[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the hardest Pokemon game out there?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 12

File: 1467237242190.jpg (341KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1467237242190.jpg
341KB, 900x900px
What is the hardest Pokemon game out there?
>>
Colosseum if played normally, GSC if nuzlocke
>>
I'll say Platinum or SoulSilver

But Soulsiver is pretty boring some times

So Soulsiver
>>
>>27245157
Well hardest poxedex to complete is gen 3

DP had the fucking worst level curve

BW2 challenge mode is most fun
>>
>>27245157
Probably the first generation, if only because there weren't a shitload of moves back then, less types. Etc.
You didn't know what to you had until you used it.
And my personal favorite...pitch fucking blackness without flash, that even darkened your start menu.

Only a hundred or so Pokemon, not 700 to choose from.

IMO gen5 was easiest so avoid those.

So go run red and see how far you get.

And not gen three fire red...no no

GENERATION 1 red
>>
>>27245157
More Misty bullying please

Also, probably Colosseum.
>>
Platinum is the hardest

>>27245237
Gen I's AI is so dense, it will use Agility endlessly in an attempt to knock out a poison type. Gen I really isn't all that hard. Yellow is a bit of a challenge, but only because it has a massive level spike around Koga/Sabrina
>>
>>27245157
Dawn is pretty behind herself now.
>>
>>27245268
Go suck somewhere else

Generation 3+ is fucking easy as hell, everything is handed to you. You get fucking running shoes because walking was too hard. You get abilities, and nature's, and fucking everything handed to you.

At least in GSC you had to walk for a while, and it's much less retarded than generation 5

I can tolerate gen 3 because it had the decency to not suck, and even added a few new things such as double battles and in game weather, and one of the best Pokemon ever.

But gen 4 and 5 turned into easy mode

Especially gen 5. I beat the elite 4 entirely with level 40s. I beat cynthia with a goddamn team of level 50s. Most memorable part of gen 5 was when I caught a heracross

Gen 4 was only OK because I got a dragon steel Pokemon.

So excluding generation 5, I like all the generations. But since I was a fucking kid when red came out, yes I like that game

I hate people who come to threads just to shit on classic Pokemon games
He asked for opinions on hard games. I gave it. It is harder. So go fuck yourself.

Anyone who says generations 3-5 probably haven't beaten the gen 1-2 games
>>
>>27245386
Why does everyone always say platinum was hard. I had an easy time with it and nothing stuck out as overly difficult
>>
>>27245441
>go somewhere else
Leave newfag
>>
Coliseum, HG/SS, Snap.
>>
>>27245157
Either GSC or RSE.
However, if we're talking about mechanics, it's easily RBY.
>>
>>27245441
I hate it when people come into threads to shit on newer games

You're probably a Go fag
>>
>>27245441
Wait, so you're actually arguing that your character moving slower increases the difficulty of a turn based RPG? That is some premium grade retardation right there.
>>
>>27245441
All Pokemon games are easy you fucking retard. If I can beat Pokemon Red at 4 years old being barely able to read anyone can do it.
>>
>>27245476
Mostly because of Barry appearing out of fucking nowhere and Cynthia being an ass to fight

It's still a Pokemon game, but Barry appearing everywhere with no warning definitely added a level of difficulty
>>
>>27245157
this comic always makes me kinda sad for some reason
>>
>>27245237
>red is harder then Gen5
Nostalgia fags please kys
>>
>>27245441
>Especially gen 5. I beat the elite 4 entirely with level 40s. I beat cynthia with a goddamn team of level 50s. Most memorable part of gen 5 was when I caught a heracross
Hey newfriend, im afraid i got sime bad news for you: I LITERALLY beat the kanto e4+Champ yesterday while replaying blue on my 3ds and guess what my highest level pokémon was...
52!
>>
>>27245441
>2 is hard
Went into E4 with my highest being 42, after Lance my best was 45. So hard
>>
>>27245157
Go
>>
>>27245441
>Go suck somewhere else
What are you, 5?
>>
emerald for its frontier
>>
File: What.png (44KB, 718x319px) Image search: [Google]
What.png
44KB, 718x319px
>>27245441
>Complaining about a children's game being too easy
>>
DP, but mostly due to some of the gyms and elite four having Pokemon that are not the same type, and actually having a bit of challenge. You are also woefully under-leveled for the Elite Four the first time around.
>>
>>27245441
You're confusing Gen4 With Gen5, Gen5 didn't have Cynthia - It had Adler and Iris.

