[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Seasons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: Pokemonseasons.jpg (40KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemonseasons.jpg
40KB, 400x300px
I'd love to see seasons back in S/M or in future generations. Opinions?
>>
It's Hawaii, the seasons are hot, hoter and volcanic ash Fallin from the sky.
>>
Fuck no, having to wait up to three months or mess around with the system's clock was stupid. It should only be brought back if there was a way to manually change the season in-game, even if only in the postgame.
>>
Spring Deerling/Sawsbuck is the worst, so yes.
>>
The game is so big fucking budget and sells 10m+ copies. The only people that defend cut features are mentally ill

Except Safari Zone, that was just a failed experiment.
>>
>>27294042
>the Safari Zone was a failed experiment
>having to potentially wait months in real life to be able to reach some tiny side area isn't
>>
File: agreed.jpg (45KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
agreed.jpg
45KB, 600x400px
>>27293963
I thought seasons were a nice touch, it just feels natural
>>
>>27294011
There should be a wait system like in Skyrim/Witcher 3 but for seasons instead of hours
>>
File: 1423963688861.gif (212KB, 501x585px) Image search: [Google]
1423963688861.gif
212KB, 501x585px
>>27294042
well gee, I wonder who could be behind this post
>>
>>27294011
>>27294100
How about each season last one week instead of one month?
>>
>>27294167
would be cool and not too slow or too quick.
>>
>>27294057
Not sure who you're quoting but I agree with that fellow

>>27294156
This is the 2nd time I see someone using the jew meme wrong in 48hours. What's your goal?
>>
>>27293963
Seasons /SHOULD/ come back, but they'd need tweaking to make them work.

Firstly, a month per season is just too long, nobody's got time for that shit. Shorten it to two weeks. Fuck, shorten it to one week! That way you go through the whole seasonal cycle within one month.

Secondly, either as well as or instead of my first suggestion, there shouldn't be anything you outright CAN'T do in a certain season. Change colour schemes, change environmental graphics, change weather, change encounter rates - but stuff like Casteliacones being unavailable in winter and certain areas only being accessible in certain seasons shouldn't return. That just makes it tedious to wait for the seasons to change (instead of just being a nice worldbuilding feature), which is compounded by the amount of time it takes for a full season cycle.

Basically, I like the concept but Gen 5 didn't execute it particularly well in my opinion.
>>
>>27294251
I can't tell anymore, how about just making it a visual thing instead? Since people also seemed to hate the idea of night encounters, but that didn't stop gen 4 from having a time cycle again.

but hey, this board is invested with cancerous go shippers, so I've only myself to blame for trying to reason with these kids
>>
>>27294237
wrongly used meme? Well, let's check
>The game is so big fucking budget and sells 10m+ copies. The only people that defend cut features are mentally ill
no, I think le happy merchant meme is justified. Gamefreak does have some shills here
>>
>>27294011
And here we have a person who rush through the game.

I LOVED seasons and was really disapointed that they were ommited in X/Y
>>
>>27294407
>justifying having to wait months for little reward
Anon, I even said they'd be fine if there was a way to manually change them. I'm not one to play five minutes a day over half a year and it shouldn't be forced on you.
>>
>>27294251
I like the idea of having a pokemon be more common or uncommon in certain seasons, but I think they should always be there, unless it's post game national dex, then I don't really care. But it seems to me like these things shouldn't matter if they're gonna shorten the seasons. It's either one or the other. I wouldn't mind waiting two weeks to catch an Ice type pokemon that only appears in winter, you know what I mean?
>>
>>27294322
>I can't tell anymore, how about just making it a visual thing instead?
Nah, that'd defeat the purpose of having it at all. I like time-of-day encounters, and I liked seasons, but it was just frustrating having to wait three months just to access certain areas I couldn't before.
>>
>>27294057
>>having to potentially wait months in real life to be able to reach some tiny side area isn't
Not really especially since no important items were hidden behind there. I think only one pokemon became totally unavailable due to seasons too while the rest had encounter rate changes.

In any case having a one month rotation is still better than any previous iteration of the Safari Zone, especially the HG/SS one.
>>
Okay, here me out. But what if we made the seasons lLONGER instead of shorter? Like Animal Crossing where the seasons follow you in real time? And make it just a cosmetic thing.
>>
>>27294167
>>27294193
I think it's a bit too quick. 2 weeks?
>>
>>27294251
I think it would be cool for some legendaries to be season exclusive
>>
File: 1443854568073.jpg (27KB, 341x273px) Image search: [Google]
1443854568073.jpg
27KB, 341x273px
>>27294389
No, Gamefreak is jewing us out of content by cutting it from the game, and this anon wants them to STOP being jews, so you only posted correctly if you were insinuating that Gamefreak were the jews here.
But you weren't, so you're fucking wrong kiddo.
>>
>>27295255
certain really good TMs could only be obtained in certain seasons.
>>
>>27294322
>people also seemed to hate the idea of night encounters
Really? So that's why those were removed after gen2 (did HGSS have them?). I really hope they bring them back. It just makes sense as a mechanic.
>>
>>27294167
I agree.
Also they need to make it more obvious. For example, make a Sewaddle extremely common in summer and have next to none in winter.
>>
>>27293963
No fucking thanks. If seasons come back, they need to reflect what season it actually is. And as a result, they need to not have too much effect. Make ice Pokemon more common in winter, but still available in colder areas during summer, for instance. You shouldn't be locked out of anything like that because of season.
>>
>>27294492
>Nah, that'd defeat the purpose of having it at all.
No? Gen 6 games already feel like a randomized romhack.
>>
Alright, instead of having Seasons block off or change lay out of some areas just have it be a visual change that doesn't affect the gameplay. Because if you're going to complain about Seasons being too long, you might as well complain about shit changing between Day and Night

If things HAVE to change, then just swap around some encounter rates and call it a day
>>
>>27294480
It's not 3 months a season anon
>>
Asking for opinions on /vp/ is a VERY dangerous game OP.
>>
>>27294251
Seasons were a bad idea but I did like playing in December so I could easily get through Twist Mountain.
Skipping that cave was a bright spot that made slogging through Unova a little less awful
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.