[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wimp out is a bad ability. Its very situational and on a slow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

File: Pokemon-Sun-July-19-1.png (61KB, 820x556px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon-Sun-July-19-1.png
61KB, 820x556px
Wimp out is a bad ability. Its very situational and on a slow pokemon like Wimpod its very disadvantageous since of its outsped and its HP is taken below half it will be forced to swich out without even attacking. I fucking hope its evolution has a different ability or shell armor as a hidden ability. Ive been wanting a usable bug/water type for a while and I hope GF doesnt fuck up.
>>
>>27273200
It's going to evolve.
Wimpod is a gag Pokemon that sucks until you put the effort in, just like Feebas and Magikarp.
>>
>>27273234
t. John Gamefreak
>>
>>27273245
John Commonsense, actually.
>>
>>27273252
>/vp/
>in charge of knowing shit beforehand

Nice try Richard. I won't be fooled a third time.
>>
>>27273234
Would make sense. You cant weaken it too hard with out it fleeing
>>
>>27273200
This thing is going to be hell to catch.
>>
>>27273200
>A slow pokemon like Wimpod

How do you know it or its possible evo are slow? Wouldn't you imagine a pokemon built around being skiddish would be fast?

You're also basically saying Red Card is a shitty item. Its a situational item. This is a situational pokemon, Its not as braindead as Swarm or Moxie but its also not useless.

I guess my point is, why are you assuming its stats and movepool wont be made for its ability?
>>
What do you think its HA will be?
I'm expecting Rattled
>>
>>27273286
Quickball.
>>
>>27273200
It will get Mold breaker when it evolves,

I would slap speed scarf on it and use it as check.
>>
>>27273326
Shell armor since its kabuto armor in japanese and sorta makes sense
>>27273311
I just assume since both Kabutops and Armaldo arent the fastest pokemon. Then again it did outspeed Vikavolt although that could have been intentional. Even so its gping to have a mediocre speed unless its evolution is a twist. And honestly I hope it keeps its body shape and doesnt become bipedal like the other 2 to be more unique
>>
>>27273351
And what happens if I want to catch it in something else?
>>
>>27273517
Throw Pokeballs at it?
>>
File: costanza 2.png (201KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
costanza 2.png
201KB, 500x373px
>>27273270
>Richard
>making assumptions that aren't linked to the all-knowing dex
>>
This ability literally gives you switch advantage if it has less than 1/2 its health.

Then again, I should know better from the board who thought Mega Sableye, Mega Slowbro and Mega Metagross and Talonflame were going to be bad.
>>
>>27273641
People on this board also think mimikyu is gonna be bad too, /vp/ is never right.
>>
>>27273200
We'll have to see how it actually works in-game.

What if, as soon as the HP bar drops below 50%, he is immediately returned without taking the rest of the damage? We don't know, but it could be possible. We'll just have to see it used in-game.
>>
>>27273641
If you give this thing U-Turn and have a pokemon with with on your team, it will live forever.
>>
>>27273286
The Net Ball stacks. It and Surskit are 4x weak to the ball.
>>
>>27273311
I think you mean eject button
>>
>>27273286
Just paralyze and throw netballs till you catch it.
>>
>>27273517
Put it to sleep and throw everything else
>>
While we are talking about Wimpod and its evolution. Its entry goes on about " poisonous liquid that it spits out." Whats the chance that it evolves into a poison bug?
>>
>>27274101
it does have purple on it
>>
>>27273200
>Slow
>Outspeeds the electric bug

Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>27274101
I think its going to remain water/bug. Remember that quite a few of the 3 stage starter bugs get psychic moves without ever being psychic. this probably can learn some poison coverage moves while remaining water/bug.
>>
If its evo is fast with some good support moves like Yawn+Stealth Rock or screens it will be useful for setups
>>
File: ishyhddt.png (28KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
ishyhddt.png
28KB, 125x125px
>>27273200
>aruging about the competitive viability of a NFE
>>
File: 1469002383590.jpg (71KB, 600x347px) Image search: [Google]
1469002383590.jpg
71KB, 600x347px
PUTTING ALL MY CHIPS ON WIMPOD
>>
It's based largely on a wharf roach. It'll probably be fast.
>>
>>27273200
give it this one item that lets your pokemon remain with 1 hp and its pretty good
>>
>>27274354
If its a bulky mon it wont help it. If its a swift killer its an ok ability but kinda cant set up unless you predict a swich but priority can still screw him over
>>
>>27273200
>Pokemon is about competitive battling and not designing things to convey ideas and implementing abilities and movesets as part of this design
You're missing the point. It's a good ability because it is part of the concept. Similar to how Farfetch'd and Dunsparce are good because they have terrible stats.
>>
>>27273200
I see you've met Wimpod

We trained it wrong.

As a joke.
>>
>>27273200
To me it looks like a Feebas or Magicarp where the first evo is weak/useless and it's going to transform into something strong and with character.

There's no way to know for sure but I'm 90% sure it'll turn out into something Brave upon evolving.

I just hope they don't fuck with us and make it's evolution bug/flying again.
>>
>>27274816
It looks more like Abra to me; hard to catch because it escapes. Little to no offensive options until evolution (speculative).
>>
Could you possibly get a wimpod with a brave nature or will they make it so you can't?
>>
>It gets intimidate upon evolving
Oh how the tables have turned
>>
File: 250px-284Masquerain[1].png (38KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-284Masquerain[1].png
38KB, 250x250px
>>27274879
>Bug/Water
>gets Intimidate when it evolves

N-no... not again! It was supposed to be different this time!
>>
Bruh it outspeeds Vikavolt it ain't slow
>>
I think his evo will have Scolipede-esque stats, a fast physical sweeper with good defense
>>
>>27273737
Untrue.
>>
>>27274891
it's a new form of intimidate that decrease SPE ATK instead, and it's bug poison.
>>
>>27274958
>Bug/Poison

THAT'S NOT ANY BETTER
>>
>>27274891
Get that abomination out of my face
>>
I hope it becomes Volcarona 2.0
>>
>>27273200
>Its very situational and on a slow pokemon like Wimpod its very disadvantageous since of its outsped and its HP is taken below half it will be forced to swich out without even attacking.

I was kind of hoping this wouldn't be the case and it would be at the end of the turn. Otherwise yeah, with stealth rock, you're not going to want to switch a lot.

Am also hoping for a gyarados/feebas situation though. Bug/water has waited too long for anything less than an OU beast
>>
>>27275024
Explain please
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.