B2W2 are the most difficult as it actually has trainers who go up to level 100 in Black Tower/White Forest as normal trainer encounters.
>>
>>27249977
An hour of grind will sort out the under leveled part
>>
>>27245237
>Press psychic to win
>>
File: image.png (156KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
156KB, 1136x640px
>>27245237
>>
B2W2 was pretty tough, at the very least, it had the most challenging and expansive Victory Road in the series. Iris was a decent champ as well. I wish they properly implemented challenge mode since that would make B2W2 the hardest games no contest.
>>27249977
>>some of the gyms and elite four having Pokemon that are not the same type
What? Flint's team is the result of Gen 4 not having any fire type Pokemon.
Volkner's DP team is because of the same thing, the worst part is they don't even properly trip you up, they just feel out of place.
>>
>>27245157
No main Pokemon game is hard. Mystery Dungeon however can be an absolute fucking pain in the ass, the Darkrai fight from Darkness still triggers me to this day, never mind constant monster houses and bullshit like ominous wind/ghost types moving through walls/speed increase moves and hunger
>>
File: cipher head evice.png (105KB, 795x663px) Image search: [Google]
cipher head evice.png
105KB, 795x663px
Colosseum if you don't know your shit.

Or maybe R/B/Y because of how fucked the mechanics were back then.
>>
>>27245668
>>27245220
HG/SS for me as well but specifically for the champion battle, the level curve in that game means you're probably very underleveled and he has a level 50 dragonite that knows outrage which will literally sweep your entire team in 6 turns, and it's likely you only have 1 or 2 ice type moves at that point, if any at all.

>oh wait he has 3 dragonites but at least the other 2 don't know outrage

literally the hardest champion fight in the series
>>
>>27245441
Cynthia was objectively more difficult than Blue though.
>>
>>27246146
>Cynthia being an ass to fight
Everyone says this but I don't remember Cynthia being that hard to fight.
>>
>>27245157
Diamonds namesake is the hardest if we're talking literally
>>
>>27245237
>Probably the first generation, if only because there weren't a shitload of moves back then, less types. Etc.
Hey moron, that actually makes it easier as you end up knowing most of the moves and type matchups after a while of playing. I do agree that Flash was only useful in Pre-Gen 3 though.
>>
File: 1395646364263.jpg (203KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1395646364263.jpg
203KB, 1920x1080px
>>27246228
That "It's always been Sega" panel is what gets me.
>>
>>27245157
Platinum I got my ass kicked so much times in that game compared to all the others.
>>
>>27251340
If you don't have any ice or dragon type moves her garchomp will rek you. If you are properly prepared for her it's not difficult.
>>
>>27245672
>However, if we're talking about mechanics, it's easily RBY.
They're easily abused to your benefit though.
>>
>>27250139
what is Lapras
>>
>>27251898
Makes sense, I always have Ice moves. I hate Dragon Type.
>>
>>27245157
Ecks De
Or Colo.
>>
>>27251898
>If you don't have any ice or dragon type moves her garchomp will rek you
yeah maybe if you were underaged when the games came out.
>>
>>27250126
>Shadow Rush
>and Thunder, Rock Slide, Blizzard
Nice.
>>
>>27254215
ok mr old fag
>>
I can't remember if it was colosseum or XD, but the one where the final elite 4 had an extra fight on it, the last guy always destroyed my shit and you didn't get to heal between the battles. I actually think I never beat that guy.
>>
>>27245157
The spin-offs because all mainline pokemon games are baby-mode easy.
>>
>>27245157
>all these people saying GSC
Yeah that champion with his strongest pokemon sitting at level 50 is really unstoppable. Kanto is a bit tougher, but only because it's so fucking barren that you'll never catch up to Red's enormous level spike. The gym leaders are all absolute jokes.
>>
>>27245157
Colosseum

if a main game then Platinum
>>
whats the easiest?
>>
>>27245436
I was thinking just that.
>>
>>27255753
XY
>>
>>27255753
Diantha
>>
>>27255753
bw1
>>
>>27255329
t. still underage
>>
Colosseum by far.
>>
File: 1468333420216.png (63KB, 209x175px) Image search: [Google]
1468333420216.png
63KB, 209x175px
>>27250078
It gets me every time how Rhydon has Leer and Tail Whip
>>
>>27250078
i know you're serious about that but that Alakazam is no fucking joke.
>>
>>27245237

