[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 10

File: shittiest pokemon game ever.jpg (211KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
shittiest pokemon game ever.jpg
211KB, 1920x1080px
What went wrong?
>>
>>27283417

Niantic
>>
everything but the concept
>>
>>27283417
>no PvP
>what battles we do have aren't actual Pokemon battles
>no trading
>servers constantly on fire
>bugs galore
>only Gen 1
>the only way to get good Pokemon is to find the same Pokemon over and over
>>
Shit tier servers
Retards playing while driving
System encourages people to trespass into places like hospitals and police stations
Devs offer no community interaction and have ties to the US State Department
GP system and rarity tiers make it so unexplainably stupid shit happens, such as a Tentacool unevolved being roughly as strong as a Tauros
>>
>understimated how many would play it
>leveling/evolving mechanics make no sense and get old very fast
>literally zero balance. Vaporeon Lapras Snorlax and Dragonite: the game
>fight mechanics are pretty shit and should have staied similar to the games ones
tl,dr: this>>27283460
>>
>>27283480
>only Gen 1
How is that bad?
>>
Servers.
You can't play more often than you can play.
>>
>>27283502
because the literal children on this board are too young to remember the first 2 gens
>>
File: neo_normalfag_cancer.jpg (171KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
neo_normalfag_cancer.jpg
171KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>27283498
It makes sense for Dragonite to be top tier but the rest don't make sense

Honestly it's a trash game compared to ingress, but it got me a date so it's automatically better than most games
>>
>>27283417
Not SM compatible
>>
>>27283552
literally no one remembers gen 2
>>
>>27283640
Was it the one with the bird gym?
>>
>>27283611
Yes it is?
>>
10km eggs can yield 5 or 2km tier mons. That's bullshit and I'd love to hear how it could be defended with out using the any kind of "Pokemon games have always been a grind fest" argument.

Oh, and gen 1 pandering but that's a tiny issue.
>>
>>27283599
Yehat dragonite makes sense, i'm not even complaining that those are good, just they are just too better than the other 50 FE. I what world would have a Jolteon have problem to take down a Vaporeon? only in this shitty battle system
>>
>>27283695
> Junichi Masuda has stated that he is looking at ways for the game to connect with the next entry in the core series
inb4 yiu just get pokemiles
>>
>>27283502
>>27283552
>over 500 Pokemon aren't included just because
>having less things to collect is okay in a monster collecting game
>>
>Japan gets the game
>Overloads servers worldwide, some players down for more than a day
>players begin playing console games again
>attention spans weaken on Go, the PokeBubble pops
It will still be around for a while, but will it be as popular? Probably not.
>>
>>27283901
at least they get their own servers, isnt that how online things work? multiple servers?
>>
I legitimately don't understand why normies find the game fun

It's a gimmick. The Pokemon you find are random and you can't battle. It's retarded
>>
>>27283901
They get their own servers but for some reason it still affects the US and knocks most the players off yesterday and today. Pretty big fuck up and seems intentional to me. Niantic insiders dumped their stock the day after the release, and made a killing. Its pretty much a bubble game that will pop, like Flappy Bird did (minus the copyright lawsuit Flappy had)
>>
>lol servers
>CATCH EVERYTHING OVER AND OVER AGAIN! INSPIRED GAMEPLAY!
>Play for a week in three different cities and see only 50 pokemon
>no endgame
>no midgame
>no game
>>
>>27283417
the servers
>>
Are the servers back yet?
Today was my day to grind. Fucking lame
>>
>add battles with wild mons
>win a battle to gain a candy for the mon you used and some stardust
Is it fixed?
>>
>>27283697
I wouldn't be surprised if this only happens due to server issues.
>>
>>27283502

are you retarded? so assuming you;'re not just some retarded nostalgia fag, there's several good reasons why the game should have launched with a suite of Pokemon from every generation. So try not to shit yourself while you read this and I'll explain.

1. Different players of the game will be familiar with different generations and that will draw them in.
2. Players who AREN'T familiar with certain Pokemon will still play and those monsters can then be used to market the larger brand to them.
3. I'm fucking tired of Pidgey and Rattata. Give me some Starly and Bidoof. Jesus christ.

