[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is this mew legit? ive owned the red cartridge for years but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: mew.jpg (54KB, 473x474px) Image search: [Google]
mew.jpg
54KB, 473x474px
is this mew legit? ive owned the red cartridge for years but never played it since it had some other kids save on it and I couldn't bring myself to delete it

it was bought off ebay in 02, trainer name is Ash and has only 2 badges and some other nicknamed pokemon

someone on here said that it's most likely legit because of the original trainer name
>>
Who fucking cares, the old cartridges are obsolete and nothing from them transfers over.
>>
File: 3e3.jpg (97KB, 600x634px) Image search: [Google]
3e3.jpg
97KB, 600x634px
>>27279315
>Who fucking cares
>>
File: image.jpg (54KB, 481x637px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 481x637px
>>27279300
/r/taylorswift
>>
>>27279315
>he doesn't know
>>
>>27279340
????
>>
>>27279376
>"Y-You can transfer Pokémon from the old games, it just takes several different pieces of hardware including two GBAs to trade between, save data editing software, a rom card and a legit cartridge!"
Just inject it. :^)
>>
A friend traded me a Mew as a child once. He got it from his brother who had more than one, so I'm 100% sure it was hacked with an ancient replay or something, but it was the only Mew I could ever get my hands on back in the day so I didn't care.

>playing Blue on the 3DS right now
>caught a Mew before fighting Misty using the glitch
Feels empty inside.
>>
>>27279433
it takes two pieces of hardware you carat nose smiley mongoloid

one to back up your save and one to take that save to put onto a computer

>just inject it
t. guy who never injected anything before
>>
>>27279300
no one knows but the answer is probably not. There wasn't exactly great documentation back in the day and so we don't know what the valid OTs and id numbers were
>>
>>27279300
I doubt it's legit but most Mews weren't legit. It's super easy to glitch to catch one at level 7 or below. I've caught 1 or 2 on Blue on virtual console, and several more on actual hard copies of the games. You would know by the OT if it was legit, but that only matters if you wanna brag or sell it. It's way too easy to do the Mew glitch to get it.
>>
>>27279300
Oh hey I remember you, you asked me about the legitmacy of your mew in the "Black cart at 711" thread.
The OT suggests it's real but the level is throwing me off. It's likely real so nice find.
>>
Did you buy it from a Canadian?
>>
>>27279894
Well it's level is off because I assume the kid leveled him up a bit
Thanks for replying tho m8.
>>
>>27279917
Oh Nvm it was the same OT in the US. Still, it's above level 5 so it's possible!
>>
>>27279917
Don't remember, though due to geographical location it's certainly possible

The trainers name is "Ash" so the only way the OT could be named Yoshira is if someone named themselves Yoshira, did the glitch, and then traded it.

But the game cartridge only has 2 badges, don't you unlock trading later in the game?
>>
>>27279958
You unlock trading as soon as you get to the second town, I think, or at the very latest, after defeating the first gym. Also the first 2 or 3 gyms are pretty far apart. Aside from the OT, there aren't any other telltale signs of whether it's legit or not. Pretty cool if it is! There were 3 US and 1 Canadian distribution of Yoshira Mew.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_European_language_event_Pok%C3%A9mon_distributions_in_Generation_I
>>
File: 1468948553550.png (55KB, 217x190px)
1468948553550.png
55KB, 217x190px
>>27280005
Thank you based anon
>>
>>27279919
What I mean is he seems too low, actually.
I'm biased by the recent events but I thought I remembered legends always being given at level 30 minimum, usually 50.
But according to bulbapedo you could get Gen I distribs as low as 5 so yeah, you have a legit eventmon on hands, for all that's worth.
>>
>>27279315
It is still of enormous value to have one of these even if they don't transfer over to the later games. It's a very rare pokemon collectible. If I had a shiny legendary pokemon that was authentic it would pale in value to what this thing is.

I've only ever met one person who had a legitimate one of these. I've personally only seen them from the glitch and thats it.
As far as I know there is no way to prove with absolute certainty that this mew is real. Makes no sense to me that somebody would even want to sell something this rare in the first place.
>>
>>27280279
gl hf when save battery dies
>>
>>27280608
Trade to a game with a new save battery. Lossless battery replacement is also possible. Did it with my Super Mario Bros Deluxe.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.