[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unpopular opinions thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: shuckle.png (1KB, 112x112px) Image search: [Google]
shuckle.png
1KB, 112x112px
>I really really liked the overworld style of Gen 6, it was 3D and multidirectional but didn't sacrifice grid-based stuff from older games
>I even liked the battle models
>Generally I thought gen 6 was quite well presented in terms of visuals, music, dialog and quality of life features
>my ONLY gripes are how easy they were, X/Y's story leaving too many loose ends, and how there's precisely jack-shit to do after beating the league and Maison
Your turn, /vp/
>>
>>27284767
>my ONLY gripes are how easy they were, X/Y's story leaving too many loose ends, and how there's precisely jack-shit to do after beating the league and Maison
Not unpopular, you already shitted up the thread.
>>
File: Cn1KgcXWcAAucm0.jpg (56KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Cn1KgcXWcAAucm0.jpg
56KB, 1080x1080px
charjabug is the best gen vii pokemon so far
>>
>>27284831
i agree with this
>>
>>27284817
No, the unpopular part was actually giving some form of praise to gen 6. A crucify-able offence around here
>>
>>27284767
>Being this stupid
Just to salvage the thread, here's your daily reminder that gen 6 as a whole was a tech demo and you should see it as such.

XY will pass down in history as the Twilight Princess of Pokemon.

ORAS was made to calm down hoennbabbies.
>>
>The washed out colors look fine. More saturated Pokemon models would look like garbage with the way the rest of the games look
>>
Colosseum and Gale of Darkness were the best pokemon games created, and Nintendo has shot themselves in the foot by never making games like that for their newer consoles (Wii, WiiU, etc.)
>>
>>27284881
My unpopular opinion: they are the worst (out of the turn based rpg games)
>>
>>27284852
What's so stupid?
>>
>>27284917
(You)
>>
>>27284931
nice.
>>
File: 22761547.jpg (323KB, 704x664px) Image search: [Google]
22761547.jpg
323KB, 704x664px
Johto is the worst region, Gen II has the most boring designs, the story is bad, and the only reason GSC/HGSS are good are because of the good amount of post-game content, and good music, which HGSS kind of messed up with its bad soundfonts. At least HGSS kind of salvaged the story with the Celebi event, but the fact that the only good thing about the story is event only is unspeakably lame.
>>
>>27284831
Do you seriously think this is an unpopular opinion?
>>
I think Iris was good as champion. She had a distinct theme as a dragon princess, her battle theme was nice and her design was vastly improved from BW's garbage design and actually made her look cute. Though it should've had some build up instead of being out of nowhere, but that's my only problem with it.

Azoth, infinite energy, all of that dumb shit does nothing for me. I'm numb to it. It may as well not even exist, it's the most contrived garbage I've seen in this franchise and I cringe every time someone mentions lore as a good point in gen 6's favor.

Blaziken is genuinely one of the ugliest Pokémon to exist and I really wish GF would slow down on making humanoid Pokémon.
>>
>>27284971
Depends, I dont spend all my time on /vp/ so if its popular here I didn't notice. Everything I saw about it everywhere else when it was announced was "oh but its a box! theyre running out of ideas!~~lazy"
>>
File: 1455748647952.gif (274KB, 300x162px) Image search: [Google]
1455748647952.gif
274KB, 300x162px
>>27285000
>Blaziken is genuinely one of the ugliest Pokémon to exist
alright stop there
>>
>>27285000
I should also add despite my dislike of Kalos """lore""", I like Megas as a concept. But they didn't need to give it some awful history with more jackal shilling.
And I hope there's a lot of megas in gen 7.
>>
>>27284895
Good thing your opinion is wrong
>>
>>27284970
>At least HGSS kind of salvaged the story with the Celebi event, but the fact that the only good thing about the story is event only is unspeakably lame
Wow. You had me all through you dissing Johto - I'd be the first to agree with how flawed it is - but this IS a shitty opinion.

The entire point of the Team Rocket quest in Johto, I thought at least (as a kid), was linked to the fact that Giovanni had moved on and how in the end, despite their villainous acts, Team Rocket were pathetically clinging on to the past crying for a leader who was never coming back. The Celebi quest was far and away the worst part of HG/SS. It was nice that they confirmed the Silver/Giovanni link, but having the player stop Giovanni from returning whilst simultaneously kicking TR ass in the Radio Tower thanks to time travel was not only Gary Stu shit, but also kind of demeaned Giovanni.

tl;dr it was better when Giovanni left and became a mythical figure mentioned only by name. By bringing him back, giving him ill-explained motive AND giving him shitty weak Pokemon (literally worse than his RBY team), it really ruined the whole thing for me.
>>
>>27284970
>>27285100
>caring THIS much about the story
As expected of tards that hate Johto.
>>
>>27285125
I don't even HATE Johto as such, I just think the HG/SS Celebi event is retarded
>>
"Gen I pandering" is the biggest non-issue I've ever heard of. Call me when they start retconning Pokemon out of existence or doing something actually bad instead of just giving you Gen I starters or whatever. Sure Pokemon Go is Gen I only right now, but the rest are promised in updates and given the way Pokemon distribution works, its quite frankly better this way.

>>27285100
Interesting point I hadn't considered. My enjoyment of the Celebi event has more to do with the confirmation of Silver being Giovanni's kid and giving more meaning to his character and his hatred of Team Rocket. It elevated him into a character actually worth caring about rather than just being some edgy kid who's a mean guy because he's your rival and they wanted another Blue.
>>
File: image.jpg (79KB, 421x421px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79KB, 421x421px
>>27284767
>nothing to do after clearing single player content
>easier than ever to participate in the multiplayer aspect and engage in pvp battles
>not working on legitimate end game teams for fighting other people
>not realizing shit like Battle Maison was to farm for relevant stuff for it
>being a single player only pleb who missed out on the best part of the gen
>>
>>27285258
nah senpai i just think competitive has turned to shit, i still gave it a go but desu Gen 4 was the only time I felt genuine reason to care about end-game teams for online play
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.