[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /vp/, on the basis that SuMo is already being a big fuck you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 8

File: 1467299280151.gif (2MB, 480x259px)
1467299280151.gif
2MB, 480x259px
So /vp/, on the basis that SuMo is already being a big fuck you to the metagame in general, what exactly do you wish to see?

Name it mons, abilities, moves.
>>
A Pokemon that takes reduced Damage from the attack that hits it on a switch in.

A Pokemon who calculates it's damage against the opponent's speed stat instead of their defensive stat.

A Pokemon with an ability that's a built in Psych-up.

A grass stealth rock that heals allies instead of damaging enemies.

A sap sipper equivalent for fairy moves.

A very threatening Pokemon with Storm Drain.

A Pokemon whose ability grants him gen 1 crit mechanics.
>>
>>27260022
>SuMo
I'm tired of this meme.
>>
The "fuck hazards" ability that gets thrown around constantly. It actually sounds reasonable now, given what's already been revealed.
>>
>>27260022
>SuMo

Why? Whats wrong with just saying "SM" like all the other games? Why do you feel the need to add two more letters just to form a stupid word? Completely unnecessary
>>
A hold item that gives a Pokemon all of its possible abilities at once
>>
>>27260191
Hey, That's pretty good
I really like the healing grass hazard
>>
File: wig.png (80KB, 211x244px) Image search: [Google]
wig.png
80KB, 211x244px
>>27262218
>>
File: 1463124749025.jpg (90KB, 500x492px) Image search: [Google]
1463124749025.jpg
90KB, 500x492px
>>27260022
>SuMo
>>
>>27260022
>SuMo is . . . a big fuck you . . . Name

Agreed. It's "SM."
>>
An ability that automatically knocks off held items on switch in, including Mega Stones
>>
>>27260022
Mudsdale is a "fuck you" to Mega-mom, right?

Two other things I can think of would be a pokemon that brings Reverse Battle mechanics in to play. Also a pokemon with a defensive Mold Breaker (Like, it nullifies Adaptability boosts and Sheer Force.)
>>
>>27262205
It's because SM also stands for sadomasochism. I personally don't give a shit one way or the other, it's easy to know what's being talked about with context clues. Like, you know, the fact we're in a Pokémon board.
Also it rolls off the tongue more easioy
>>
>>27262283
That's called Mummy
>>
>>27262312
It sounds completely retarded and doesn't follow any of the abbreviations that Pokémon games have had until now.
>>
>>27260022
Impractical: Opponent's moves miss every other turn
>>
>>27262312
We have DP which means double penetration but you don't see anybody calling the series DiPe
>>
>>27262312
>It's because SM also stands for sadomasochism

No, that's S&M, which people called it for a week before the joke got stale. SM has no such implications.

And I'd rather have consistency than "rolls off the tongue."
>>
File: 1454987616392.jpg (164KB, 750x905px) Image search: [Google]
1454987616392.jpg
164KB, 750x905px
>>27260191
First post best post
>>
File: special needs.jpg (9KB, 174x170px) Image search: [Google]
special needs.jpg
9KB, 174x170px
>>27260022
>SuMo

It's SM, you stupid fucking mexican.
>>
>>27260022
>SuMo
Fuck off Reddit.
>>
>>27262240
I want to shatter this game
>>
File: 1468374102333.jpg (42KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1468374102333.jpg
42KB, 400x400px
>>27262370
Huh. So it is.
And you're right on the consistency front. Alright, i retract my previous statements.
>>
>>27260022
Why is there no intimidate for special attack?
>>
Why do you faggots care so much about an acronym?
>>
>>27262312
Thats S&M, retard.
>>
>>27260191
>A Pokemon who calculates it's damage against the opponent's speed stat instead of their defensive stat.
Man, FUCK stall!
>>
>>27262315
Oh come on, even someone of your educational background knows Mummy activates after contact, not before, and requires that the opponent uses a contact move.
>>
auto-taunt

auto-gravity

>>27262370
that's because you're autistic
>>
>>27262528
Nobody forms a word to represent the other games, it's only Sun/Moon apparently. Why change the consistency?

SuMo just sounds so fucking retarded, not even pleasing to read or look at
>>
>>27260022
I hear they plan on consolidating Abilities. Would love for some more useless ones to be dropped and for a few to be combined.

