[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do pokeballs self destruct if they fail to capture a pokemon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: frodo.png (214KB, 400x399px) Image search: [Google]
frodo.png
214KB, 400x399px
Why do pokeballs self destruct if they fail to capture a pokemon?
>>
>>27285641
Japanese Sudoku law.
- If you fail at you one lone job, you must hikimori your stomach with a kunife.
>>
>>27285641
Because they are cheap Johto trash.
>>
Why do potions specifically designed to heal Pokemon wounds heal less HP than a bottle of water?
>>
Because the pokemon is breaking out of them and in the process breaks the ball.
Kind of makes you wonder how something can instantly switch from
>using violent force to escape you
>blindly following your every order
Just what the hell is going on inside that ball?
>>
>>27285731
Small dose of medicine
>>
File: frodo2.jpg (125KB, 737x787px)
frodo2.jpg
125KB, 737x787px
>>27285757
Why not just manufacture Master Balls only?
>>
>>27285788

They're prototypes only given to elite trainers.
>>
>>27285788
>man this Dodge Dart is a piece of crap. Why don't they only make ferraris?
>>
>>27285641
>>27285788

The answer to both questions: so the manufacturers can sell more Pokeballs. They're designed to break.
>>
>>27285788
Very expensive to produce. It's much more cost efficient to mass manufacture regular pokeballs instead.
>>
File: 1467152348071.gif (190KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1467152348071.gif
190KB, 360x360px
>>27285872
>pokemon secretly has a subtle but deep economic lore
I bet they jack up the prices of potions too
>>
Could you imagine how fucking boring it would be if it were possible to mass produce Master Balls? It would take all the fun out of catching wild Pokemon, no weakening them or suspenseful shaking.
>>
>>27285922
Well, where do you think the money to run pokemon centers comes from?
>>
>>27285810
Those prototypes work awfully well
>>
>>27285922
They cost 3 bucks (remember that Pokedollars are literally yen), I'd say that's a reasonable price.
>>
>>27285960

Incredibly high taxes, all funneled into Pokemon health care. That's why there are very few maintained roads, schools, public services, and apparently no human medical facilities at all. The Pokemon lobby has completely taken over the government.

Really, the entire series is a cautionary allegory about runaway regulatory capture of public institutions.
>>
>>27286046
Human society as a whole is pretty much reliant on Pokemon, you can imagine they'd need to spend quite a bit on them in order to function.
>>
>>27286112

Of course, because the Pokemon lobby wants it that way. When there's so little investment in education, the public school system is decimated and there's nothing for children to do but wander around the countryside gambling on Pokemon-fighting. Then you've got a whole generation of adults with no other skills except that, and a massively increased need for Pokemon health care, supplies, items, etc. to support it, that you can just take from people via taxation. The Pokemon world is the endstate of a single industry successfully consuming the rest of society.
>>
>>27285757

I always found it as a test of skill and if you capture them they agree to team up with you. Not like there isn't evidence of pokemon refusing their trainers, so it's not like control over them is absolute.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.