Now go and wipe your ass and change your pants.
>>
>>27284281
I feel ya anon.
Drove about 200 miles back to my hometown today. Had to grab some things but was pretty intrested in checking where the pokestops where and what appeared.
>Fucking Japan
>Fucking Niantic pulling this shit, they don't have their shit together for a reason, because its a hype game right now and they want to pop it.
>>
Just uninstalled. Glad I didn't buy anything in game.
>>
>>27284700
>being so assmad about being 17
>>
File: image.jpg (198KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
198KB, 640x640px
It's that bad of a game The new Pokemon games are not even that great there really easy they same story over and over nothing new to Pokemon this is at least a little different and they will add more stuff
>>
>>27283552
Lol us 90s kids, right?
>>
File: 1468211372890.png (175KB, 500x381px) Image search: [Google]
1468211372890.png
175KB, 500x381px
>>27283599
>Snorlax
>makes sense for Dragonite to be top tier but the rest don't make sense
Do you even gen 1 meta
>>
by using ingress portals

fuck you, niantic
>>
>>27283480
This

plus the way you locating them is stupid.
walking around blindly hoping you are going in the right direction because the game does not want you to know in which direction the dam thing is.
>>
>>27283640
Thats just bad taste on this board to be honest, most people i know loved gen 2, myself included. This board is just riddled with "muh stats" fags and just compares pokemon with lower stats to those with higher ones, when thats not what the games were designed for.
>>
>>27283480
>no PvP
>no trading
Both of these are being added soon enough, they've said this themselves.

>servers constantly on fire
They're working on fixing the servers, that's why they put the release in other countries on pause.

>only Gen 1
The other Gens are being added one by one, you do understand they need to have content for future updates right?
>>
>>27288343

"They'll add it later" isn't an excuse for releasing it with almost no content.

>They're working on fixing the servers, that's why they put the release in other countries on pause.

Except they've released it in Canada and are releasing it in Japan today despite the servers crapping out every day since launch.
>>
File: nohax.png (176KB, 384x640px) Image search: [Google]
nohax.png
176KB, 384x640px
>>27283447
Literally the first and only response I thought of. they've had like 4 years to prepare for prime time and they still can't manage data flow worth a fuck.
>>
I don't go outside
>>
>>27284068
Because it's a game made for normies not autistics neckbeards like you anon
>>
File: tumblr_neuhx8Epu21tes6qeo1_400.gif (237KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_neuhx8Epu21tes6qeo1_400.gif
237KB, 320x240px
>>27288777
This is so accurate that it hurts
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 560x340px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 560x340px
This waste of space trying to go off on poe-kay-mans and the dangers of playing it.
>>
>>27288343
fuck off, niantic, we know it's you