And dream would be to fix stats of mons to adjust the power creep of last few years
>>
>>27260022

>a big fuck you to the meta game

>Making counters to big fuckers in the meta game are bad

Nah fuck you
>>
>>27262623
>I hear they plan on consolidating Abilities

Where did you hear that? Do you have a source that nobody else does?
>>
A move that inhales hazards and fires them at the opponent, dealing damage that changes on what was sucked up.

>Spikes: increased damage per stack
>Rocks: rock damage
>tspikes: poison damage, increased per stack
>sticky web: lowers speed
>>
>>27262366
This. OP is a massive faggot.
>>
>>27260191

>Gen 1 crit mechanics

Which one

Chances being based on speed or doubling your level and attack stat

Because both those options are worse than current
>>
An ability that sets up Trick Room automatically. It's only a matter of time.
>>
A new ability that is built in inverse mechanics for the pokemon's attacks

A new area effect move that forces inverse for a couple of turns
>>
>>27262604
It just doesn't matter what someone calls it. As long as they don't mess up the actual names.
>>
>>27262366
>DiaPear
>>
>>27262625
That's clearly not what OP meant
>>
>>27260022
I just want them to bring back defog so we can have more choice in trap removal.
>>
An ability or item that deals damage to the opponent when they try to knock off or switch items with you. Like a Jack-in-the-box or something like that
>>
>>27262739
>>27262778

These two.
>>
New Poison move that's SE > Water, called Toxic Spill. Main move from Muk.
New Poison move that's SE > Ground, called Soil Waste. Main move from Garbodor.
New Poison move that's SE > Flying, called Polluted Fumes. Main move from Weezing.
New Poison move that's SE > Psychic, called Neurotoxins. Main move for Skuntank (and Weezing can obtain through breeding).
New Poison move that's SE > Bugs, called insecticide. Main move for Roserade and Roselia.

All of these have 75 power.
>>
Null Cube: Nullifies the effects of other items
Null Sphere: Nullifies the effects of abilities
>>
Pokémon with both Defiant and Ice Shard so it shits on Landorus.

Pokémon with Volt Absorb and a Rock type Pursuit to shit on Thundurus and tornadus both at once.

Pokémon whose ability prevents healing of any kind on the entire field (like Heal Block for everyone) to fuck stall. Make it a Fire/Poison or Fire/Steel type so stallfags can't just use Toxic or will-o-wisp to wear it down. It would necessitate Dugtrio on every stall team to trap and kill it which would cost a valuable slot on stall teambuilding.
>>
>>27260022
ADJUST BASE STATS.

If a Pokemon's base Speed and Atk/Sp.Atk are >100 each, nerf 'em by 5% or some crap. I loves fast matches, but supah-effective OHKO's feel like the only strategy instead of just a great one. 700+ 'mons, mix it up a little.
>>
rock throw now gets rid of stealth rocks on your side then throws them at the opponent for double damage
>>
>>27262312
Kill yourself, faggot.
>>
>>27262149
It should just be an anti-pebble ability. The other hazards are relatively balanced.
>>
>>27260022
Enlightened: increases defense when hit by a fairy/dragon/psychic type move. Doesn't receive damage from Arceus
>>
>people want to kill hazards

Enjoy your endless switching, cucks.
>>
Its S&M or you are from fucking reddit
>>
>>27262149
something like "sly entry"? perhaps on a ninja-themed mon?
>>
Contrary that works on the opponent instead of on you.

An ability that forces the opponent out when landing a super effective contact move.
>>
A reverse Psychock that's distributed to physical Psychic types, like Medicham, Metagross, and Gallade.
Hot Coals - Hazard that inflicts burn on enemies who don't switch out within 5 turns.
Clueless - A reversed Unaware. Obviously, distributed to Pokemon with strong attacks that would normally lower their status.
>>
Bulky Pokemon with Arena trap and Smack down.
Smack down has 65 base power and deals 1.3 damage to flying types and levitating pokemon
>>
New Status condition
Something like Blindness -Blinded
where Moves have a very high chance of missing and when using a move in Doubles or Tripples the move have a possibility of hitting anyone within range
>>
>>27266033
Hitting anyone randomly*
>>
>>27265936
No. It's SM like every other.
R(G)BY
GSC
RSE; FRLG
DPPt; HGSS
BW, BW2
XY; ORAS
No ands.
>>
Ability that kills sneaky pebbles.
>>
VGC Singles

Seriously.

I love VGC doubles but there's just a lot of patently broken shit in Pokemon's singles game that GF doesn't really bother too much with because it doesn't have a negative impact on the VGC doubles meta.

