[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Find a single flaw

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 4

File: HG-Title.jpg (96KB, 570x350px) Image search: [Google]
HG-Title.jpg
96KB, 570x350px
You literally can't
>>
Actually, I have one flaw

You get the GB sounds too late to appreciate them.

Other than that, perfect games.
>>
>>27244762
I didn't even play GSC when I first got HG, but as soon as I got GB sounds that shit stayed on for the rest of my playtime.
>>
>>27244714
Can't get Leafeon without trading
Can't get Glaceon without trading

I cry every time
>>
My pokewalker battery died while my Feraligatr was in it
God rest your soul, Ferbles
>>
>Level curve is still kind of ass
>Silver never evolves his Sneasel or Magneton
>Giovanni battle is locked behind a limited distribution Celebi
Still top tier games
>>
Empty Region
Post Game interesting, but kinda boring, always feel like "I have to finish this game"
>>
Gen2 pokemon in Kanto. Level curve a shit. Leaders having mostly Gen1 pokemon. Shall i keep going?
>>
>>27244714
It's a remake.
>>
>>27244714
GB Sounds is inaccurate as shit. Great concept, terrible execution.
>>
>>27244714
Too slow, too much "cutesy" pandering, nad I think a lot of the Johto music could've been redone a little better.

Other than that they're pretty good. HG/SS are my least favorite games in the main series but I still like them.
>>
>>27244714
level curve
>>
You can Walk through the towns like nothing
>>
>>27245069
>*and
>>
>>27245013
>>27244966
>>27245080
What was wrong with the level curve? All I can remember was that the elite 4 was in the 40s instead of the 50s but that made sense to me since there was an entire region after that
>>
>>27245208
Well the jump from 6th gym to 7th being none, while 8th gym having like a 10 level jump. You'll be in mid 30's for the elite 4
>>
>>27245208
people complain that the game is only for one team from the beginning, and if you stray from that your pokemon will be underleveled and then the E4 will actually be challenging.
>>
>>27245086
What do you mean? If you're complaining about not getting constantly interrupted by plot I'd have to argue that's a positive.

>>27245208
GSC is non-linear after you beat Morty, and you can choose whether to visit Olivine/Cianwood or Mahogany/Lake of Rage first. The level curve is kind of fucked up there, and whichever path you choose second is underleveled compared to where the average party will be. The radio tower and Clair, by comparison, will feel like a huge spike.

Hacks like Sacred Gold/Storm Silver and Crystal Anniversary deliberately cut off one of the paths and make the game more linear so they can better adjust the curve.
>>
>>27245295
I can still remember training all of my team by 7-8 levels for the elite 4 because I got btfo twice fighting lvl 45s with lvl 33s, the only real option was victory road and all the gravelers knew self destruct and magnitude, never again
>>
>>27244714
>shit mon selection
>Introduction of new rival for literally no reason
that's two for you
>>
>>27245208
>trainers and Pokemon on Route 45 are in the 20's while Clair is level 41
>trainers before the E4 use level 30's (a level 31 Mareep being the most infamous example) while Lance has a level 50 Dragonite
Also >>27245311

Between the non-linear paths forcing you to be overleveled only for Archer and Clair to suddenly jump on you, and the fact that trainers past a certain point are over 10 levels lower than the bosses, it's she is that the level curve really had no thought to it.

They could have fixed it in HGSS, since they made it more linear (blocking off Ice Path, unlike in GSC), but Gamefreak is a bunch of lazy hacks so they didn't bother.
>>
>>27245393
Don't forget that that level 50 Dragonite knew outrage and could sweep your entire team in 6 turns because it was a guaranteed one shot against everything but the tankiest tanks and the box legendary, and chances are you only had one ice type move at the most
>>
>>27244940
There's a way to get that Feraligatr back as long as you haven't wiped your HGSS save.
>>
File: image.jpg (90KB, 400x551px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90KB, 400x551px
>>27245305
>Pokemon game
>challenging
>>
No animated sprites and battles are too slow. If someone hacked them to have the B/W sprites and battle engine they'd be 11/10 games.
>>
>>27245486
I asume you mean with battle animations turned on right? I haven't used them since Platinum and Pokemon is actually fun to play
>>
>>27244714
>Terrible level curve
>Bad distribution of mons
>>
>>27245521
This. Everything good is at the beginning of the game. Why do you think most people run with the generic Typhlosion/Ampharos/Heracross/Quagsire/Golem/Crobat team? All good early game mons.

