[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gen 7

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8

File: image.png (811KB, 1003x409px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
811KB, 1003x409px
http://www.strawpoll.me/10788450

What do you think of the designs so far?

Good? Bad? Put it to a vote
>>
Overwhelmingly positive results are always nice to see.
>>
>>27265221
>http://www.strawpoll.me/10788450
its no surprise that this gen is better than gen 6 already. odd numbered gens are always better than even gens
>>
>>27265337
>people actually think the complete trash we've seen so far is better than gen 6
This board is giving me a fucking migraine.
>>
>>27265221
3, mediocre as hell, still better than GenV.
>>
File: 1394073194955.png (6KB, 313x94px) Image search: [Google]
1394073194955.png
6KB, 313x94px
>>27265488
>still better than best gen
>>
>>27265421

I think it's pretty understandable, but I can see why a lot of people would dislike the new mons probably for the same reason I and a lot of people like them. I think most people who are liking this gen so far enjoy the goofiness, and personality each design seems to have, and see it as a welcome break from 3-4 gens where the design philosophy erred more towards desaturated 'cool' designs.

I'm also really liking the world building GF has done with the pokemons descriptions. It reminds me of being a kid and being super into the fact that Tyranitar would make nests out of mountains etc.
>>
>>27265563
That image is from the most fitting generation.
>>
>>27265587
It's the goofiness and "personality" that are largely the problem, yeah. These don't seem like designs for creatures that make up entire species in an ecosystem, they look like individual characters in a cartoon for little kids.

I'm not saying each design has to be edgy, but you don't have to make every single design a cutesy little doodle that smells pretty and loves hugging. Even Bruxish, which is an aggressively ugly pokemon, still has giant cartoon lips and eyelashes and a big cartoon flower on its head. I want pokemon designs that look like creatures that could exist as a whole species, not just "a silly dragon who plays with kids" or "a silly berry" or "a bear that intentionally has almost no detail whatsoever".
>>
>>27265421
edgy
>>
Pretty much all of my normie friends who I showed the designs to have said they hated them except for a choice few

I agree with them
>>
Bewear is my only complaint.

The rest is fantastic. It's great to see /vp/ agree this gen is great so far.
>>

Nothing mind-blowing, but I like pretty much every Pokémon.
>>
>>27265684

See, that's where the descriptions are coming in handy for me in imagining these mons as part of something bigger/the general pokemon universe, but I totally see where you're coming from.

I'm curious, do you have a problem with mons like Comala/Rockruff/Salandit/Mudsdale? Because they seem to fit what you're talking about.
>>
File: me likey.gif (918KB, 245x281px) Image search: [Google]
me likey.gif
918KB, 245x281px
>>27265221
>>
There's a few I really like, but for the most part this feels like the weakest gen for designs so far. Mostly because Ohmura a shit.
>>
Bewear a shit.

All the other designs are ok at worst.

4 out of 5
>>
>>27265684
You have to remember that Pokemon are monsters, not animals. Stop applying real world logic to them.
>>
>>27265684
This is Pocket Monsters, not Pocket Animals: Species Simulator

You're the worst type of people.
>>
>>27265221
3, which is coinsidently the number of mons shown that I like.
>>
File: new precious babies.jpg (378KB, 1280x1810px) Image search: [Google]
new precious babies.jpg
378KB, 1280x1810px
A pretty solid 4. The ones I like the least are at worst just kind of boring, but everything else is good to great.
>>
>>27265799
Comala/Rockruff/Modsdale are kinda dull, but I don't have a problem with them. Salandit is great.
>>
>>27265221

To me it has great potential.
Most showed are the plebemons like Beedrill, Pidgeot etc and I like nearly all of them.

I am pretty sure there's going to be alot of 10/10 mons this gen
>>
Only a few I love, but also only a few I dislike, the rest are all varying degrees of decent/good. I put 4 because overall I'm pretty happy so far and optimistic about the rest of the dex.
>>
>>27265684
the mangosteen mon is what you want though

Actually everything but Drampa, Mimikyu, Wimpod, and the starters seem like species rather than characters. I will agree that it's a worrying trend, though. I like Pokémon with more neutral expressions in their basic designs.
>>
File: 42345.jpg (36KB, 225x235px) Image search: [Google]
42345.jpg
36KB, 225x235px
>>27265221
You know, at first I HATED Bewear. But as the actual joke of it dawned on me, i really warmed up to it a lot. It's a big stupid hotdog monster that's the most babyfied pokemon to come out of recent gens, but it's completely intentional.

Like, It's a big fluffy mascot that will absolutely ruin your day. And when people misjudge it for being a literal fucking teddy bear, it mauls them. intentionally or otherwise. To the point where the natives need to put up warnings so tourists stop getting their shit stomped thinking it's a big cuddly mascot they can snuggle and take selfies with.