VGC originally went with doubles because of time considerations; now that online battling with replays is a thing, the logistical concerns aren't there. You can do your qualifying heats over WiFi and cut the shit down to maybe 15 key matches.

Bringing back an Official Singles Meta would expose a lot of the broken shit to GF, and maybe inspire some fixes to things that Smogon has been complex-banning around for a long time now.
>>
>>27266208
smogon should switch to doubles

and SuMo main-game should be all doubles battles
>>
Rewind: Undo the opponents first buff
Ex: Mightena used Howl! It's attack rose!
Celebi's Rewind! Mightyena's stat change was undone!
>>
>>27266352

Smogon does do doubles, the reason it's not the most popular format is just because it's not what people want to play a lot of the time.
>>
>>27260022
>SuMo
Can you end your life?
>>
>>27266352
Nah.

Doubles actually kinda sucks.

I mean, it's cool and all, but the key thing about Doubles is switching Pokemon essentially isn't done. Whereas Pokemon is fundamentally a game ABOUT switching. Doubles is more about how you build your team, not how you react to the opponent's team.

You Can't Donk In Doubles, anon.

I do wish for more double battles in-game, but I still think a proper singles meta is necessary for GameFreak to see balance issues that exist. I admire Smogon's effort but the fact that shit like Aldaron's Proposal actually exists or mons like Aegis being Uberbanned suggests that these issues just exist in GF's blind spots because they don't break the doubles format
>>
>>27266470
It's already over, /vp/ is full of underage that have replied to this thread seriously.
>>
File: image.jpg (68KB, 640x731px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68KB, 640x731px
>>27262623
>consolidating abilities
>when the cover legendaries' abilities are literally clones of old abilities
Lmao no
>>
>>27260191
>Pokemon that takes reduced Damage from the attack that hits it on a switch in.
Lunala
>>
You know all that shit moves and abilities on your favorite mons?

%50 chance they are meant for doubles

So stop whinning and actually do doubles

Each gen is adding more shit to do in doubles
>>
>>27265965
contrary already affects all Pokémon on the field.
>>
Necro Aura
As long as this Pokemon is out, whenever either Pokemon would be healed by anything (including items), they instead take damage equal to how much they would have been healed by.

Heal Stop
No pokemon can heal as long as this Pokemon is out.

Let's get rid of stall.
>>
>>27266669

It doesn't actually

It's only for the Pokemon that has it
>>
>>27266669

Not really? Only if they use a move that would effect the pokemon with contrary, but you can still boost going up against a serperior or whatever else.
>>
>Held item that protects the user's ability, preventing it from getting erased, replaced, copied, or ignored.

>Give it to a Pokemon while breeding to pass down abilities to the child.

Even if it was only possible to pass down one particular ability per Pokemon, that should still shake up the meta a bit.
>>
>>27265566

But that's what IV's and natures are for...
>>
>>27267058
>hackmonning abilities down
Oh holy shit the Shedinja abuse alone would break this to pieces

>Wonder Guard on literally ANYTHING other than Shedinja
>Shedinja with Sturdy

Kek

Unless you mean that only the bred mon has the inherited ability, and once it evolves it gets its evolution's normal ability... Then it might make for a really interesting bump to some Little Cup mons in the OU game, much like Eviolite did for some NFEs.
>>
>>27267339

Either way, Shedinja can't breed iirc so it wouldn't be a big deal.
>>
>>27266033
I love and hate this idea
I feel if this was implemented it would be spammed constantly unless its ability exclusive
>>
>>27260191
Healing grass hazard won't ever happen as gf won't want to meet leech seed anymore than it already has. Also I like the idea of a mon with gen 1 crit mechanics, but they better not make onix slow.
>>
Speed Limit - An ability that lowers the opponent's speed equal to the user
>>
>>27262625
>Making counters to big fuckers in the meta game are bad

Nobody read that but you.
>>
I really do not like all these new abilities that are only going to be on one or few mons. Just seems like GF is trying to fix symptoms of the problem instead of fixing the problem itself.

Like what they did with Fairy type.
>>
>>27270251
Granted, a lot of these fixes are precise enough to work. Faries were supposed to be a big blanket thrown over Dragons, but most dragons just didn't care.

Mudsdale is specifically engineered to fuck over Mega-mom. Bruxish is tailor made to fuck over Talonflame. A bit broader, Yungoose seems built to fuck over voltturn. They are still only fixing symptoms, I agree, but these are a lot more directed solutions.
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.