[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon GO home!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 3

File: _90369413_pokemon_964afp.jpg (45KB, 660x438px) Image search: [Google]
_90369413_pokemon_964afp.jpg
45KB, 660x438px
This cancer will never die will it. The worst part about is the same shit head "90's kids" who play this shit excuse for a AR pokemon game are likey the same people who laughed at "geeks" for being into pokemon.

The worst part about is I can't normally escape this becuase it's in everyones face. My already shitty commute on the dc metro is made nearly intolerable by tourists and yuppies playing this.

I bet you 100% if this game had more functionality and included more then first gen 151. The wannabe 90's kid hip crowd would've never played this.
>>
I don't understand how pokemon fans could hate go, its the closest we've ever come to having real pokemon. Think about it, there was that stampede in washington cause a vaporeon appeared in a park. A rare pokemon was spotted so hordes of people rushed to try and catch it. Thats a thing that happened in real life, how cool is that? You can just be walking down the street and hear normal people saying things like "i was walking home and saw a ponyta, took like 5 pokeballs but i got it". That shits crazy. And its introducing more people to the great franchise we all love, how could that be bad? GO is kickass and is as close to letting us become real pokemon trainers as we can, so whats the problem?
>>
>>27243105
OP and many on this board never properly learned to socialize in the real world. Thus they do not understand the joys of social interaction while enjoying a hobby. And, as history shows, it is the human nature to hate what one does not understand. Do not be angry at them. Instead, weep for them, for they will never experience these joys firsthand.
>>
>>27243105

because ppl are fucking contrarians and dont like when other ppl enjoy the same thing they do. these special little snowflakes need to be apart of the masses cause they think they above them. and suddenly everyone around them talks the pokemon lingo, go running for a good catch. HOW DARE THEY! ruining MY pokemon! They are not allowed!

this happens alot when something gets too famous
>>
>This cancer will never die will it
It's been like 2 weeks fampai be patient
>>
File: projecting.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
projecting.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
>>27242291
>>
>>27242291
>the same people who laughed at "geeks" for being into pokemon
Maybe yous should work on letting go of that anger and pain
>>
>>27242291
Why are you so butthurt that other people are enjoying a game?
>>
>>27243187
I can't understand how people could think like that. We all remember playing RBY as kids, when rumors like pikablu were said on the playground. Playing it with friends was awesome when everyone was doing it then, why not now? I've missed those days when it was normal conversation to talk about what cool pokemon you had, and now those days are back. But the people that should be enjoying it the most call it cancer, its astonishing
>>
>>27243105
>I don't understand how pokemon fans could hate go
Been playing all main games since RBY. I must say GO is fun. I don't mind people who never tried Pokemon for playing the game, what I hate are those people who mocked me for playing Pokemon and now act like GO is the next best thing since sliced bread.
>>
>>27243385
Exactly! The people who said pokemon was for kids or whatever now see that they're wrong, and now everyone is enjoying it. We won in the end.
>>
Pokemon GO isn't about "AR" for the fans, it's about sharing your pokemon, battling with other players.

While for people who don't even know what Pokemon is, it's either for the AR experience or simply because it's a trend, and like all trends it will eventualy die but the fans will keep playing this.

So yeah, fuck off OP.
>>
>>27243105
I don't hate GO, I enjoy it. But I can totally see why others wouldn't like it, namely:
>battles that we know and love from the main games are nonexistant
>it's currently buggy mess

Not to mention that there's absolutely nothing to do with any Pokemon that isn't strong enough to fight in a gym. I'm not sure what the appeal of catching them all is if they just sit there in your inventory and you can't use them for anything.

The game needs pokemon contests or amie or something. I think it may end up being pretty great years or months down the line after a few major updates, but right now it's nothing more than a mildly amusing distraction to tide me over until Sun and Moon.
>>
>>27242291
>. The worst part about is the same shit head "90's kids" who play this shit excuse for a AR pokemon game are likey the same people who laughed at "geeks" for being into pokemon.

actually it's the 20+ year olds who played Red/Blue when they originally came out and then grew out of it when they started going to high school, but now that they are 20+ they realize "growing out" of something you genuinely love is stupid.

GO will probably prompt these people to give the generations they skipped a chance, which is actually a really good thing because it means GameFreak will have more incentive to put actual effort into gen 8.
>>
>>27243385
Yeah...too bad Pokemon GO is nothing like the GBA/3DS games.
>>
>>27243487
>about sharing your pokemon, battling with other players.
You can't do either in GO.
>>
>>27243518
>can't share pokemon
You can't trade (YET) but you can share your progress with other players.