on a serious note, the game's mechanics are already bare bone, releasing the game in a blatantly unfinished state is outrageous
>>
File: dwaine.gif (2MB, 374x254px) Image search: [Google]
dwaine.gif
2MB, 374x254px
>>27288545
oh boy, if we thought we had seen autism now, just wait for japan to get it and more importantly see the servers literally exploding
>>
FBI has hands on it. I don't trust them. Enjoy being spied.
>>
Releasing it in beta
>>
>>27288195
Snorlax should be at the levels of lapras jynx magmar and electabuzz
>>
Not fixing the radar and ruining literally the only content in the game which was walking around and catching shit.
>>
>>27283417
>No real battle system
>There is no difference between Meowth and Lickitung, Pikachu and Electrode etc.
Seriously, I hear people getting all excited about getting a Pinsir or whatever, but you can just get a Pokemon with the same/similar types. Why get your penis in a knot about a Jynx or Alakazam when Drowzee are super prominent.
>>
File: Canada Prices.png (24KB, 357x533px) Image search: [Google]
Canada Prices.png
24KB, 357x533px
Also, not necessarily Niantic's fault, but still.
>>
>>27284700
>I'm fucking tired of Pidgey and Rattata
Implying anyone gives a fuck about the 50 or so basment-manchildren complaining on this board. Normies only care about gen 1, Niantic only cares about normies, i thought this was basic knowledge
>>
>>27283480
Adding to this
>pokemon found in cities and parks
>nothing is in the wilderness
I think they should have increased random spawn rates for areas not mapped for anything
>your starter is literally never a factor
I really think they should have made your starter able to use all candies or something. He's suppose to be your #1 bro, not your cp13 forgettable
>>
>>27288777
>braindead game with stale and repetitive content means its more fit for normal people, not the braindamaged
?
>>
>>27294223
Not canadian, but FUCKING THIS!!!
>>
Everything went wrong.
>>
No battles
>>
File: 1457384058203.png (662KB, 862x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1457384058203.png
662KB, 862x1000px
>>27283493
>System encourages people to trespass
>being a square cuck
>>
NO DITTO
>>
>>27283599
Snorlax and Lapras make sense as well. Don't know why Vaporeon was so much stronger than the other two though. Especially Joltshit
>>
Dude, I'll never understand why they lunch a game so unfinished. Right now you shouldn't invest time in it since there is barely any point on playing it.
But one thing is sure it's doing great job spying people.
>>
>>27284700
Gen one is best, kill yerself
>>
>>27294483
Cause it's making them fat cash
>>
>>27294491
>literally liking a pool of 10 usable Pokemon
>literally liking 90% of teams with Tauros
>literally liking 10 turn matches
>>
>>27283417
>pokemon can only be used in gym battles, nothing else
>which is noting but endless screentapping anyway
>pokemon become obsolete almost immediately
>to improve them you have to catch more of the same pokemon, more of which will probably just be stronger than the original one anyway
>rare pokemon are literally useless as such
>because normies play the game 24/7 you have literally no chance of defeating a gym because they are all hundreds of cp above you
>if this is the case, all you can do is catch pokemon for show
>>
>>27294503
If there's one thing I can say about gen 1, it's that there was no way to battle competitively
>>
>>27294483
>it's doing great job spying people.
Elaborate plx
>>
>>27294503
Don't give a fuck bitch, go spend hours breeding your perfect IV shitmon
>>
Nothing.
It caters to normie genwunners, and that's what it set out to do.
>>
>>27294385
This. Your starter should've came with 100 candies or at least be able to power up without stardust or something. My starter is the lowest CP Pokemon I have.
>>
>>27294483
Its not even technically finished since its still version 0.3 or some shit. IDK why they dont just call it a beta.
>>
>>27294529
>no way to battle competitively
Actually there was a way to battle competitively, exactly ONE way to battle competitively, in fact.
>>
>>27294571
Imagine that a game that came out for kids in 96 didn't have the foresight to know neckbeards would want to battle competitively.
>>
>>27294601
Except they had official competitions.
>>
In order of importance
>shit servers
>shit training dynamics
hurr durr catch the same 'mon 100 times to level up. You dont even get to bond with them because you just have to trow 99% of them away, wich is a great part of pokemon success. Also catching 100 pidgeys a day becomes boring very fast
>shit battle mechanics
no strategy or skill involved, just who has the best vaporeon, can tap faster and has less lag wins
>only 4 pokemon are useful
they just shit so much on everyone else it's not even funny
>shit distribution of pokemon and stops/gyms
you live in a pown with less than 100.000 people? I hope you like Rattatas and the only pokestop 10km away
>>
>>27294571
It was shit though. Sleep was broken. Crits were broken. Toxic reset after you switched out. Hyper beam didn't recharge after you killed someone
>>
>>27294681
In order of real importance:
>no game
>>
>>27294726
Right, that's why there was exactly one way to play competitively: a bulky offence featuring Tuaros, Chansey, Exeggutor, and Starmie.
>>
>>27294779
Sounds about right
>>
>>27294681
>you live in a pown with less than 100.000 people?
>living in shitholes in 2016
>>
>>27294730
if it was just catch train and battle with friends or strangers with non retarded mechanics i think it would be fine for a phone game. Kinda like a portable Showdown btu with the catching IRL feature
>>
>>27294681
>>only 4 pokemon are useful
I just don't get how they fuck up so badly. Battles are just tap anyway, which should have made for the perfect opportunity to make every pokemon viable, but nope, it just does the reverse
>>
>>27294842
Right, it would need a real game first. That is literally the first thing they needed to do right, and they fucked up.
>>
>>27294819
Everything must be a metropolis or is a shithole. I live in a 15.000 people town and i bet the life conditions ere are better than shitholes like Detroit
>>
>>27294854
i dotn even know why they felt the need to change the battle mechanics so much, the original one are fine, maybe just water them down and make it 3v3 but the shit we have now is redicolous.
It's like the devs never really know anything about pokemon
>>
>>27294914
Because, Pokemon is not casual enough.

