[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mew Vs Mewtwo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8

File: MewVsMewtwo.gif (393KB, 500x285px) Image search: [Google]
MewVsMewtwo.gif
393KB, 500x285px
Ok. Hypothetically speaking, if Mew and Mewtwo were to have an all out brawl, using any attack (that they're able to learn in the games), who do you think would have the best chance of winning? I hear the debate that Mew can learn every single move vs Mewtwo has higher attack and special.
>>
Mewtwo was designed as a stronger version of Mew
>>
File: meeeew.jpg (7KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
meeeew.jpg
7KB, 236x236px
>>27265184
I don't know who would win.

I know that I'd root for Mew though.
>>
>>27265198
explain why Mewtwo can't learn all the moves that Mew can and has lower defense in the games?
>>
>mew used sheer cold!
>mewtwo fainted
>>
>>27265288
Pretty sure there is no TM Sheer Cold, unless some freak event/tutor for Mew has come about

You do got Fissure and Horn Drill though.
>>
>>27265184
Mew uses something super effective once or twice and Mewtwo gets rekt. Versatility over raw power.
>>
Technically Mew could use any dark or bug move, where as Mewtwo can't. In the anime it showed that they were dead even so it would be up to whoever is writing the story at the time I guess. Unless they both killed each other.
>>
>>27265323
Mew can learn every move as OP and pretty much the lore says. Although those other moves would have worked too, yeah.
>>
>scientist try to create a pokemon stronger than Mew
>gives the pokemon lower defense and disables it's ability to learn every move

Were the scientist on dope?
>>
answered your own question. Mew can learn every move. Game over
>>
>>27265184
In the anime Mew was just toying around during the fight and Mewtwo still couldn't beat Mew, so...
>>
>>27265456
mew can't "learn" every move. it already knows them. it predates them. its child obviously wouldn't have that kind of knowledge
>>
>>27265184
Here,

>252+ SpA Choice Specs Mewtwo Shadow Ball vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Mew: 258-304 (75.4 - 88.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
>252+ Atk Choice Band Mew Sucker Punch vs. 4 HP / 252 Def Mewtwo: 204-240 (57.6 - 67.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Mew wins.
>>
>>27265536
>using items
>>
>>27265184
In this brawl in the anime or games? In the games, Mewtwo could win if Mew doesn't have any moves that are super effective and Mewtwo did. But if Mew had a dark move then Mewtwo would be a goner.

In the anime, it was a stalemate. I don't think either of them would have won and would have fought until they both fainted from exhaustion,
>>
>>27265536
>Choice Band Sucker Punch
Substitute. Mewtwo wins.
>>
>>27265536
What about mega Mewtwo X/Y?
>>
>>27265531
Ok, but why would the scientist make it's defensive stats lower than Mew. Implying the scientist had to of known all of Mew stats somehow.
>>
>>27265545
>>27265553
You're missing the point. I maximized the damage output from each. Mew has the advantage of priority, so it comes out on top.

Also,
>Choice Specs
>Substitute
>>
>>27265281
I don't know, I wasn't part of mewtwo creation team.
>>
>>27265568
Mewtwo still can't learn every attack as a mega. Mew would still have that advantage.
>>
Mew has any attack and can just transform into mewtwo. No contest.
>>
>>27265594
Mewtwo doesn't need the specs.
>>
>>27265568
Specs Mewtwo hits harder than Mega Mewtwo Y. Mega Mewtwo X can be burned by Will-O-Wisp.
>>
>>27265628
Mega Mewtwo X with Taunt should fuck over anything Mew could do.
>>
>>27265281
Jack of All Trades vs. a master
>>
>>27265568
>252 SpA Mega Mewtwo Y Shadow Ball vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Mew: 188-222 (54.9 - 64.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
>>
>>27265531
Nah, pretty sure it literally could learn every move, because it was the ancestor of all Pokemon and the origin of them, before Arceus faggotry retcon came in at Gen4.
>>
File: 3673562.jpg (55KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
3673562.jpg
55KB, 960x540px
>>27265553
Are you a fucking retard?
>>
>>27265184
Ok, lets look at their movies in the film. Mewtwo shoots a shadow ball. It's roughly the size of Mew's body (1 ft 4 inch) post 1/2
>>
>>27265680
Now look at the shadow ball Mew hits Mewtwo with. It's much bigger as Mewtwo is 6ft 7inch. Perhaps the difference is size shows that Mew can put more energy into that attack.
>>
>>27265676
No
u
>>
How about this question. Could Mew beat Arceus?
>>
>>27265640
Mew has Shadow Ball and Dazzling Gleam to beat it.
>>
>>27265724
You're such a retard that you can't come up with anything better to say. Fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>27265756
Can't 2HKO a Mega Mewtwo X with some HP investment, who can start setting up with Amnesia/Calm Mind with Recover.
>>
>>27265640
If the Mew knows Foul Play then Mega Mewtwo Y would be destroyed
>>
>>27265768
i know you are but what am i
>>
File: please.png (9KB, 95x99px) Image search: [Google]
please.png
9KB, 95x99px
>>27265666
>retcon
>Arceus birthed the universe and pokemon to govern it
>Mew acted the wellspring of life excluding crustaceans
>Legendaries shaped the planet
>Original species diverge into human and pokemon
>Pokephilia is outlawed because we ascended past that savagery

