[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hyper Training is shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

File: 1459832319990.jpg (16KB, 240x280px) Image search: [Google]
1459832319990.jpg
16KB, 240x280px
It's a tedious method that gamefreak clearly didn't think about when they decided they should throw competitive players a bone. Seriously, after adding EXP scaling they decide to make Hyper Training's requirement to be lvl 100? AND you have to go find some kind of bottle cap item?

You can say it's easier than breeding, but in the end it'll still be a tedious method that gets boring really quick. Barely anyone actually likes to grind.

They should've just gotten rid of IVs all together and come up with a new system.
>>
it's better than my pokemon being absolutely fucked permanently if its ivs are shit. It's also better than perpetually soft resetting legendaries.
>>
>>27271616
The saying "Looking a gift horse in the mouth" comes to mind when I read your post.
>>
>>27271693
I mean yeah, it's obviously "better than nothing" but the whole thing reeks of a lazy attempt like Super Training was.
>>
>>27271616
It may be a sign of some high-level areas
I know B2W2 was the first game I actually got a pokemon to level 100 without using it against the elite four hundreds of times or abusing a glitch involving a shoreline.
>>
File: image.jpg (69KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69KB, 1280x720px
>>27271616
>Grinding to level 100
>Hard with the new EXP share
Granted 50 should've been the cap but it's not nowhere NEAR as hard as it used to be.
>>
File: iliketoeatshitandballs.jpg (7KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
iliketoeatshitandballs.jpg
7KB, 224x225px
>>27271616
>training
>implying we still wont inject
>>
>>27272255
That's what I mean. It's still a tedious and annoying method that will get boring very fast and people will go back to injecting.

Which is why I wish they made a whole overhaul of the system instead of just trying to put a bandaid on it.
>>
>>27271724
Super Training was a good attempt though.
>>
File: image.jpg (149KB, 588x766px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
149KB, 588x766px
>>27272331
>Training In-Game Pokemon to beat the Gym Leaders and Elite Four
>Implying we won't inject and steamroll the game.
>>
>>27271616
I'll tell you a secret, something that is only apparent to people who actually have braincells.

Hyper Training will be absolutely useless for breeeding competitive teams and its real usefulness will come from being able to get perfect legendary pokemon and those event pokemon with unique moves.

So sure a few kids and retards that knoe absolutely nothing about the meta will be happy that their 'bro' they used in the story or the random shiny they found isn't completely garbage now, but breeding isn't going anywhere. After all, egg moves, natures, genders, hidden abilties and balltism are still the most important reasons to breed, IVs are just the final tedious step.

And if Super Training is anything to go by, Hyper Training will be even more tedious than IV breeding.
>>
>>27271616
Yeah, it bothers me. They should be giving incentives not to hack, but this, at the very least, encourages player to hack rare candies just to get all their Pokemon to level 100.

I think GameFreak fails to realise that when we say we want competitive Pokemon to be easily obtainable, we're not asking for the rest of the game to be easy.

The fact is, if you're playing competitively, you'll get those Pokemon one way or another. Half of us hack because it's quicker and we got sick of Bike Simulator a long time ago. So since we're going to obtain them somehow anyway, why not just make that easier and less tedious? But instead, they make the REST of the game easier and put barely any content in it.
>>
IVs are literally what made me stop playing pokemon competitively
>>
>>27271616
Working towards something with an actual progress indicator will always be better than playing the egg lottery ad infinitum where you could get what you want in 5 minutes or 5 days with no indications of how close you are to your goal.
>>
>>27272531
>he doesn't understand how Gen 6 breeding works
>>
>>27272491
What, why? The only IV you absolutely need to have perfect is speed. The others only impact match ups marginally.

Breeding is easy as fuck in gen 6 and requires next to no effort; it can be done while you do other things even.
>>
>>27272531
Of course. That still doesn't mean both aren't a tedious grind.
>>
>>27272540
hidden power is not marginal
>>
I'll just continue genning if it's really that tedious.
>>
>>27272557
Yes it is. So few pokemon give a shit about hidden power its completely irrelevant to any discussion about breeding as a whole.
>>
>>27272557
Hidden Power is only worth having to deal with 4x weaknesses. Otherwise it's pointless.
>>
>>27272547
>level 100
>tedious grind
not with lucky eggs and O-Auras being easy to get even early game.
Sice IV are now irelevant you can even just trade for nature now.
If you wonder trade you can get free candies too so you can skip the last 10 levels. which are the slowest ones.
>>
>>27272859
Don't forget the secret base stuff you could do in ORAS, you could easily get from 1 to 100 in a few fights.
>>
>>27271616
>I haven't played the game yet but this feature I know almost nothing about is shit! SHIIIIIIT!!!
>>
>>27271723
he's/she's not so much looking as punching it.

