[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

File: wastedpotential.jpg (73KB, 567x320px) Image search: [Google]
wastedpotential.jpg
73KB, 567x320px
What went wrong?
>>
They didn't call it Stadium 3
You couldn't play your DS games on the TV
>>
While rentals exist, you have to build them by grinding joe's area and hope good Pokémon show up.
>>
>>27286031
It's not a proper fucking pokemon game.
>>
>>27286178
I didn't even know there were rentals other than the six they give you with your trainer card. I played it some when I was younger, but it had what seemed like 0 content other than displaying battles on-screen.
>>
>>27286031
It took out everything that made Pokemon Stadium playable (if you like battle simulators) and took a huge dump on the game.
>>
>>27286228
That's another issue, they don't really tell you. The rentals are actually good if you level the colosseum up a bit.
>>
>>27286178
Wait, there were rentals other than the two set teams? Why didn't anyone tell me?
>>
File: 1459630004444.jpg (100KB, 670x503px) Image search: [Google]
1459630004444.jpg
100KB, 670x503px
>Friend sees me playing this
>Thinks its cool and buys it
>But since he didn't have any gen 4 games he couldn't really play it
What were they thinking
>>
>>27286275
I guess rentals are a little misleading. You do Joe's colossus after the first round. After that, when you go back when you defeat a trainer, you could trade out for one of theirs which becomes permanent on that card.
>>
>>27286031
It's not a third Shadow Pokemon game.
>>
>>27286031
cut environmental destruction
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djMyzIiYENo
>>
When will there be another?
>>
>>27286275
there are 6 rental teams
>>
>>27286858
>this
colesseum and gale of darkness were amazing
>>
>>27286928
Its whole point was "Pokémon but 3D", so it really has no reason to exist anymore.
>>
>>27287084
They could definitely make another. Render all the Pokémon like Pokken does, have some Mario Party-style minigames (or like Stadium, woah!) and maybe some event stuff, like the Magmortar and Electivire you could get in PBR.
>>
Full priced game for a battle simulation for your handheld game's pokemon with no other good features like Pokemon Stadium had.
>>
>>27287129
they should do like the shadow pokemon duology
having the stadium part, and having a story mode, plus i really liked the shadow pokemon and pokemon snacher system
>>
>>27287129
The only thing that it would have over a standard Pokémon game is the graphics. It would be nice but I'm not sure it's really worth the hassle.
It ultimately all depends on how big the NX is going to be.
>>
>>27287180
This too, definitely, but I was tentative to say it.

>>27287649
It wouldn't be too hard to make it more enjoyable than just an extra battle simulator, just make it a goodie bag of sorts. I mean, there's definitely a market for it.
>>
I loved this game, if only for playing doubles on wifi and trading battle passes with opponents with cool teams/shinies. Would (have) gladly bought a similar game on wiiu, can only hope for the future.

Also has some of my favorite menu music ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwXJVKDdmXA
>>
So it really lacks content if you don't have the ds games? Can you at least have battles with default versions of every pokemon so far like in Stadium? I was considering buying it.
Maybe I should save for a while longer and get the GC ones.
>>
>>27288080
How the fuck do you even have a Wii but not a single fourth gen Pokémon?
>>
>>27288151
I was more into Zelda when I bought it.
>>
File: 85ab6650.jpg (25KB, 555x800px) Image search: [Google]
85ab6650.jpg
25KB, 555x800px
>>27286031
I remember destroying little shits online who used nothing but legendaries. I did so while using the pink haired loli as my avatar.
>>
>>27287084
I enjoyed the Gym Leader Castle and different stadiums in the Stadium games.

It'd be cool to have a modern gym leader castle with all 6 generations and more stadiums with unique battle rules. I think that'd justify a Stadium game on the Wii U or NX
>>
>>27287084

A lot of their stadium models have been used in newer games, if you haven't noticed.
>>
>>27287084
Go back to the PWT. Make an entire game where every gym leader/ major character has a well defined party. Hell, even put in the parties of past VGC champs and have you battle them as bosses. Teach people how to battle by understanding what counters certain pokemon/strategies. Have a fully fleshed out lobby/spectating/laddering system so people can easily battle others and watch better players compete.

Basically focus the game fully on the nuance of battle to make up for the lack of exploration.
>>
The only good thing about this shitty game was that it had random online matches, and now that's dead so the game is worthless.
No gym leaders, no mini games and no rentals kills it.
>>
>>27286178

I would agree

But Gateqay Colleseum and Joe's theme in general are worth it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr40ME-xK-k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ats7Arh3yfg
>>
>>27286031
I really liked Colosseum and XD, but never got into Stadium-like games because they don't have a story.
>>
>>27286031
the condom breaking
>>
>pure Battles

>Best Customization in the series with 6 different body types

>The presentation and arena's

Shit was good
>>
>>27286031
everything
>>
>>27287084

Actual battles and gimmicks around the battles

A lot better than the shit we get with Frontier, PWT, and Maison
>>
>Offline is slow garbage
>Entire game is garbage if you didn't send good mons to it from the DS
>Models of older dinosaur-bodied mons are shit
>Some colosseum modes were stupid
>Online had extremely loose safeguards for hacked Pokemon
>That one sp00ky colosseum had foggy weather sometimes, a major pain in the ass

Thats all I can remember offhand
>>
As a kid I had a bunch of friends who had N64s. Mario Party 1-3, Golden Eye, and both Pokemon Stadiums. It was the shit, so amazing.

I think this game was the first time I thought "How the fuck is a game made in the past better than its modern successor?"

TL;DR
>No lickitung sushi minigame
>>
>>27290289
>>Models of older dinosaur-bodied mons are shit

They literally used the same N64 models and didn't bother to update them
>>
>>27286031
I didn't do any research on it when I was young so I just bought it thinking it was going to be exactly like XD or Colosseum but updated for the Wii. Boy was that a mistake.
>>
I only remember having fun while playing Battle Revolution with the disconnects being the only problem. Wish there was a bit more customization, but I dumped hundreds of hours into Battle Revolution.
>>
I had lots of fun using random stuff from my game, especially before Platinum and HGSS released since DP only had the battle tower

Online was fun too but I don't think it had any Pokemon bans since that was before they cared a lot about competitive, so it was kind of a clusterfuck at times
>>
> Lack of Gym Leader Castles
> Limited amount of Rentals
> IIRC you cannot use the same rentals and imported Pokemon in multiple sets
> No Mini Games
> No Oak's Lab
> No overtly hyped announcer, i.e. Ted Lewis

Seriously though, Pokemon Battle Revolution was... good, but it could have been so much more.
Character customization was the shit though, would create characters and gather clothing items anytime.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.