[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>25 pokemon revealed >still no mega evos announced

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_20160719_194313.jpg (15KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160719_194313.jpg
15KB, 299x168px
>25 pokemon revealed
>still no mega evos announced
>>
>>27267831
Mega evolutions were the focal point of Gen 6, so it obvious why they paid more attention to them during X and Y's hype season. Sure they'll announce one eventually, but I have a feeling they'll put more focus on the new 5th move mechanic soon
>>
>>27267875
The fact that one hasn't even been mentioned in passing makes me wonder though.

From the centre of Gen 6 to not a casual mention? I'm sure new Hidden Abilities were revealed by now in the Gen 6 reveal
>>
>>27267831
Megas were revealed in August. Wait a couple more weeks.
>>
Best for laughs, relax, besides new Megas are confirmed so don't think nothing is happening.
>>
>>27267831
the megas are being saved for the grand finally of the promotional hype.

there is still months left until release.
>>
>wanting Megas
Fuck that.

4th Gen style evolutions were the best.
>>
>>27267831
>25 Pokemon revealed
>No gym leaders shown
>>
File: mega-beedrill2.jpg (83KB, 736x835px) Image search: [Google]
mega-beedrill2.jpg
83KB, 736x835px
>>27268041

Confirmed for not having a bro that was finally given new life by Mega Evolutions.
>>
File: 1453092358276.jpg (19KB, 217x395px) Image search: [Google]
1453092358276.jpg
19KB, 217x395px
is there a way to turn megas off

they look really stupid and kinda ruin the world of pokemon for me
>>
>>27268104
Don't give your Pokemon mega stones?
>>
>>27268148
i've not played a game with megas so i dont know. i've just seen the pics. but will i encounter then in the wild? i literally don't want to see or hear about them or fight them.
>>
>>27268165

>but will i encounter then in the wild?

No, but some gym leaders and the Elite 4 have them. Suck it up, cupcake.
>>
>>27268104
If you don't use megas, then they'll only show up against other humans and rare, powerful npc trainers. In X/Y for instance, the main villain and the Champion had megas.
>>
>>27268165
The only times you'll see a mega that isn't yours in XY are the ones used by the person that introduces them to you, the main villain, the champion, and the Rival. And you'll only see them once except the rival, which is a postgame battle anyways.

ORAS has a few more I think but if you don't use them you'll only see them 3 times in the main story of XY
>>
>>27267831
Good.
They are doing the opposite of ORAS.
We will have to discover the new megas by ourselves.
>>
>>27268165
Thats not how megas work
And you have to fight some
Theyre all over online anyways
Just get over it
>>
>>27268085

Dumb post. Beedrill was already fully evolved. The problem with Mega Evolutions is that Pokemon who could have gotten a proper evolution got a mega instead, ending any chance of them getting a permanent evo.
>>
>>27268165
>>27268104

Work on your OCD. Mega evolutions don't "ruin" anything other than on an individual basis.

And besides, once you actually play the games you'll probably enjoy them, you are just predisposed against them for no good reason.
>>
Megas were a mistake.
>>
>>27268663
Why was this needed?
If pokemon got a permanent evo, they would have been given lower BST.

Mega Evolution gives you an evolution AND a higher BST than what you would have gotten anyways.
>>
File: Mega Beedrill.jpg (208KB, 1000x694px) Image search: [Google]
Mega Beedrill.jpg
208KB, 1000x694px
>>27268620

Is that supposed to be a negative?

>>27268663

>Beedrill was already fully evolved.

...Yes, exactly. That was my point. Congratulations. If not for Mega Evolutions, Beedrill would still be resigned to the bottom of the barrel. I will always be happy that they do exist for that reason.

>The problem with Mega Evolutions is that Pokemon who could have gotten a proper evolution got a mega instead

That isn't a problem with Mega Evolutions, that's a problem with Game Freak's decision-making process (and Eviolite).
>>
>>27268761

Are you daft? If a pokemon gets a regular evolution instead of a Mega, they can still get a Mega later. But instead, a bunch of bottom tier Pokemon got a Mega that will forever prevent them from being good since Game Freak has a stupid rule that Megas get exactly 100 more BST, regardless of how shit they were before.
>>
File: 1467423474610.jpg (92KB, 1121x1004px) Image search: [Google]
1467423474610.jpg
92KB, 1121x1004px
>>27268720
Your birth was a mistake.
>>
File: IMG_20160717_235014.jpg (15KB, 215x213px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160717_235014.jpg
15KB, 215x213px
My making of this thread was a mistake
>>
>>27268085
>New life
No. Your friend is still irrelevant. There's just a few friend that came along who looks similar.

Mega-evolution aren't a way to make irrelevant mons relevant because the mega-evos are pretty much new mons as they have an entirely different design philosophy.

I wish they'd just go back and buff stats rather than this stuff. It's a shame.

Heracross was my bro ;_;
>>
>>27269096

That was the easier and more interesting option, yes.
>>
>>27270937

I'm sorry that you don't like the Mega your bro got, but he's still Heracross, as mine is still Beedrill.
>>
>>27269584
My dad's wife says it was a miracle!
>>
>>27271057

I agree, Megas were the right route to take. Not all of them were flawless executions, but the heart was generally in the right place.
>>
mega evo is a gen 6 exclusive mechanic
just like the underground or pokelympics it will stay in gen 6 and won't ever return

god I wish this was true so badly ;_;
>>
Megas were such a disappointment. There are some good ones, but otherwise so much wasted potential to boost mons.
>>
>>27269557
>Implying you can't minmax like Mega Beedrill
>>
>>27273337
I wish/hope soar isn't a gen VI only mechanic.

Shit was kind of pointless but fun as hell. It felt like Final Fantasy airships
>>
Megas wete a mistake. I hope they retcon it.
>>
>>27267956
>new Megas are confirmed
Don't get me wrong, I really want mega back, and it's almost a certitude, but how is this fully confirmed
>>
>>27267875
Mega evolution wasn't announced til August
>>
Megas suck. Less the better.

It was obnoxious having the story tell you lore about it even after the tutorial.
>>
megas are almost all fucking retarded looking so I'm glad
>>
>>27273337
Yeah just like how form changes are Gen 4 exclusive. You cant change Rotom, Shaymin, Giratina, or Cherrim's forms outside of gen 4.
Look at all these gen 5 Pokemon, not a single one with two forms.
>>
>>27267831

Thank goodness. Hopefully they just go back to evolutions of older pokemon.
>>
>>27267924
Yeah cause it's not the hot new mechanic now, how do you not get this?
>>
>>27267831
>unironically wanting more megas
>>
>>27268761

>he says while Tangrowth got exactly a 100 base stat increase from Tangela.

kids.
>>
>>27270937
>implying normal heracross isn't still strong as fuck
Just because your favourite mons aren't OU beasts that can sweep entire teams it doesn't mean they're trash

when will vp ever learn
>>
>>27267831
Megas were literally the worst thing to happen to pokemon
>>
>>27267831
Things seem to be building up to the reveal of whatever those gem things are. They are apparently connected to this new move junk they've also mentioned. They also have a henshin pose just like Mega evolution did.
>>
just came in here to say that megas suck ass and are the worst cash-grab in the main games ever
>>
>I care about the mechanics of a game that is so shallow that only a handful of pokemon are useful at all
>>
I really hope they don't bring back Megas.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.