>>27271616
stop complaining when theres seriously nothing to complain about, Its super fucking easy to get your pokemon to level 100, 5 year olds are doing faster than your lazy ass probably, and i bet the new pokemon we just saw, wimpod, will be the method for collecting these bottlecaps.
seriously, stop yo bitchin.
>>
>>27272859
Grinding to level 100 is only part of it. And it's a needless step only there to artificially inflate the time needed to get perfect IVs.

>>27272952
No fucking shit it's easy, the problem is that it's tedious. Sure, it's an improvement from the old system, but that doesn't mean we should glorify it as the perfect solution.

Then again, if I'm talking to someone who prefers to waste their time doing monotonous tasks to have a shitty sense of reward, then there's no reasoning with you.

Fuck off, GF apologist.
>>
>>27271616
well you aren't wrong, a better system would be lovely.
>>
>>27271734
They give you a lucky egg in that game
>>
>>27272536
Even with two 4iv parents, it's still taken me hours sometimes to get even a 5iv offspring, even with destiny knot and everstone, purely just because of bad RNG.
I'm not saying HT will replace breeding though, I still think breeding will be quicker, but breeding is still far from a guaranteed quick mon in gen 6. I think HT is gonna be far more useful for legendaries, in game mons, shinies and events.
>>
>>27271616
>come up with a new system
Rendering all Pokemon I and others have bred throughout the years obselete. Good idea.

Getting to level 100 isn't hard, and now there's finally an incentive again to reach lvl 100. This is a life-improving solution that doesn't make having perfect IVs an absolutely trivial task.
>>
>>27272464
>balltism
Why do people keep on saying this is a benefit of breeding. You can catch a Pokemon species in whatever fucking ball you want, then hyper train it.
>hidden abilities
Aren't from breeding. You have to catch the Pokemon first.
>natures
Synchronize
>genders
You seriously breed for gender? Any rate, same odds catching or breeding. Can use Cute Charm for potentially higher catching.
>egg moves
Assuming you need more than one and we have no replacement for DexNav.
>>
>>27275664
>2 4iv parents
>not 1 4iv parent and a 6iv ditto

I think anon was right.
>>
>>27271616
the games aren't even out yet
>>
>>27275944
>6IV Ditto
If you're going to breed with blatantly hacked Pokemon, what's even the point in breeding?
>>
>>27273112
Isn't breeding ad infinitum a monotonous task?
>>
Just a semi-offtopic question:

What's the fastest method to train to level 100 in XY?
>>
Fuck Hyper training. It's just a in-game cheating device to placate the casual masses. The fact that /vp/ is actually celebrating this change means they're nothing but whiners who can't put in the hours to breed or soft-reset competitive Pokemon. IVs were the golden standard that prevented the common random loser from entering the competitive scene. Why the fuck does Nintendo cater to them? They're nothing. Nothing.
>>
>>27276051
Lucky Egg grinding the Elite 4 or Battle Chateau.

Le Wow works too and can actually be the best. I'd recommend running around until Elite 4 members/Audino girls spawn and then clear them out, scoping for any more that spawn after, and once you run out of good trainers, head up to Cafe Le Wow.

get 3 lucky eggs from OR/AS, put them on whatever you want to level, pop an Exp Power Lv. 3, and then tear through it getting something like 150,000XP or more. Recharge O-Powers, come back, do it again.
>>
>>27276015
Because it requires using one hacked Pokemon vs dozens.

And I didn't hack the Ditto, nor am I using it competitively, so for all intents and purposes, it isn't hacked. That's just where my morals fall. I'm still putting time into breeding.
>>
>>27276067
>bike simulator fag salty that we're taking his prized 6iv work from him with a tenth of the effort
Delicious tears
>>
>>27271724
Super Training is well-executed though

People who don't know shit about EV training in-depth or currently don't have the means to EV train with hordes can shell out a few minutes and get their mons up to speed.

Granted, I'm not exactly happy about having to get my mons to level 100, but it's better than nothing. My shit IV diancie finally gets to live, I guess.
>>
>>27272216
>he never tried to actively get Pokemon to level 100 in Gen V
>>
The most useful application is taking away the need to soft reset legendary Pokémon. Breeding is faster than than using this method for anything breedable. You can even get any Ditto and raise its IV's to 31x6 and have a good time desu.
>>
>>27272216
>Granted 50 should've been the cap
Oh boy time to get to level 50and then steroid all my 'mons up to absolutely trash the Elite 4 and ruin the point of them being supposedly elite, top tier trainers
>>
>>27275664
>two 4iv parents
So you started with two rusty bars and then you get upset when whatever you were building was rusty and weak
>>
>>27275664
I started with a Friend Safari ditto and a freshly-caught Riolu and got two 5IV lucarios in 90 minutes. Git gud
>>
>>27271724
Super Training is just a mini game that actually does shit. Plus they threw in reset bags for people who already know what they are doing.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.