The remakes are actually harder due to the bug fixes, improved enemy teams, and A.I.
>>
>>27256005
It probably has the best moveset on the team, coulda had something other than psybeam, but it's still a pretty alright set
>>
File: blue.png (85KB, 789x626px) Image search: [Google]
blue.png
85KB, 789x626px
>>27256009
I really like this battle
>>
File: 1341617955207.gif (892KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1341617955207.gif
892KB, 320x240px
>>27255753
Gen1, opponents are dumb as bricks and have shitty moves while you're handed powerful TMs at every turn, and you can get a number of strong Pokemon early through the power of evolution stones
Even if you abuse Exp Share in gen6, XY/ORAS still end up being more difficult simply because the computer opponents at least have the tools to fuck you up if you give them the opportunity, not so in gen1
>>
>>27250078
>pidgeot
eh
>exeggutor
oh no, hypnosis!
>gyarados
hyper beam and hydro can actually do damage
>rhydon
lol
>starter
just block against the type and ur fine
>alakazam
>>psychic
panic
>>
>>27256132
>starter
>just block against the type and ur fine
I think Blastoise has both Hydro Pump and Blizzard, making it the most dangerous of the three starter choices for your rival. Overall his Charizard team is the strongest though, simply because Gyarados is not a bad replacement for Blastoise while his Arcanine is an absolute wimp compared to Charizard. Neither Exeggutor nor Venusaur pose any real threat.
>>
File: oo0lw.gif (42KB, 225x200px) Image search: [Google]
oo0lw.gif
42KB, 225x200px
The Zero Isle islands in PMD. There's 4 of them (Not including the center), here's their descriptions:

In order of difficulty:
Zero Isle North: 75 floors, Pokemon up to level 90, you gain no exp.
Zero Isle East: Player level is set to 1, 40 floors, can only take 16 items with you.
Zero Isle West: Level reset to 1, no items are allowed to be taken, 40 floors
Zero Isle South: Player level set to 1, Can not take any items or money, Pokemon as high as level 98, 99 floors, only one may enter.

And the mother of them all, Destiny tower, contains: Only one may enter, 99 floors, pokemon levels up to 99. This may seem feasable but there is one thing that makes the dungeon a nightmare: Grudge Traps. Grudge traps, when stepped on unknowingly, will summon a fuck ton of Pokemon next to you, all with the grudge status. Knock one out and, you guessed it, the move you used to kill it will have its PP set to ZERO. Combine this with level 99 pokemon all attacking you in the same turn, hazards such as pitfall traps which send you down a floor, traps that make important items unusable, pokemon traps that turn rare items in the room into more pokemon, items that turn food into sludgy toxic messes, and even traps that lower you movement speed, a death sentence in the PMD games as it means foes can attack you TWICE in one turn.

It's pretty hard to top
>>
DP fire type mono run
>>
>>27256099
yes this was fun as fuck
>>
>>27256005
Outspeed it with a physical attack = rip
>>
>>27256215
nah, purity forest in red/blue is harder

mainly because your inventory is only is only 1/3rd of explorers, so you cant afford to carry all those apples and elixirs and oran berries and orbs and everything around
>>
File: Alakazam g1.png (15KB, 463x324px) Image search: [Google]
Alakazam g1.png
15KB, 463x324px
>>27256249
>outspeed
Kek

Basically that means use... Quick Attack, Jolteon, or electrode.
>>
>>27256005
It's the most dangerous thing there, sure, but it will arbitrarily decide to use its other moves every other turn even when spamming Psychic would secure the win against your low level shitmons
That's when you put it to sleep and kill it
>>
>>27256005
>Go Mawhile, use suckerpunch!
>>
>>27256717
This bait is next level shit.
>>
>>27245157
I recognize that artist...
Good mammories.
>>
>>27245441
>You get handed Running Shoe's because walking's too hard

It was to accomodate the bigger world size.
>>
>>27245441
>using walking vs running as a factor of difficulty
Wew lad
>>
>>27251898
>put Ice Beam on Empoleon
>surely I'm prepared for her now!
>forgot that Garchomp knows Earthquake
>OHKO's Empoleon
>stare at my DS for a while trying to figure out what the fuck to do next that won't get my team destroyed further

Luckily I had a Bronzong that wore out the Garchomp by tanking Giga Impact for the next ten minutes. But that was terrifying.
>>
>Any pokemon game
>Hard
>>
>>27245441
Anon. I'm a Kantokid and I can say you are legitimately retarded. The hardest part of Gen 1 was the Sliph building, entirely because you could never figure out where the fuck you were. GSC was only difficult because of that stretch of game where all the wild pokemon were 10-20 levels beneath the trainer pokemon. Otherwise they were braindead fucking easy.