Everything else is either a shitmon or takes too long to get good. (Looking at you, Larvitar, Scyther, Dratini, and Houndour).
>>
>>27245552
Replace Quagsire with Lapras (level 20 at union cave once you know surf, when your other mons are level 25 or so) and Golem with Nidoking or Nidoqueen since it needs a trade and you have a decent team
>>
>>27244714
they didn't change the gym leader's pokemon or gen 2 pokemon availability. i'm still pissed that Falkner didn't have a Hoothoot, Chuck didn't have a Hitmontop, and especially everyone in Morty's gym had something from the Gastly line and nobody had a Misdreavus. i know, kind of nitpicky. i've just always hated how most of the gen 2 pokemon were really obscure/late-game/hard to find and most trainers didn't have them
>>
>>27245486
>B/W sprites and battle engine
>those awful awful sprites with the horrible depth of field shit they hamfistedly attempted to shove in
Please
>>
>>27245458
never said i thought that, retard
>>
>>27244714
>remixes that add and alter the score instead of just updating the instruments, usually resulting in themes that pale compared to the originals
>route 29 and goldenrod city's themes fucking destroyed
>rematch system mechanics make money and experience pains in the ass to grind outside of the e4
>apricorn colours were converted depending on what berry the equivalent tree in gsc grew meaning that there were too many green apricorns and few reds and whites
>level curve still shit, wild mons in route 45 not even level 25
>no location-based evolutions
>heart scales hard as fuck to find because of rock smash's low item rates and luvdisc being a swarming mon
>stones hard as shit to get outside of pokeathlon and bug-catching contest
>a grand total of four fucking berry pots at a time
>can't turn walking pokemon off because as cool as it is, it gets fucking annoying at times
>move tutors require bp instead of shards, and jesus fucking christ they are expensive
>many items relegated to being difficult or impossible to obtain without using the pokewalker
>your mum won't stop buying shit with your cash
>spiky-eared pichu
>victory road is still barren and absolute shit
>the bag and boxes are some of the most aggravating ones to search through in the series

That's all I can really think of right now.
>>
rehash
>>
>>27245705
>>heart scales hard as fuck to find because of rock smash's low item rates and luvdisc being a swarming mon

oh god this, especially after D/P/Pt which basically showered you with items and every 20 steps was a hidden heart scale

best place to get them is that city with the fighting type gym and the safari zone though, and you can get a moon stone for your nido evolutions at the ruins of alph pretty early on, you're fucked if you need other stones though
>>
>>27245393
Honestly, a Versus Seeker probably would have solved the whole level curve.
>>
>>27244714
I lost it.
And my Pokewalker was run through the wash.

Amazingly atmospheric games. I remember a great back country vacation with my neighbor where we would battle, trade, and pokeathlon every night as we played through the games. We would take the walkers everywhere with us.

During high school, I would go on late night runs through my cozy neighborhood with that draco meteor Jirachi in my Pokewalker.

Lost the damn Jirachi, too.
>>
>>27245767
Anon, you don't want to know just how many things the VS Seeker would have solved if it had survived Sinnoh,
>>
tf lost pokewalker a week after using it
i hate myself
>>
Here's a major problem: It's literally a shot for shot remake so most of the problems from GSC are still prominent.
>>
>>27245986
Better to have a shot-for-shot remake than to change things for the worse like ORAS.
>>
>>27244714
I can't. This game is so fucking good it drives me nuts.
>>
>>27246042
>It's better to have a pile of shit than a bigger pile of shit
>>
>>27246081
Yes.
>>
>>27244966
>>Giovanni battle is locked behind a limited distribution Celebi
This is my only real complaint.
>>
It's a good game but it's overrated as fuck and the constant mastubatory posts about how it's the best game in the series are so annoying.