>can't battle
You battle in Gyms you fucking idiot
>>
>>27243518

they're patching that in soon
>>
>>27243498
>GO will probably prompt these people to give the generations they skipped a chance

Why do people keep saying this? It won't happen. They have an instinctive immediate reaction of hating "those crazy new Pokymon".
>>
>>27243518
But we will, supposedly in the next update trading will be implemented. GO isnt perfect yet, but its a huge step in the best direction we could hope for
>>
>>27243580
>They have an instinctive immediate reaction of hating "those crazy new Pokymon".

do you have proof of this that isn't just personal anecdotes?
>>
>>27243580
I've seen like 5 threads today about people saying GO inspired them to try games they skipped and asking for advice. It is happening.
>>
>>27242291
Everytime I say to someone:
"If they come out with Jhoto, i MIGHT download it"

they look at me literally like im speaking another language. You're 100% right. Alot of people are playing this because other people play it. What has happened to this game literally defines what it is to be a sheep.
>>
>>27243385
I personally don't like GO but to each their own. What gets me is that a lot of the people I grew up with that grew out of Pokemon are now claiming shit like if you don't play GO you're not even into the pokemon franchise. Gen wunners in a nutshell
>>
>>27243580
No, you just automatically assume that they hate the new Pokemon because of all the asinine "genwunners ruinin mah Pokermans" people infesting this board say they do. I for one started playing gem 1 and stopped playing at gen 4. Didn't hate the new, just got tired of the same formulas. I've picked it back up (all because of Go) and I found my love all over again, even for the new ones. And guess what? That's money going to GF so they can keep expanding this intricate world everyone loves. But I guess I'm just a stupid genwunner, so what do I know?
>>
>>27243709
johto*
>>
>>27243720

I'm a Hoennbaby and I think GO is really fun. It's at least more fun than XY, assuming you're playing with other people (which is kinda the whole point).
>>
I'm the type of person who hardly wanted to play any pokémon at all (yellow was the only). But I just so happened to love the idea of going out to catch pokémons in real life. So I like GO.
>>
>>27243720
I respect you not liking GO. It's very much a watered down version of the main games BUT GO lets you experience it fully with so many people. The fact that you see them on the streets in plain sight--hell I talked to a complete stranger earlier in a pokestop. We were both running around in between our job breaks.

GO also lets you become a legit gym leader--something we have never been able to do in the main games.

So I do enjoy it, but I also agree with you about people using it as the golden standard of being a true fan as the most idiotic bullshit to say, especially if they mocked long-time fans who stayed with the series.
>>
>>27243709
And what's wrong with that? They're still getting introduced to pokemon, if they don't stick around that's their loss but a lot of people that play GO get more into it, making more fans. More people liking pokemon can't be bad
>>
>>27243801
>what wrong with that

they are being introduced to newers gens in the worst possible way. They know nothing about the actual moves the pokemon have, or their backstory's. Shieeet even right now, 80% of the poeple playing this dont know about Cubone and the Pokemon Tower. Sad.
>>
>>27243858
True, but now they have the opportunity to learn that stuff, because theyre being introduced to the franchise. A lot of people won't get more into it, but there are people that will. New and dedicated fans have and will come from GO
>>
>>27243858
>They know nothing about the actual moves the pokemon have, or their backstory's.

so? they will find out if they end up enjoying it

I'm sick of autists on /vp/ acting like being a TRUE POKEMON FAN is some secret elitist club or something. pokemon is one of the most popular franchies ever and has been for 20 years. there are millions of people who stuck with it for those 20 years.
>>
>>27242291
>in DC
Proudly playing Pokemon on your metro trip. Suck it.
>>
>>27242291
>'Waaaaaa! Stop liking what I don't like! Give me attention for posting a cancer thread!'
>>
Does it make you mad that stacy is playing pokemon Go on her way to chads house?
>>
>>27242291
I like how this became a GO appreciation thread
>>
>>27243359
Lol. OP is your typical butthurt elitest(autist)who hates the game either because he cant play it/doesnt want to do what the 'majority' is doingand wants to be 'different'/or feels left out alot of people migrated to GO instead of the gb games. Either way hes a fag
>>
>>27243910
its not an elitist thing. It just an opinion. To me, anything past catching monsters that are fantasy spin offs of real animals is empty. The magic of Pokemon for me is the backstory
>>
>>27243494
Liquified those fuckers and turn em into candy to feed to the others
>>
>>27244005
They usually do. There is very few actual pokemon fans who dislike go and their reasons are complete bullshit or justified by autism. Pretty funny really.
>>
>>27244018
>for me
And there you have it
>>
>>27244018
So this justifies GO bashing? Kek
>>
>>27244018
>the magic is the backstory

And now more people will be turned to the backstory since GO will make more fans of the series, which will make GF want to do more with the story to keep these new fans hooked. It's a win for everybody
>>
>>27242291

Haha you mad because "muh oldfag entitlement".
Do you realized how bitter and narcissistic you sound?
What, pokemon is such a graceful and exemplary game that only certain people can play it provided it's a certain way?

Get a fucking grip, it's new software and if you know gaming or tech in general, first editions always have glitches or problems.

I'll give you an example: Pokemon Blue Version, that had the Missingno. cheat. You know why no-one complained about that glitch? because it could be exploited for the players benefit.

>I bet you 100% if this game had more functionality and included more then first gen 151. The wannabe 90's kid hip crowd would've never played this.

I bet you that it wouldn't have made a difference, people like pokemon, in fact I know people that get together in groups and do bar-crawls with Pokemon GO, for no other reason than "It's fun."