Connecting them together isn't hard. Revealing that there is something beyond what was commonly known isn't a retcon.
>>
>>27265740
Nah, Arceus at full power is the strongest Pokemon by a huge margin, period. It just tends to get horrifically nerfed in the anime and manga for plot reasons.
>>
>>27267606

Didn't the Hoopa movie end with Arceus coming in to clean up the mess?

Haven't seen it, that's just what I heard.
>>
Whoever wins ash still dies
>>
File: 1409630808061.png (256KB, 516x526px) Image search: [Google]
1409630808061.png
256KB, 516x526px
Mew by using Crabhammer
>>
>>27267665
Yeah, literally just swooped in, unfucked everything, then flew away and took all the legendaries with it.

I was thinking more it's own movie, where it got taken out by a small meteor.
>>
>>27265184
Mewtwo. How is this even a fucking question
>>
>>27266513
As far as I'm concerned it's a retcon, the universe was actually complete with the first two games. They removed the reference the South America in it's Pokedex entry, stopped talking about it as the ancestor and instead went for some mythology shit in Gen4.

Back in Gen1&2 though, everything had already been tied up, Pokemon were descended from Mew, it was the big thing back around the time of the first movie.

There weren't even any other Pokemon Leagues prior to Gen3 either when they made them region exclusive. Remember your rival says "I am the most powerful Pokemon trainer in the WORLD" and Gen2 used the same league.

I still believe the original idea was that Pokemon were born of genetic mutations or something, the game taking place in the near future. Nowadays they don't reference the real world. Making a brand new mythology and taking it into a fantasy world is a retcon by most definitions.
>>
>>27265288
Isn't mewtwo faster though?
>>
File: harambeohno.gif (730KB, 256x200px) Image search: [Google]
harambeohno.gif
730KB, 256x200px
>>27267926
seconding this
you have to be pretty stupid to even ask this question, OP
>>
Mew has shit stats. He can learn whatever move he wants, Mewtwo will hit first, and it will kill Mew in one hit. Even if it's not super effective. STAB Psychic. gg.
>>
This thread breeds autism. Mewtwo is so far ahead of Mew it's not even funny. I can't even understand any of this bullshit with lower defense making Mewtwo in any way worse since his HP offsets it anyways.

Mewtwo gets multiple 80 base power SE moves against Mew and has a sheer stat differential, and the extra movepool mew gets doesnt even really help in the Mewtwo match-up. Some people are making Mew "win" on a bunch of match-ups by locking Mewtwo into shitty sets designed to lose for some reason.

I'm trying to think of what Mew could even run to beat Shadow Ball/Recover/Calm Mind/Taunt. Mental Herb based sets get 2hko'd by Shadow Ball while offensive variants cant outdamage recover/calm mind, everything else just gets shut down. Strongest set I can think of so far is pray fissure hits before shadow ball kills you.

With Mewtwo being an A rank uber for 6 gens straight and Mew struggling to even stay OU these days, this is not a hard conclusion to draw.
>>
>>27267935
>Nowadays they don't reference the real world.

I wonder what happened to Indian Elephants and the rest of animal life before the retcons.
>>
Jolteon has a better chance at kiling Mewtwo then Mew. "Faster and has Shadowball. Can oneshot Mewtwo."
>>
>>27265184
does mewtwo have prep time?
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.