[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon Generations and Games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

File: 1869772_0.jpg (38KB, 540x309px) Image search: [Google]
1869772_0.jpg
38KB, 540x309px
Call me a normie but Pokemon Go has resparked my interest in Pokemon and now I want to get my bearings in how the games work. I plan on buying a 3ds xl with Sun/Moon when it comes out, but I'd also like to be able to get Pokemon from previous games/generations/regions (I don't know how Pokemon are separated, sorry) and trade them up into Sun/Moon. Anything I should know ahead of time? I have some disposable income so I can buy multiple games and consoles/handhelds if need be. I know this post is a bunch of rambling, if anything needs to be clarified I'll gladly clarify.
>>
>>27239789
I'd say buy a 3ds for all the DS ones (Diamond, Platinum, HGSS, BW, BW2)
And a DS or a DSlite for Ruby and leafgreen.
Don't bother with RGB or GSC because there is no way of transferring 1st and 2nd to 3d gen, so it's pretty much useless.
>>
>>27239852
Actually, they rereleased Gen 1 on the 3DS. It's tedious as shit to play, but doable. And you'll be able to transfer your team out to Sun and Moon whn they get released.
>>
>>27239878
>It's tedious as shit to play
Why?
>>
>>27239878
True dat, but it's better to get 1st gen pokémon on Leaf Green. You can EV and IV train there, and it's a much better experience (except for the isles)
>>
>>27239878
Generations refer to the pair of games that were released, right?
>>
>>27239907
20 inventory slots. No running. Getting the bike takes half the game. You have to open the menu to use an HM move.
>>
>>27239789
HG/SS and BW2 are essential. Maybe get OR/AS too or play Emerald on an emulator. X/Y isn't that great and Platinum is optional.
>>
>>27239789
You can transfer from as early as Gen3 through consoles and games. I know for a fact you can put Diamond/Pearl/Platinum into a DS, put RSEFRLG into the bottom cart and transfer.

I don't remember how to transfer from Gen4 to Gen5 though and I hope someone can help you there.

From Gen5 you can just use Pokebank for the 3DS games, it costs 5 bucks a year, which is chump change but some bums on /vp/ might complain about if you're not a bum, you won't complain
>>
>>27239916
Sort of... Generations refer to when new Pokemon are released.
>>
>>27239962
For 3d to 4th gen you need two DS consoles.
>>
>>27240037
>two ds
Fuck. That.
Is there no other way?
>>
>>27240099
I meant 4th to 5th. But no, there is no other way. It's also a pretty long process.
>>
>>27239916
GEN 1: Red, Blue, Yellow
GEN 2: Gold, Silver, Crystal
GEN 3: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, LeafGreen
GEN 4: Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, SoulSilver
GEN 5: Black, White, Black 2, White 2
GEN 6: X, Y, Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire
GEN 7: Sun, Moon
>>
>>27240037
NOPE. There's a Friend Safari in Platinum where you plug your GBA cart in at the bottom and they get transferred over to your DS game.
>>
>>27240037
Do you mean 3rd Gen? Because there's a transfer lab that says otherwise. You could only transfer 30 dudes a day and you had to hunt them down in a Safari Zone-esque place.

Or from 4th to 5th, because that makes sense you need to DS then...
>>
>>27240099
"Pokemon from Generation four games can be transferred to Generation five games if you have two DS, two 3DS, or a DS and 3DS system. "

http://www.ign.com/wikis/pokemon-omega-ruby-alpha-sapphire/How_To_Transfer_Pokemon_From_3rd_Gen_to_6th_Gen
>>
>>27240179
>You could only transfer 30 dudes a day and you had to hunt them down in a Safari Zone-esque place.
God, the Pal Park was the fucking worst.
>>
>>27240129
>>27240099
There was an easy way of mass-transferring your gen 4 Pokemon to 5 and only required a single DS, but that would require OP to have a flashcart, retail BW/2 cart, and for Pokecheck to be up still.
>>
>>27240196
Thank god.....

Aren't old school DS pretty cheap now? I mean, if a new 2DS sells for 80 in the box, I'm guessing you could get a normal DS for 10-20 USD tops.
>>
>>27239932

Yeah, the Virtual Console releases of the game on 3DS were the first time I've played Gen 1 in years and I was shocked at how many quality-of-life adjustments weren't made for menus or travelling around the overworld until later gens.
>>
>>27240235

I'm finding them on Amazon anywhere from 40 to 80 dollars. Not bad.
>>
>>27240265
OP here, I visited a swapmeet and was able to find a few nintendo DS for around $40, and theres a few on Craigslist for around the same price.
>>
>>27239789
Just get Desmume, dumb faggot.

Platinum, HGSS, B2W2 are the best games
>>
>>27240132
What would we do without you, Richard?
>>
>Normie who came here because of Go

>Actually going out of his way to buy a DS instead of playing on an emulator

You know that you don't belong here. Just leave. And stay out.
>>
>>27240333
I've been playing Sapphire on an emulator, I just really want to be able to trade globally. I've got no friends IRL so...
>>
>>27240350
Then you obviously need to go Gen 6. But because Gen 6 kinda sucks, just wait until S&M come out.
>>
>>27240265
>>27240287
Best of luck. I've had my og DS since 2000 and something and managed to get a skinny black one for some yugioh cards.
>>
play the games as unbiased as possible and don't forget to always try new pokemon from each region. that how i always do, yeah using old favorites may be fun but its always good to try different things
>>
The only games you need to play are HeartGold/SoulSilver, Platinum, Black/White, Black2/White 2, X/Y and OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire. Don't bother with GB/GBA games, as they have remakes and Kanto is visitable in HGSS.
>>
>>27240859
Thanks, this is probably the most summative response I've gotten. Are there large differences between BW and B2W2?
>>
>>27240934
Yeah, BW only has the new pokemon that were introduced in that generation (until you finish the game). BW2 has pokemon from other generations, an expanded map, different gyms/trainers, and a bunch of other cool stuff that I kinda forgot.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.