[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's strange the fact these Pokémon that are aquatic animals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8

File: jelly.png (122KB, 437x340px) Image search: [Google]
jelly.png
122KB, 437x340px
It's strange the fact these Pokémon that are aquatic animals and don't have water type, especially the eel-line that is pure electric
>>
>>27297834
I think it's cool desu
>>
I would be sad if every aquatic Pokémon was Water type, it's typecasting. Anyway, you forgot Dragonite line.
>>
File: disgust.png (203KB, 632x438px) Image search: [Google]
disgust.png
203KB, 632x438px
>>27297834
>wanting more water types
>>
File: 450.jpg (249KB, 700x750px) Image search: [Google]
450.jpg
249KB, 700x750px
There should be more Pokemon based on aquatic/amphibious animals that aren't Water-type.
>>
>>27297834
There are too many water types as it is, also keeping to normal conventions is extremely boring and it's partially why gen 1 Pokemon blow ass for the most part because they're too close to real animals.

Basically they're monsters not animals.
>>
>>27297834
That eel always pissed me off in b/w. Its battle sprite clearly shows it flopping around on the ground with its fins, then it has levitate.
what the fuck
>>
File: 604 - eelektross.gif (202KB, 111x70px) Image search: [Google]
604 - eelektross.gif
202KB, 111x70px
>>27298203
This. Eelektross and Malamar are some of my favorites to date

>>27299158
It's clearly levitating in Gen VI. Looks hilarious
>>
File: Seapokes.png (643KB, 1389x892px) Image search: [Google]
Seapokes.png
643KB, 1389x892px
Here's a pic of all non-water type sea pokemon I did a while back.
>>
>>27297834
It's a lamprey you fucker. LAMPrey. A lamp runs on electricity.
>>
>>27299267
No Crustle?

Also what's Shuckle again? It's called the Mold Pokemon
>>
>>27299208

Best animation in the game, hands down.
>>
>>27299267
Dragonite will always be weird to me. It's previous forms look fine in the ocean, but those wings and that body are anything but.
>>
>>27297834

no it's not, what the fuck.

water is an element, and being aquatic does not equal being water type.

otherwise everything living in fields and forest would be grass type by that logic, everything in a cave would be ground/rock etc.

it's the exact opposite: the dex desperately lacks aquatic pokemon that are NOT water type..and if anything needs more water TYPE pokemon, it's NON-AQUATIC designs.

they've stuck to making way too much aquatic water type, leading to your false understanding in the first place
>>
File: 215 - sneasel.gif (106KB, 47x72px) Image search: [Google]
215 - sneasel.gif
106KB, 47x72px
>>27299307
A lot of Pokemon just stand idly during a 'battle', unfortunately. Like they didn't feel like animating something pumped to fight and attack and instead it's just a toy sitting there to look pretty

But when they give the idles personality they really do stick out

>>27299315
Dragonite was the product of a different time

>>27299329
I think they should at least learn Surf and shit
>>
File: Stingless_jellyfish.jpg (103KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
Stingless_jellyfish.jpg
103KB, 1000x750px
>>27299329
>2016
>Still no pure fire type jellyfish that evolves into an ice/fire jellyfish
>>
File: shiny-sneasel.gif (886KB, 320x239px) Image search: [Google]
shiny-sneasel.gif
886KB, 320x239px
>>27299396

I wish Weavile had a pose that smug.
>>
>>27297919
As well as Cradily and Armaldo.
>>
>>27299329
This.

People forget that types are elementals, not assigned based purely off of their description. They often line up, but its not a 1 to 1.

That's why shit thats literally not a Dragon can be a Dragon type, and why every single pokemon isn't Fighting type.
>>
I'm still waiting for a Pokémon game that actually has "too much water" but executed well.

Imagine a deep-sea area bigger than the diving locations of Hoenn.

Sure, there would be the good old generic Water types in there as well, but with the underwater locations spanning many routes, there'd be a lot of room for diversity, expanding the list of aquatic Pokemon with all kinds of non-Water types.

I can imagine pure types of Ground, Grass, Poison, Dark, Electric, Rock and others appearing easily, or any combination of them.

A Poison/Electric jellyfish, a Ground starfish, a Fairy type mermaid-inspired design, a Dragon/Grass algae seahorse, a Steel sea-mine, a Ghost type ship-wreckage based creature, etc...
>>
>>27300960

underwater battles when?

I mean, we've had sky battles introduced in the same generation as we've had hoenn remakes... but no "truly aquatic pkmn only"-battles?

I guess it really boils down to the selection being so small still.

If it was big enough, at some point they could actually figure out what to do with the "lol all fish-pkmn floating in mid-air in battles".
I'm thinking, making only pkmn that can actually swim or similar, to be able to be sent out while crossing a freaking sea, while not being able to send out something that cannot keep itself afloat etc...or would that be too complicated for the smartphone kids masuda wants to appeal to lately?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.