>>27246042
This. Shit exp curve, shit Pokemon distribution, Johto mons have no presence in Johto and Johto is the shittiest region in the series.
>>
>>27244940
just replace the battery and hopefully have your original save still. I popped in a new one in my pokewalker and my geodude from five years ago was still there.
>>
>>27244714
You can only polish a turd so much. While a great remake, it had to work with the worst gen.
>>
Running on the shitty ass gen 4 engine.
>>
>>27245682
You definitely implied it retard.
See >>27245305
You're implying challenge exists in Pokemon.
>>
>>27246233
This. Gen 2 had such awful Pokemon designs. A generic sunflower with a smily face pasted on, a generic deer, a piece of coral with another smily face, literal alphabet Pokemon with eyes, bland and forgettable starters, useless baby Pokemon. I could go on and on.
>>
>>27244714

>for some reason, didn't use the added Crystal wild encounters
>a good chunk of the remakes music is worse than the original
>The Johto Safari Zone's gimmick was interesting in concept, but shit in execution
>you don't get GB sounds until the point in which you just dont care anymore
>rematch system is still stupid
>>
File: 1283676901912.jpg (122KB, 600x465px) Image search: [Google]
1283676901912.jpg
122KB, 600x465px
>shit level curve wasn't fixed
Makes playing the actual story-line not that great.

>events specific to days of the week + time of day are fucking terrible
I don't mind stuff like Hoothoot only appearing at night, or Lapras showing up on Mondays. That's cool. But I shouldn't have to schedule Monday at 7:00 to find Misty on the S.S. Anne or whatever, its bullshit.

>Safari Zone is inscrutable
Its cool that it has a lot of Pokemon available but having to unlock them with certain amounts of features + allowing time to pass is way too convoluted. Remove the time aspect, and reduce the features requirement, and it would be the only good Safari Zone in the series, though.

>8 HMS, 3 of them are water type
this shit is terrible

>two okay regions instead of one actually interesting one
just a bad idea, I much prefer the larger, more well rounded single regions we have had since R/S.

>apricorn balls are too hard to farm
At least R/S berries could be watered to grow extra, this is just one per day, constantly, forever.

I like HG/SS, but pretending its perfect is silly.
>>
>>27247269
Finally a sensible Johto fan. I honestly like Gen 2 the least, but at least it had more effort put into it than XY.
>>
>>27247269
>well rounded single regions
I hope you're not serious. Most felt incomplete/half assed. Johto has its problems but the dual reigon was a fun one.
>>
Did not have access to Regirock, Regice, or Registeel.

Seriously, I wished they had those three in the games. Event-exclusive in Platinum & only obtainable from GBA games?

Also, no way to get the other three starters without having an extra copy of the game/ having a friend with those three starters.
>>
>>27244894
fair enough but you still gotta admit, pretty great games
>>
>>27244714
>Single use TM's
There, that wasn't hard. Not much else tho.
>>
>>27246042
Oh boy, here we go again.
I still love ORAS and don't care for the /vp/ jokes. It was a damn fun game, and I really can't go back to RSE after playing it.
>>
These threads are awful since there doesn't have to be some huge shared opinion throughout a fanbase. All the games had their mistakes, every single one. I swear by Colosseum and Platinum, but those games' flaws are easy as fuck to see. The great thing about the Pokemon games though is how they all have something that makes you want to replay them all, again and again.
>>
This game puts OR:AS to shame in terms of content and quality
>>
HM spam

>whirlpool

oh god what the fuck were they thinking
>>
File: dumbfrog.jpg (7KB, 249x212px) Image search: [Google]
dumbfrog.jpg
7KB, 249x212px
>beat the original gold and silver a gorillion times as a kid
>HG/SS comes out
>stop playing halfway through the kanto badges

i never even beat red. i don't know why. maybe the memes about kanto being barren were true.
>>
>>27249695
Same thing happened to me. There wasn't enough new shit to make playing the remake fun.

SoulSilver remains the only Pokemon game I haven't finished.
>>
the leveling carv was pretty awful.

the lack of any good or fun pokemon to catch in the region.

gym leaders being overleveled.
>>
>>27249695
>maybe the memes about kanto being barren were true.
oh it's definitely true. i lost interest as well a few badges in.
>>
They got rid of Kris.
>>
>>27244714
Level cap
>>
>>27249695
decent kanto remake when
>>
you know what would've made kanto better? if gamefreak pulled a 180 and turned it into a survival mode by removing all your HMs, and limiting access to pokecenters+pc.

i fucking love when rpg's do this. get far in the game and BAM! all your weapons are gone and you're left with weak shit, leaving you to rely on your skill and experience to pull you through.

i loved it in oracle of ages, and i so wish it would be done in a pokemon game. closest it's ever been was mystery dungeon with the 100 floor lvl 1 dungeons.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.