Where is this wannabe 90's crowd? The 90's was shit, no ADSL +2, Clinton was elected, the music was cringeworthy looking back and everyone dressed like they salvaged some hand-me-downs. Nirvana wasn't fantastic, ecstasy abuse rampant everywhere. Y2K paranoia and that Heaven's Gate bullshit. You couldn't text your mates to see if they want to hang out, you called on a house phone and waited for ages at a spot never knowing when they'd turn up.

No-one wanted that, you're retarded.
>>
>>27244085
Thank you for bringing logic to the thread.
>>
>>27244061
I dont know if id call it bashing, but yeah. I think the current state of that app and its emptiness doesn't do 20 years of Pokemon justice. Not to say there isnt going to be 10,000 updates from here on out from the money they made.
But in its current state, its an empty shell in the whole scope of Pokemon
>>
>>27244129
Lmfao. So close-minded.GO is in its infancy stage... give it time. If anyone is an actual fan of Pokemon, you wouldn't be bashing GO. Period.
>>
>>27244129
I can understand the frustration with the bugs and stuff, but GO is a new style. Just like how RBY had things like missingno. It'll get better, and as it stands now its a huge step in the best direction.
>>
>>27244023
This is the correct answer. The game is Eugenics Simulator 2016.

I catch Eevees all day only to melt them down to evolve the best of the day's crop. Then among those I only improve the ones that evolve well.
>>
>>27244015
>>27244094
>>27244193
/thread
>>
>>27243383
It's angry Hoennbabies and Sinnohfetuses still pissy they missed out on it first time around.
>>
>>27244288

Also, I'm gonna point out the fact that OP is dick-riding the whole "muh traditional pokemanz" yet failed to talk about the fact some pokemon require evolution stones, but GO is just Candies, Candies and Candies.

>that's not very traditional.
OP confirmed for being full of shit
>>
You stated two "worst things about it" so which is the actual worst thing about it
>>
>>27244324
Wow. This. All kinds of this... these are the fags calling everyone 'Genwunners' like they are above everyone else. Haha. Kudos to you kind anon.
>>
>>27244094
God damn. A bar crawl for pokemon go sounds autism.
>>
>>27244411
>drinking + Pokemon = autism

Huh?
>>
>>27244411
what is your idea of fun with your mates then, anon?
>>
>>27244411

Nigga, you're stupid.
>>
File: 1300211691549.png (70KB, 258x258px) Image search: [Google]
1300211691549.png
70KB, 258x258px
>>27244411
>He's never done a bar crawl with friends, talking about Pokemon the whole time
>>
>>27244439
>>27244718
>>27244565
>>27244742

He doesn't have friends. Let's not make this anymore painful for the lad.
>>
>>27242291
You hate Pokemon Go because the people who made fun of you for being nerdy and geeky as a kid suddenly like the same thing they mocked you for. So not only did you never get to enjoy things in your childhood, but you blame those people instead of looking inwards to your own insecurities and shortcomings.

Maybe you got made fun of for liking Pokemon not because you liked Pokemon, but because you were a fucking faggot who let people step all over them and cared more about what people thought of them than being your own person. You dont hate the people who made fun of you, you hate yourself for not being a stronger person and getting over their criticisms.

Had you been secure in who you were and had the balls to stand up to them as a kid, maybe you wouldn't be the social pariah faggot you are now.

Stop blaming others for your cowardice OP.
>>
>>27243157
Holy shit, savage reply kek
>>
>>27243105
its missing 570 pokemon, the battle system is almost nonexistent,
it's missing features that have no legitimate reason for not being there, including but not limited to:
genders
hold items
natures
same basic stats in the actual games
abilities
a level system
proper evolution mechanics.

seriously they could copy paste the battle system from the main games and it would have been way better
>>
>>27242291
Are you not a 90's kid?
Enjoy being b&
>>
>>27244822
no he was made fun of for liking pokemon quit trying to blame him, people are shitty and most are only interested in pokemon for now because its popular as soon as the fad passes they'll go back to ridiculing anyone even remotely interested in pokemon
>>
>>27243105
This. It's still better than gen 4 & 5, the generations that killed the pokemon hype
>>
>>27243724
You're not wrong, Gen 4 just sucks.
>>
>>27244887
>seriously they could copy paste the battle system from the main games
sure, anyway who never played pokemon or just played gen 1 could totally understand today's mechanics thanks to smogon
and would be not boring at all!
>>
>>27244887
OMG why are people still comparing it to the main series games and complaining that it's not the same, OF COURSE IT FUCKING ISN'T! Why would they make a FREE app that is exactly the same as the actual games that you PAY for?

Niantic have already said that the app is at it's most basic form, so much more will be added to it, trading, future gen Pokemon, more items, probably better battle functions too.

They're not going to add natures, abilities, hold items, stats etc, that makes it very complicated and it alienates the people who don't know what these things are, this app is for everyone, not just the people who play the games.
>>
>>27244324
But I started with Red and I still like Gen 3 more.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.