[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which legendary pokemon actually feels the most legendary?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: legendaries.jpg (115KB, 560x420px) Image search: [Google]
legendaries.jpg
115KB, 560x420px
Which legendary pokemon actually feels the most legendary?
>>
>>27294896
In my opinion, it is Articuno.
I can imagine people making up stories about the guardian of Seafoam Islands.
A bird with a body so cold it froze its surroundings.
If you go out of your way, you may find it!
>>
>>27294896
Ho-oh

The rest is either filler shit or DBZ bullshit
>>
>>27294896
Ho-Oh and Xerneas
>>
>>27294896
Kyurem
>Actual folkstories about how it eats people
>Is easily forgotten (everyone knows that the dragon split in two, not that it left a husk)
>Can absorb either dragon's powers
It's like a combined version of campfire stories and old myths. It doesn't help that its presence can literally send a chill down your spine.
>>
>>27294896
Ho-oh, Lugia, Xerneas, Yveltal.
>>
>>27294896
Ho-Oh and the Regis because of their tomb exploration and puzzle solving games.
>>
>>27294896
Probably the regi trio
>>
>>27294896
ho oh
>>
Ho-oh
>>
I would say arceus if not for the fact that it's movie was shit that made it seem like a petty, small, not omniscient being

And the hoopa movie has it kind of just pop in at the end. I still say arceus because it's music, it's event in HGSS, and it's implied existence throughout multiple games, not to mention one or two church like locations in the games that serve as worship areas like the one in DPPt

Arceus has the potential to be some huge mysterious diety
>>
>>27294896
Regi trio, most notably Regigigas.
>>
>>27295000

Seconded.
>>
>>27296012
Arceus's movie says it loses its godlike abilities (creation, time travel, immortality, etc) when it doesn't have all of its plates. The only reason it got knocked out by a -potentially planet destroying- meteor is because its plates got knocked off.
Kinda explains how it's catchable in-game: no plates = no divinity
>>
Ho-oh
>>
>>27296104
Are they gonna pull some DBZ shit on us in a future game and be like "BUT WHO CREATED THE PLATES? ALIENS" and give us some super god x 1,000 who created arceus or some shit

I'd be disgusted, I really would. If you're gonna have a god representation, have a god representation
>>
File: 1453119177080.jpg (41KB, 400x427px) Image search: [Google]
1453119177080.jpg
41KB, 400x427px
Ho-oh bros
I like the emotion trio as well, imagine every game has had the same protagonist and they are growing up
>>
Mewtwo and other man made legendaries can make some pretty neat urban legends. That and mythicals for kind of not being in the game in an irritating way

Most legendaries seem more like gods than just spread stories. Black and White were a shift in the right direction after Ruby/Sapphire and Diamond/Pearl introduced shit that manipulated weather, time, space, etc.

There should be a balance for some legendaries to make them appear less powerful by making only version mascots and godlike entities unable to breed while lesser rares can and feel more like what Chansey and Taurus used to be in Gen I. Super rare Pokemon

I don't think things like the Musketeers, Meloetta or Shaymin should be considered that "Legendary"
>>
Lugia the legendary flying fish
>>
File: legendairy.jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
legendairy.jpg
23KB, 480x360px
>>27294896
>>
>>27294896
Mew, because it was mostly a legend when I was a kid (use strenght to move the truck etc.)
>>
Lugia felt rather mythical and enigmatic to me as a kid first time I played Crystal, especially since I was under the impression Lugia was exclusive to Silver. I'm pretty sure nobody talks about it and you just know the whirlpool caves exist, then you get the Silver Wing and travel to the deserted caves only to meet Lugia there at the bottom.
>>
Kyogre, Lugia, Rayquaza

to me, sea legends and myths are god tier, comfy, eerie. as for Rayquaza being a supposed beast in the sky, a sky guardian, gives it the feel of an angel.

I would also say Giratina, Dialga, Palkia, Arceus but they're other-worldy deities that aren't of this earth.
>>
I believe zapdos spend the majority of the day at high altitude collecting sunlight on the black backs of their wings and come to rest at plants
>>
>>27294954
Anyone can say this about any pokemon
>>
Jesus.
>>
>>27295186
Seconded.
>>
Ho-Oh fo' sho'
>>
No post Gen 2 legendary has felt legendary to me, they became too formalised and involved in the plot.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.