>Gen 3 added weather
No. It added Hail, but Sun, Rain, and Sand were gen 2, which you apparently didn't play yourself.

>You get abilities, and natures handed to you
Okay big guy. Pokemon changed the basic mechanics of the game on you. you felt scared and alone. GET OVER IT. These don't make the game easier, because everyone fucking has them.

>Gen 4 easy mode
Cynthia was the strongest in-game champion relative to where you should be when you challenge her. Maybe if you didn't cheese it with Palkia or Dialga, you'd know that.
Blue's Arcanine had Ember. Fucking Ember. Barrage was Exeggutor's premier way of dealing damage. I just shit my pants over that difficulty, you're right, kids these days can't handle an Arcanine with Ember after being babied by that Garchomp with Earthquake.

>Running faster makes a game more difficult
Literally what the fuck? You don't have to run if it assblasts you that much. Hilariously, it actually makes the game a tiny bit MORE difficult, since trainers that alternate between directions instantly look at you if you try to run past them instead of walk.
>>
>>27250126
It helped that Evice was actually pretty crafty. He got a Silver Wind boost and Passed it to Tyranitar when I fought him.
>>
>>27250006
Not him, but Gen 5 did actually have Cynthia in Undella Bay as an optional, repeatable post-game fight.
>>
>>27258452
Mt. Moon is probably the hardest part of gen 1. If you didn't take Squirtle geodudes are a pain in the ass to deal with (since Bulbasaur gets Leech Seed before Vine Whip if I'm not mistaken). Without knowing your way around it's also pretty easy to get lost. Yes I know you can get a Nidoran or Mankey with fighting moves but again, if you don't know to do especially that your 'default' team of starter + pidgey + ratata + bug (assuming your butterfree doesn't know confusion yet) has a decently hard time in there.

Silph Co is a pain in the ass with the teleporters for sure, but the lack of random encounters makes it much more tolerable.
>>
>>27258452
>you hurt my feelings: the post

Do you have anything relevant to add to this discussion?
>>
>>27250126
Yeah, although I only played it once I remember it was pretty hard to beat him and I tried it multiple times.
>>
>>27258498
>>27250126
doesn't Evice open the game with a skill swap on slaking? For kids that's a pretty damn HOLY SHIT moment

And I believe he actually has the common sense to then switch to salamence for maximum quake
>>
>>27250078
This triggers me. I did a Blue/Gary run on Red and used his respective Pokemon (minus the starters) and still managed to give them powerful moves to pose a threat to everyone
>>
File: 1364158930253.png (44KB, 217x179px) Image search: [Google]
1364158930253.png
44KB, 217x179px
>>27258756
>geodudes are a pain in the ass to deal with
Huh? Their speed is nil, you can run from them every time. If you don't have speedsters with you then Zubats sucking you dry with Leech Life is a threat, but otherwise the only bad thing about Mt. Moon is that it's bigger than you probably expected with Team Rocket running around to give you plenty of trainer battles (one has a goddamn Raticate) and that it's a one-way trip the first time around.
>you can get a Nidoran or Mankey with fighting moves
No you can't. Or rather, only in Yellow. Mankey shows up only after Mt. Moon in Red and Nidorans don't get Double Kick early in R/B.
And Leech Seed on Bulbasaur is a godsend in literally any situation, especially that early in the game.
>>
>>27245237
If you get an AGS-101 (backlit) GBA SP, you can turn the brightness all the way up and tilt the screen to see in the rock tunnel without needing flash
>>
>>27245157

Crystal Kaizo hands down
>>
>>27256312

gen 1 opponents don't have EVs
>>
>>27258868
>corrects anon on Weather's introduction
>challenges anon on difficulty between "baby mode" and OG games.

Nope, nothing at all. Facts are irrelevant in this thread.
>>
>>27255753
XY/RB are pretty even in that regard.

RB for sure if you use exploits.
>>
File: garchomp.jpg (6KB, 250x217px) Image search: [Google]
garchomp.jpg
6KB, 250x217px
>>27245157
Platinum, I never beat Cynthia.
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.