Yes, POKEMON is TOO complex for the average scrub.
>>
>>27283599
please enlighten us on how to go about getting a girl with pokemon go. Did you just walk up and eventually lead into the question after 10mins? I feel it's time to start taking advantage of meeting people outside with such a great icebreaker.
>>
>>27294952
i said watered down in fact, remove the hazards,the items, cut down on a lot of attacks, especially nondemagning moves. You can go as far as removing boosting moves and status too as long as elemetns still fucking mean something. A game where a Jolteon cant reliably defeat vaporeon or lapras has no fucking excuses
>>
>>27295116
>join local facebook group
>ask if people want to meet up to walk in some popular public place filled with pokes
>get a mixed response, deal with autistic people that show up
>go again, girls feel more comfortable around you, you just want to have fun and not try to lead them under a bridge to rape them
>>
>>27283417
>only Gen 1
>>
I don't have any major complaints because a) It's going to be updated seeing as it has immense popularity and b) If you're going outside JUST to play then you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>27294223
Wow Rogers is shit. I've got 6GB data and unlimited text to us for 130
>>
>>27294819
>Wanting to be surrounded by retards and hipsters 24/7
>Being a metrocuck
Cmon man, smaller cities and towns are the way to go
>>
>>27283599
Heh, it got me to meet my new weed contact in the area I moved into earlier this year.
>>
>>27294555
I can't even remember what my starter was I think I transferred it for one candy ages back. At the start of Go I was nicknaming a few pokemon that I thought I would keep and I ended up throwing them all away. I found a place with tons of magnetons and voltorbs which I thought would be a good counter to all the lapras, Garydos, and vapes heading the gyms in my area but after looking up their max CP potential and the evolution multiplier they truly are worth fuck all.

I really feel like one of the nay sayers but I think this will die down hugely in one month. I intend on selling my nintendo shares and maybe buying them back later. This could have remained really big by including a more appropriate leveling system and battling capability.

I hope that as this dies it becomes apparent that in order to maintain a playerbase and reduce dropoff they need a substantial amount of complexity (which they try to create the illusion of initially by explaining nothing). Unfortunately however the death of pokemon GO will probably be attributed to something stupid like not having good servers for new players... Realistically Niantic probably knows how shallow this game is and how much staying power it is going to have, the people left fully committed to playing out of thousands exposed will probably be ones spending actual dosh.

Every "successful" "polished" mobile game ultimately is about getting retards to spend money on fake coins to make the game barely enjoyable.
>>
>>27295884
> really feel like one of the nay sayers but I think this will die down hugely in one month.
The fanbase is so big i think it'll last a bit more than that, but i agree there will be a huge loss in terms of players

>>27283417
>What went wrong?
They released an unfinished game
>>
>no real battle system to level up your pokemon, just repetitive grinding shit

how could they drop the ball this hard, christ
>>
>>27294223
I've got unlimited data, calls and texts for £20 a month, how can one country be so cucked?
>>
>>27294870
God imagine playing it in detroit

>you caught...A bullet whiteboi
>>
>>27295116
I had to go to the downtown to do some shit, but after i was done i thought of playing for a bit, noticed a lure, went over there, this qt3.14 blonde shorter than me was chuggin some balls you know, asked her what level she is, is that her lure, told her with my reddit knowledge that its prob the cafee next to us luring tourists, asked her if she wanted to take over a gym 500 m away, she said she had to meet somefriends so we parted
>>
>>27300388
Cont.
2 days later, me and my bro were in the oldtown after some cringy normie pokehunt watching some sandniggers perform, when i turn around and see her again
Hi, hi, weird that we met like that again, did you level up since then, that's nice, you wanna go catchin tommorow? What your fb? Nice, cya later.

The date was today, we caught a pikachu each and fucked some valor gyms over told her about all these silphroad leaks, will keep dating later
>>
>>27283502
The absolutely tiny selection of Pokemon available is killing me man.
>>
>>27294223
Get Wind if you can.

But yeah, shit sucks. I won't be able to play this game for a while because of these crappy phone plans.
Thread posts: 105
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.