[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who /casual/ here? >choose teams based off of which Pokémon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: HopHopHop_Town_Drowzee_Psywave.jpg (184KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
HopHopHop_Town_Drowzee_Psywave.jpg
184KB, 640x480px
Who /casual/ here?
>choose teams based off of which Pokémon look cool
>don't beat single-player
>don't understand or care about IVs/EVs/breeding
>>
>>27286205
Meant to say "only beat single-player."
As in, I don't play against others.
>>
>>27286205
>don't beat single player
Are there actually people who are so casual they don't/cannot beat the base game?
>>
>>27286223
I qualify, sort of. I don't really give a shit about breeding/IVs/Evs, but I still play with others just for fun. And I still actually try to form a decent team to beat the League, rather than just picking "the cool ones".
>>
>>27286205
If you don't bother with multiplayer you should seriously consider another RPG series. All the depth in the series in in battling and trading.
>>
>>27286205
>don't beat single player

How is this even possible? You're not going to do anything else and even a total idiot could eventually do it.
>>
>>27286361
>only plays for online
Do you even like Pokémon? Just play Showdown or something.
>>
>>27286384
>>27286320
see
>>27286223
>>
>>27286223
Oh. In that case, you won't find them here. This is Smogon, get out.
>>
>>27286386
That guy didn't say he only plays online you smelly jew
>>
>>27286386
I play Pokemon to trade and battle with friends before breeding a team to take on randoms. I'd never recommend Pokemon as a singleplayer experience because that is to RPGs what Brawl is to fighting games.
The only depth and challenge to be found in the game is playing against others.
>>
>>27286466
So you don't play for the collecting aspect at all, and don't even care for the Pokémon themselves.
Why bother? Fuck off.
>>
>>27286205
Do you at least catch them all?
>>
>>27286492
>collecting

You're not allowed to criticize one aspect of the franchise in favor of the other. You're contradicting yourself.
>>
>>27286205
To be honest, I can't even remember what types are effective against what.
>>
>>27286402
>smogon
Lolno, not everyone is an autist who wants to ban everything. I do play competitive
>>
>>27286492
>I can't argue with you, so I'll put words in your mouth!
I have a complete pokedex in my copy of Y. I use every feature of a Pokemon game, but I'm not going to list them all.
It's a known fact that Pokemon's campaign is as shallow as a mobile game, and the mechanical depth only becomes appreciable when playing with others.

You have two options: You can get recommendations for a better RPG experience, or you can admit you like eating shit due to nostalgia.
>>
I have a deal to make with you, OP. If you can find any group of adult players that are not obsessed with battling, I will tell you anything you want to know.
>>
like my team in black two so far
>sigilyph
>scolipede
>ampharos
>samurott
>lucario
>krokorok, but might change for golurk
>>
File: hit.jpg (109KB, 835x773px) Image search: [Google]
hit.jpg
109KB, 835x773px
>>27286361
>If you don't bother with multiplayer you should seriously consider another RPG series.

Why? I breed Pokemon with perfect natures/egg moves/IVs/genders and train them to level 100 with optimal EV spreads just for the satisfaction of doing it. I've probably reached 100 with five or six boxes' worth of Pokemon over the last 15 years.
>>
>>27286527
Have you caught them all?
>>
>>27286223
>>27286205
Me.
>>
>>27286205

I bet you haven't even caught 'em all. In which case,

>>>/out/
>>
File: OOOCCELLLOOOOOTTE.jpg (60KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
OOOCCELLLOOOOOTTE.jpg
60KB, 480x480px
>>27286205
REEEEEEEEEEEEE SUMMERFAGS GET OOOOOOOOOOOOUOUOUOUOUOUOUOUUTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>27286577
>I have a complete pokedex in my copy of Y.
That you injected.
>campaign
I should honestly discard your post just for this.
>mechanical depth
Are you autistic?
>You have two options:
I have many options, but I'll continue playing games I like.
You'll continue having a hollow experience with video games in general, only playing because of some halfassed competitive aspect that isn't even good.
Never being able to appreciate anything else.
>>
>>27286205
i only do pve too OP. i used to be really interested in the competitive stuff but it's too much work for this game imo
>>
>>27286205
Casualfag here. I understand how IVs/EVs/breeding work, but I've always found it more fun to play with a team of Pokemon that I like, rather than build a team on strategy/optimization.
>>
>>27286205
I build a team of pokémon that give me funny feelings
>>
>>27287324
Is this bait?
>>
>>27286205
Only first point applies to me.
Whenever I feel compeled to I will finish.
I only discovered IVs and EVs fairly recently and they really only matter if you care about competitive play.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.