[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the XY dub so terrible?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: Z.jpg (6KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
Z.jpg
6KB, 300x168px
>Terrible voices
>Bad acting
>Terrible music
>Almost all the Japanese OST replaced
>Bad script

Am I missing anything, /vp/?
>>
>>27232365
>Bad script
>XY
pick one
>>
File: Yurika and Citron.png (61KB, 250x141px) Image search: [Google]
Yurika and Citron.png
61KB, 250x141px
>>27232365
It is impossible for anyone to compete against Mariya Ise and Tetsuya Kakihara to begin with.
Those two are already top class in japanese va.
>>
>>27232369
I mean the dub script, you know, the one that has Team Rocket rhyming and alliterating all the time. Not the show itself, it's good otherwise.
>>
>>27232384
Woops Yuuji Kaji, those two really similar.
>>
>>27232365
shit TCPi in-house dub, all they care about is saving shekels
>>
File: imgres.jpg (9KB, 301x167px) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
9KB, 301x167px
>>27232384
Ise does a pretty great job as Eureka, that's true, hard to match that.
>>
>>27232399
Yeah, pretty much seems to be the case. You'd think with like practically 10 yrs. of dubbing the show now, TPCi would give a shit, but no, dub's horrible now.

Golfarb is pretty damn bad at the music composition, half his stuff is laughable.

>>27232396
Nah, it's cool, I know what you mean. It's kinda funny Kaji voices Citron but then Naruhodo in Ace Attorney of all things.
>>
>>27232365

Friendly reminder this season (all of XY) went through three voice directors.

It was barely passable but it got really godawful.

shame really.

I wish the NYAV Post did this show instead., they produce amazing dubs in New York and can use LA VA's too.
>>
>>27232365
>Am I missing anything?
Terrible source material.
>>
>>27233112

is there any comparison on yt or something?
>>
>>27233152

I dunno, I wouldn't give the dub the time of day.

I'm sure some of the VA's in the dub have some potential but with that voice direction, I probably couldn't tell.
>>
Shauna's voice is very nice?
>>
Was there more of the orginal OST included in the early dub seasons?? I remember so many songs from good battles in the season 1 and so on but in XY i can barely even hear any music.
>>
Try comparing Golfarb to bruce faulconers tracks.
>>
>>27232365
being a weeabo is bad enough but being a weeabo over pokemon is so sad and cringey
>>
>>27233958
>having a semblance of standards over accepting literal dogshit is bad
>>
XY and XYZ are shit in general. They only cover it by the awesome sfx and animation
>>
File: 1465705016494.png (239KB, 1067x1170px) Image search: [Google]
1465705016494.png
239KB, 1067x1170px
>>27232365
The whole x and y series is shit because they made Serena white. The Brown Serena would have been way better
>>
Watch subs faggot. Subs > dub for 90% of anime.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.