Reminds me a lot of pic related for anyone who actually recognizes it.

Or maybe i'm trying to justify a shit design to myself, i don't know.
>>
>>27265915
>>27265947
>le "MONSTERS NOT ANIMALS" maymay
They're not literal animals but they're still species that exist in a world.
For example, Honedge is one of my favorite pokemon. It's a possessed sword, simple enough.

I don't know, maybe I'm over-reacting to the lei pokemon, but I still don't like it. It's just "Klefki: Hawaiian Edition".
>>
>>27266014
Finally soneone understands me.
This is actually the FUNNIEST one of them all.
It looks so goofy I actually can't dislike it.

Literally a dangerously friendly Pokemon.
>>
>>27266032
Stating that Pokemon aren't animals but monsters is a fact. Species as classification for Pokemon is not the same as animals since they're fantasy creatures. Hence the "stop applying real world logic to them."
>>
>>27266088
Except that they're treated as species within an ecosystem by all official media
>>
>>27266111
Explain to me how ghost types, and Pokemon like Google and Klefki fit into a natural ecosystem.
>>
>>27266147
Google is a Pokemon now? No wonder they kept doing cross-promos
>>
>>27266147
>Google
*Voltorb
>>
>>27266147
>Google
>>
File: bear hug.png (374KB, 1186x622px) Image search: [Google]
bear hug.png
374KB, 1186x622px
>>27266014

>Dozens of people are killed each year by wild Bewears due to not following safety protocols.
>Don't be one of them!
>Remember: Bewears are wild Pokemon, not mascots! Do not be fooled by their appearance, and treat them with the appropriate caution and respect that they deserve!
>If a Bewear approaches you with the intent to embrace, do not reciprocate! Immediately turn around and go back the way you came!
>Bewear territories are clearly marked with warning signs. Failure to heed these signs may put your life at serious risk.
>Be aware, and stay safe.
>This message brought to you by the Alolan Tourism and Health & Safety Committees.
>>
>>27266147
They don't. They fit into one that's far more attached to human civilization, with Electric types eating electricity and Ghost types consuming souls. And that doesn't change that aside from specific characters, Pokémon are treated as species.
>>
>>27266242
>They don't. They fit into one that's far more attached to human civilization
Which is not how the ecosystem irl works. Which is why you shouldn't expect Pokemon to look or behave like animals. Since they aren't.
>>

Just a few caught my attention.
>>
literally all of the designs in that picture are terrible and no one would mind if they were never released.
>>
>>27265221
I'm actually really really liking a lot of the new mons.

Even the ones who aren't visually appealing, make up for it with a cool gimmick (Bewear, Drampa)

Also, the names are fucking brilliant across the board (Mimikyu, Chargabug, Bewear! FUCKING BEWEAR! I LOVE IT SO FUCKING MUCH)

The only pokemon I don't like to any degree at all is Bruxish, and even that gets a pass for taking visual cues from an actual animal
>>
only two I haven't liked are Drampa and Bruxish
>>
>>27265587
You've actually helped me to like all these new Pokemon and the games. I never really thought about it all in the way you said. I like it now.
>>
File: 57993132_p1_master1200.jpg (57KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
57993132_p1_master1200.jpg
57KB, 450x600px
>Wimpod
Eh. It's just about okay, but not one I'm excited about catching. Hopefully it evolves into something great.

>Bounsweet
Honestly, it looks like a baby Cherubi in a diaper. Nothing super exciting.

>Comfey
What even. Seriously. Kinda cute, I guess.

>Mudsdale
Gotta admit, I really love this one. It looks like a more colorful draft horse, and I can appreciate that. Can't wait to see how it fights.

>Mimikyu
My favorite one from this generation so far. Interesting type, creepy but cute design. Definitely getting one, and its ability seems like it'd be useful.

>Bewear
Uuuugh.
>>
Some are fantastic, others are the worst Pokemon designs I've seen.
Klefki 2 is particularly embarrassing.
>>
File: 1102446122159.png (26KB, 371x323px) Image search: [Google]
1102446122159.png
26KB, 371x323px
>>27265563
>Gen V
>Best gen
Sometimes I just have to step back for a minute and remind myself there are literal underage on this board.
>>
>>27267897
>he likes a thing i don't like
>he is a underage
gotta love that immaturity
>>
>>27267897
BACK IN MY DAY, WE DIDN'T HAVE ANY FANCY DARK TYPES OR AREA EVOLUTIONS, WE JUST HAD 151 POKEMON, A SPECIAL STAT, AND WRAP AND WE LIKED IT, BY GUM!
>>
>>27267897
My first Pokemon game was Red version.
My favourite generation is 5. It's the best by far.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.