[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What version to try for an oldfag?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: index.jpg (20KB, 318x158px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
20KB, 318x158px
Okay, so I haven't played pokemon since yellow came out. I'm thinking of firing up an emulator, but I don't know which version I should play.

Which version that can be emulated on PC is the best? Is there one with a particularly interesting story, or are they all basically just red/blue/yellow done in different ways? Also if there's one with romance (I doubt there is, but I figured I'd bring it up) then that would be cool too.

tl;dr played old Pokemon when I was younger, haven't played it since, but want to try a more recent version that can be emulated. Suggestions?
>>
Emerald
>>
>>27267761
Try pokémon mystery dungeon rescue team. If you want mainline games, try HGSS to get accostumed with the new mechanics and the physical/special split and then try playing BW/BW2.
>>
>>27268014
Don't listen to this mung. The new games are shitty weeaboo cronge. Go with emerald.
>>
FR/LG are the only good games that have come out since yellow.
>>
>>27268061
>liking gen 3
LOL
>>
Black 2/White 2 has a date side quest of sorts where you can find some TV personality's phone.
>>
>>27268061
>Emeraldfag
Why are hoennbabies such idiots?
Hoenn sucks, it's the reason most people stopped playing, asking a genwunner to return to gen III is to ask them to enjoy what drove them away from the franchise, you retarded underage faggot.
>>
>>27267761
I would play Platinum. A lot of people are probably gonna say Black 2 and White 2 but those are sequels to black and white Storywise so you probably wouldn't know what the fuck is happening.
>>
Fire Red / Leaf Green
>>
>>27267761

Emerald is the most well-rounded game for a returning player who wants something not too radically different. Solid story, world, pokemon selection, everything.

The newest games are much "friendlier" and more bubbly/social in tone and step away from the "lone adventuring hero" setup. And yes, some slight romance does usually appear. There's usually a "date scene" somewhere, either in the story or as side content. No physical contact though.
>>
>>27267761
Go with R/S/E or BW/B2W2, you can never go wrong with those
or you could go with HG/SS I guess
>>
>>27268138
>hoennbaby
>underage

Pick one bitch. I was 10 when R&S came out.
>>
>>27268138

Careful with that autism there son.

He's right, Emerald is the safest bet for a returning player if they don't want to jump straight to the newest games.
>>
>>27268190
You'll be perpetually underage for me, Hoenbaby.
>>
File: ktm_rendo.jpg (38KB, 802x603px) Image search: [Google]
ktm_rendo.jpg
38KB, 802x603px
>>27268138
>>27268214
Hoenn"babies" are around 20 years old these days, anon
>>
>>27268210
It isn't though, HGSS are better or even Platinum. Emerald isn't a lot of improvement over Crystal and it's sure to disappoint him if he's expecting a big change. I'm not saying he should play X/Y.
>>
>>27268225
And it's sad, in a few years Kalosperms will be able to post and say shit like how Gen VI was the best. A dreadful thought.
>>
>>27268238
>isn't a lot of improvement
Is this a notion upheld by muh day/nighttime and muh charizardtransfer qq memes? Either that or contrarian Sinnohfetuses believe that, without really knowing anything of the games that saved mons from just dying at gen 2
>>
>>27268238

He said he's going to emulate. HGSS has too many emulator-unfriendly features, being on the DS and all. They're a good second option anyway though.
>>
>>27268250
>>27268214

Kill yourself. I'd take 10 "hoennbabies" over one autistic shitposter like you.
>>
>>27268329
The only thing that changed was the added abilities.
>m-muh contests
Contests are shit.

Gen IV was the worst for me, since it's slow as fuck, but it did implement the physical/special split.
>>
>>27268370
>Everyone who disagrees with me is a shitposter.

Wew lad, I'm just saying HGSS is a safer entry point for oldfags and genwunners, and that if he wants an unconventional game with the happy go lucky campy feel of pokémon games the first mystery dungeon is good for that even though explorers of sky is better.
>>
>>27268380
You're forgetting double battles and the battle frontier.
>>
>>27268478
There are like 10 double battles overall and yes, I'll agree the battle frontier was GOAT but HGSS also have a frontier.
>>
FR/LG>>>>>>>>>>>>RSE
>>
>>27268558
E>=FR/LG>>>>>>>>>>>>>RS
ftfy
>>
>>27268380
And Natures. And the IV/EV overhaul. And the Doubles format.

Really Gen V is the only one to add no new central mechanics to battle. There are the Triples and Rotation formats, but most don't bother with them.
>>
>>27268188
Dubs speak truth, OP
>>
>>27268511
and that Frontier was outclassed by the one in Emerald, despite all the "New!" it tried to sell. >>27268675
Gen 5 overhauled a good amount of things, like moves and abilities, much like 6th gen.
>>
>>27267761
Don't listen to the faggots. Gen 3 sucks.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.