[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can any /biz/antines tell me why these are still so worthless?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: cards.jpg (383KB, 728x487px) Image search: [Google]
cards.jpg
383KB, 728x487px
can any /biz/antines tell me why these are still so worthless?
>>
>>27261470
no one wants them lmao
>>
Because Pokemon was a huge deal then, everyone still has the cards hoping to sell them dummy
>>
>>27261470
>people don't want thing
>people don't buy thing
>>
Big supply and small demand
>>
>>27261470
Mass production meant that there is a shitton of supply. Power creep means there is no demand among players, and new cards means there is little demand among collectors.
>>
>>27261470
shadow
>>
Because all your shit probably isn't in good condition and everyone else hung on to their shit too, so there's plenty of supply out there.

The reason comics from the 30s-60s are so expensive is because nobody kept good care of the ones they had and a lot of people threw their shit out because they had no reason to keep it.
>>
>>27262092
The shadow vs noshadow thing has always been bizarre to me. By the time the noshadow prints came out, a lot of the people who were just on-board for the initial hype had already moved on to other things. You'd think that most of the genwonners would only have noshadow cards, making them less valuable.
>>
>>27265008
Nonshadow cards came out before Jungle, the hype died when Base Set 2 flopped.
>>
Rather than nostalgia worth, people who collect cards rather than those who collect them to compete with

Theres no worth to the latter who play with the cards, their HP and attacks are horrible compared to other pokemon cards. New cards have more support+items which back then werent even a big thing, more pokemon abilities and attacks that have effects also. Max hp was charizard with 120, he would get ko in 1-2 rounds with the decks that people use these days.
>>
File: JoltikPhantomForces26.jpg (226KB, 600x834px) Image search: [Google]
JoltikPhantomForces26.jpg
226KB, 600x834px
>>27265047
>1-2 rounds

Oh you ignorant fool.
>>
>>27265047
>Theres no worth to the latter who play with the cards
It depends on where you live. Some regions are a lot bigger on house formats than others.
>>
Theyre overproduced
>>
>>27265162
Nah, Fallen Empires was overproduced.

Pokemon was just huge.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.