld Nintendo consoles. Sun and Moon are coming out on November 18th.
>>
>>27315142
Not the same anon, but play HGSS. It's easy and comfy.
>>
There's no Pokemon games on PC, at least not officially so you have to emulate the older one. If you really really want to get up do date and see every new Pokemon and features I suggest finding a 3DS and getting XY and ORAS.

People here like to say that XY and ORAS are bad, don't listen to them they are delusional and believe stuff like

>Pokemon was hard back in my day
>The Battle Frontier was meaningful content
>Gen 1 pokemon had better designs than any other gen
>>
>>27315299
>their
try again when you graduate first grade, kiddo.
>>
>>27315299
There*
>>
>>27314434
In Order

>Heart Gold/Soul Silver
Probably the perfect game to play when getting back into the franchise. Familiar faces and many Pokemon you will be familiar with as well as a packed post game that will leave you with warm feelings of nostalgia. Generally considered the greatest games of the entire series, though that's a sentiment I don't entirely agree with, it's a really good game.

>Black/White
An entirely new region with entirely different pokemon. Probably the closest feel to a reset of the franchise. Very colorful characters/cast and probably holds the best story of the series, though that's not saying much.

>Platinum
Return to 4th gen with arguably the best region in the series. Huge post game, challenging leaders, beautiful atmosphere.

>Emerald
After the winter-y, earthy theme of Platinum, switch over to this Gen 3 game and enjoy a more sunny, coastal region. Probably the game that encourages exploring more than the others.

>Black 2/White 2
After you ventured those last two regions, Return to Unova in the sequel to Black/White. All around fantastic game.

>X/Y
Thia game is 100% atmosphere and a showcase of what Pokemon can bring to 3D. Story wise, it's lacking. The charactersaren't very good, your rivals are piss poor and the evil team has minimal presence. Never the less, it's beautiful to play and introduces Pokemon-Amie

This is how you should play after having left for so long. Welcome Back.
>>
>>27314434
They've been recycling plot since gen 3.

Evil team discovers some pokemon diety, tries to use it for nefarious "reshape the world to our ideals" scheme, gets stopped by a gifted 10yr old protagonist.

The first game of Unova shakes it up a bit in that the evil team actually splits by the end, one doing it for selfish reasons the other doing it due to being misguided by the former into thinking their cause was just.

As such I suggest Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn, and maybe Unova part 1 if you really want, then waiting to see if Alola breaks the formula when it comes out. If it doesn't, call it quits unless you're fine with replaying a reskin.

Sinnoh, though having comfy music is a gen I wished had never been because of its ramifications, and pretty much everyone agrees 6 was lackluster as a whole, especially it's Hoenn remake (play Emerald instead).

Depending on whether they keep gen6's current trend of semi-related plots, you may need to play Kalos to understand what exactly mega-evolution is and be introduced to the most recently introduced pokemon type. Johto will cover the other two not included in the first game.

if you absolutely must play Sinnoh, play Platinum[/spoilers]
>>
>>27315848
No Kanto at all?

Otherwise, yeah, I like this list.
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 2208x1242px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 2208x1242px
OP er homo
>>
>>27316284
I feel HGSS covers that decently.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.